Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When has Siddiqui ever written a balanced or positive article about Tesla, he’s as reliable as Kolodny.
Ditto... to the extent that if they use that reporter to write something about Tesla, it is almost certainly a hit piece and/or devoid of accurate information.

To be more believable they need to use someone else!

Seriously?? This is why stock dropped from $237 to $234 in premarket today? Guess it really is true that most people never read past the headline. So sick and tired of the manipulative media:

View attachment 998912

View attachment 998911
This morning, a lady in my wife’s online knitting group was on “send only”, stating that according to the news, all Teslas are recalled and have to go to the dealership to be fixed.

I seem to remember Jeff was butt hurt enough about Blue Origin losing a bid to SpaceX that he tried to sue. Now they are turning to SpaceX to launch their own satellite? Can someone help me wrap my mind around that?
SpaceX do something like 80% of payload mass. Rest of payload is split amongst various providers, mostly "national champions" - military etc.

What choice do satellite users have?

Edit: Elon has a great track record of dominating innovative industries and not losing money for investors. Useful to me, us, long may it continue

Last edited:
Screenshot_20231213_121501_X.jpg

Another sign of economic slowdown

I just can't get over the fast progress of Optimus and how it seems nobody else is even really trying to do a serious humanoid robot.
Actually they are:
I am very impressed with the hands on the new optimus, and the rapid progress, and I trust Tesla to be the ONLY company that plans mass-manufactured robots at serious (tens or hundreds of thousands scale).
But I think that manufacturing bias is their USP. Its not like there is no competition, there definitely is, and it will also ramp. Does anybody really think that nvidia, apple, meta, microsoft, google, will just sit and watch Tesla dominate robotics? They will be late, and slower, but they will definitely compete.

If only there was a refresh around the corner that can juice up demand...and a reduction in interest rate going into 2024...if only...
A little late to the discussion, but what if Tesla is just referring to the current M3's, not the Highland rev.? Granted, it is still a model 3, but perhaps it's using batteries that are substantially made in the US. Maybe this is a tool for enhancing sales in Q4? Also, we don't know for sure what pricing will be for the new Model 3's do we? Are vehicles ordered new from the website (not in inventory) to be delivered in January or later going to Highland's or current editions? As delivery for custom orders is still shown as December 2023, you must not be able to order the new ones yet in the US...

Reactions: Fred42
What a day....from 228 to 237

So what is it? JPow cutting U.S. a break?

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-13-10.15-03.png

EDIT: h/t @kengchang from Lower-BB to Mid-BB in a hr :p

Brendan Pedersen on X: "The Federal Reserve will hold rates at current level, keeping the federal funds rate at 5.25% and 5.5%. FOMC projections expect 75 basis points worth of cuts next year. Follow along for Chair Jay Powell's press conference at 230 ET."

JUST IN: FED Chair Jerome Powell says "we are pleased with the progress on inflation." Twitter • 16 seconds ago

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Actually they are:
I am very impressed with the hands on the new optimus, and the rapid progress, and I trust Tesla to be the ONLY company that plans mass-manufactured robots at serious (tens or hundreds of thousands scale).
But I think that manufacturing bias is their USP. Its not like there is no competition, there definitely is, and it will also ramp. Does anybody really think that nvidia, apple, meta, microsoft, google, will just sit and watch Tesla dominate robotics? They will be late, and slower, but they will definitely compete.
No doubt, but with Tesla's AI data, it's going to be similar to someone who is competent in four function calculator math being asked to do calculus.

Reactions: wipster