Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck can be resold after all, fine print changed:
Effectively this just puts pressure on Tesla to dynamically price to market, which we know they are very active about.

Unlike the less flexible arrangement OEMs have with dealerships (where dealers have charged a "Market adjustment" of +/-$50,000 for in-demand vehicles), if / when Tesla sees new owners flipping Cybertrucks for a profit, they can 'immediately' raise the price they are charging new owners who haven't yet signed a purchase order. Since volumes will be low, this tactic will limit revenue lost due to price adjustment latency.

This may produce a public backlash, but at least there will be limited lost revenue. In 3-5 years, when dual motor Cybertrucks are selling for under $50,000, those who were pissed off can then jump on the bandwagon.

...or choose to buy a lesser, more expensive pickup!

Effectively this just puts pressure on Tesla to dynamically price to market, which we know they are very active about.

Unlike the less flexible arrangement OEMs have with dealerships (where dealers have charged a "Market adjustment" of +/-$50,000 for in-demand vehicles), if / when Tesla sees new owners flipping Cybertrucks for a profit, they can 'immediately' raise the price they are charging new owners who haven't yet signed a purchase order. Since volumes will be low, this tactic will limit revenue lost due to price adjustment latency.

This may produce a public backlash, but at least there will be limited lost revenue. In three years when dual motor Cybertrucks are selling for under $50,000, those who were pissed off can then jump on the bandwagon.

Or choose to buy a lesser, more expensive pickup!
Mongo no like...

Just because Captain Moneybags is willing to pay double to skip the line doesn't mean anyone in line will or can. Also implies all those with 4 year old reservations get dorked over on affordability. Unless they all get purchase orders early on in which case the price change doesn't take effect for quite a while.

So, Michael Burry closed his $1.6 billion short position with a 40% loss.
According to an article I read he does all of this through his company Scion Capital.
I am not a native English speaker.
But I think I now know why he hasn’t named his company Burry Capital.
It appears he should have.
They should make a movie about his investing brilliance. It takes a lot of skill walk away with a 40% loss while shorting in a bear market.

Mongo no like...

Just because Captain Moneybags is willing to pay double to skip the line doesn't mean anyone in line will or can. Also implies all those with 4 year old reservations get dorked over on affordability. Unless they all get purchase orders early on in which case the price change doesn't take effect for quite a while.

Yeah, I don't agree that that was the premise of the "no-reselling" excercise. I think it was to 'shake-the-tree'. If 1.5M 'holders' gave up their place in line for a $100 refund (sans interest, BTW), then its 'Mission Accomplished'.

If anyone finds that they're suddenly a few hundred K higher in the order queue, please do let us know. ;)

Cheers to the HODL'ers!

The most expensive part of auto insurance to customers, and the most expensive payout of claims by insurers, by far, is for personal liability. A total replacement Model Y is +-$50k. Personal injury requiring lifetime rehabilitation could be in the millions. Shouldn't the safest car ever built carry the lowest insurance premiums? Yes, it should.
You are right of course but Tesla initially was very bullish on insurance so why do we think they have stopped expanding the service?

Reactions: wtlloyd
Toni hasn't changed his view on Tesla in ten years, his opinion isn't based on anything but emotions. For an analyst, that equates to him being worthless at predictions.
I must say I haven't done the actual legwork checking my hypothesis, but looking at most of these analysts, do they ever? It seems they have sell rating on a company or a buy rating on a company for at least 10 years. I mean if TSLA went to $800 tomorrow without any material news changing the story even I would consider selling. And then you would assume most analysts would change their rating to sell, but I'm pretty sure most would not change.
The whole analysts thing seems like a scam or some wierd travelling circus thing, but at the same time some of them DOES move the market which boggles my mind.

They should make a movie about his investing brilliance. It takes a lot of skill walk away with a 40% loss while shorting in a bear market.
Most of the shorters are like career criminals. They just can't let go of the habit. They make a lot of money in one big heist and become very popular and a darling of financial media. Media puts them in a pedestal. The always get prefixed with glorifying adjectives like:

who correctly called the housing market collapse and made billions
who correctly identified and called the Enron fraud

but then they get cocky and think they are better than the rest and lose all of them continuously making bad bets shorting again and again.

RE Gary’s post on X:

Why are the weeklyChina deliveries worth more than a brief glance while Shanghai is likely still exporting a big chunk of its cars to Europe? A 1,000 difference from one week to another is insignificant.

Modest compared to what? Monthly production number is the number that matters. October’s number was great, especially given Model 3 was likely not at max capacity.

We’re seeing prices go up in China, so it’s not like there’s a fear that demand is dropping.
He’s a waste of time.