Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13421592412389-gif.50808

View attachment 994423
look at the CT sitting next to the antiquated ICE pickup .... it really demonstrates how you can get "used to" a terrible design (legacy pickup )

i had this discussion with my wife over the weekend and she said that traditional pickups looked much better i told her it is just because you are used to seeing them and you never really thought about how idiotic they look especially for non commercial applications ... she though about it and i think is starting to come around ....not that it matters I am, getting CT regardless :p
Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 5.13.59 PM.png

Do we know if there is talk of a cathode factory in Nevada?

Haha, you mean talk from Tesla? No. But there likely will be a lithium refinery near there if the Thacker Pass lithium mine is ever approved/permitted. Corpus Christi is modular, so no reason not to have the refinery located to optimize logistics. Cathode will be in high demand with 100K Semi trucks per year at 1MWh each, that's 100 GWh right there, or 4 * 4680 lines. I expect you're right on Cathode product.

Optimus should exit slowly and walk robotically to the stage where an actor dressed as Optimus dances. Optimus watches and then mimics the dance perfectly just by watching the actor. Interwebs break.

Yeah, that's the T-101 model with the learning CPU. As of now, Optimus has to upload that dancing video, wait two weeks for SkyNet to train a new neural net, d/l on wi-fi, THEN it can dance... :p

P.S. we really, really don't want those self-learning CPUs.... at least here on Terra. ;)

Seems like dejavu to me:

Oh, it's that time of year again? Sweet, that's bullish. 😂

Berkshire Hathaway being the investment Titan that it is, and Charlie’s well-publicized animus about Tesla being what it is, it is somewhat appropriate on this thread to follow BH’s succession policy.

Whoever it is who takes his place - and of course, Warren B also will not be around forever - his or her views cannot be identical to Mr Munger’s: we should keep a weather eye out for changes.

Berkshire Hathaway being the investment Titan that it is, and Charlie’s well-publicized animus about Tesla being what it is, it is somewhat appropriate on this thread to follow BH’s succession policy.

Whoever it is who takes his place - and of course, Warren B also will not be around forever - his or her views cannot be identical to Mr Munger’s: we should keep a weather eye out for changes.
Munger said, "We haven't had a successful new auto company in a long, long time. What Tesla has done in the car business is a minor miracle." That sounds like praise to me, not animus.

In the US, I think it's only the state of New Jersey where self service gas pumps are not allowed.

But I think the larger point is worth reiterating. Every gas station does require a human attendant for safety reasons (at least everywhere I know of in the US). So while a human might not help you with the gas, there will be someone on duty.

And as gas is phased out, it will become cost-prohibitive to keep many stations open 24/7. But a human attendant is never required for a Supercharger. So this is an EV advantage that will eventually become more apparent.
Not true as I have been to several gas stations with no attendant. Most were in the sparely populated west but there have been a number with no attendant and some with no building for an attendant.

Munger said, "We haven't had a successful new auto company in a long, long time. What Tesla has done in the car business is a minor miracle." That sounds like praise to me, not animus.

Munger was very much down on Tesla early on, but in recent years he has softened his tune and even praised Elon and Tesla occasionally.