Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm down about $2.5m from ATH. I am fine with that. TSLA moves in unpredictable ways. I do not want to risk missing the next run up.
Optimus, FSD and things that could change the stock in a heartbeat. A reveal of model 2 could do the same. Elon has zero interest in forewarning people who are not investors.
Why is the next run up different than the last? You used to be up $2.5 million, was your life better? If not, why would this time be different? If it was, why was it not better enough to exit?
Yay, we held and now we're where we were years ago and may someday be back to a higher level we were already at.

At least at the start it was a group that could get together at annual meetings.

The stock trades like crap, total loss of confidence

Me accumulating :

cover5.jpg

Does Tesla still have Musk? He seems so preoccupied with Twitter and revenge.

Yah. Agreed. Tesla is a great company that has achieved some great things. But as an investment it’s done until Elon is no longer with the company. His focus now is politics and social media. Nothing wrong with that if that’s what he wants to do with his life but shareholders and investors deserve a CEO who is focussed on the task.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see double digit share prices over the next year (in which case we might jump in for a few again). But I think regardless of how good the company performs going forward, as long as he is associated with the company the stock will just languish. A lot of people are nervous investing in a company run by an unstable genius who doesn’t care about money.

Jmho.

ANY leader of a successful EV company in this decade (or the last 10) would have been in the headlines for simply blowing their nose. It's not Elon, it's the microscope that everyone holds on this ICE buster. Elon does give some ammo for the media, but this is not the reason for the stock manipulation and FUD, which you seem to be participating in now.

I haven't a clue what Jeff Bezos did this week. Who knows what the banking CEOs are doing. Is this one gay, or that one have a criminal record... no idea, don't care. I only look at performance, which hooked me hard when I first drove a 2018 Model 3 off the lot. (Not stock performance, Technology breakthrough performance).

Fortunately I sold some in the high 300's out of pure greed (home improvements, paid off the M3, added solar etc...). It was a good move at the time, and has helped carry me to the present without the need to get a job. Had I not sold some, I would be feeling the pain much worse, likely diversified some TSLA long ago TBH.

I feel people's pain and distrust for TSLA stock, but it's the other companies who you should not trust. Literally the CEO in TSLA's case is a winner against all odds. But I tend to like the underdog, especially when he can fly and is a tech-nerd.

Have no fear...

View attachment 1015542

Ya I know this is gonna make some people sick, but I have a hero today. Batman, Superman, Underdog, they were not real.
maybe the CEO should focus on operational aspects more instead of going on a 200+ tweets/replies/re-tweet rampage with every known right of center account on X within 24 hours....

Even if I thought Elon would change I dont see TSLA outperforming our other key holdings.
Ok, so don’t pretend you sold because Elon. You sold because you don’t think your shares will appreciate more than anything else you hold. If you thought there was more money to make, you’d continue to hold the shares as you’ve done all along, while simultaneously complaining about Elon. He’s a convenient excuse for yourself. If you go beneath that superficiality of money, you sold because you’re afraid. I can list what you’re truly afraid of, it’s not Elon, but you wouldn’t hear it.

Regardless, somebody who finally got off the pot and can now leave this chapter of their life behind. No more reason to follow the man or the company, and get yourself all upset over someone and something you can’t control. Adios and best wishes for your future.

But as an investment it’s done until Elon is no longer with the company.
What's with bashing Elon today? Buy the Dip
(Not advice for people with hearing loss,, a heart condition, if you take amphetamines, are on a pace maker, have intestinal issues, or don't have any couches).

maybe the CEO should focus on operational aspects more instead of going on a 200+ tweets/replies/re-tweet rampage with every known right of center account on X within 24 hours....
I don't read his tweets unless it's out of this thread ONLY.
I'm immune bc I have zero notifications from any social media platform.
My view is different because of this fact.

... just curious, was there something he said today? 🤣

Tesla is demand-limited, per @Troy. Supply is not an issue.

I don't agree. When a market has a temporary surge in demand, it seems Tesla prioritise supply to prevent availability extending by too many weeks or months. We've seen that in Belgian/UK company cars, incentives in France and Germany ending/starting, launch of Turkish sales.

Troy's premise is that Tesla turn supply on and off and that they do or there's huge inventory sitting around. My view is that Tesla can increase/decrease production to some degree through additional shifts and overtime but they avoid dramatic staffing changes.

Shifts and overtime have costs and may be sub-optimal. Extra shifts are particularly difficult to undo in Berlin due to employment laws. If non overtime, current shifts produce a certain number of cars, they have to be distributed to the most appropriate countries which may not be Germany. We've seen other European markets suck up the supply of Teslas.

Wave, shipping and other effects: UK Tesla sales up 173% compared to Jan 2023.

German incentive changes recently.

1707147384582.png

Model 3s for Germany from China - newly refreshed, high demand in every country, longer journeys, costs and greater risk due to Red Sea, perhaps weather at this time of year or availability of suitable ships.

Model Ys from Berlin (I don't know if all are from Berlin, are any from China?) - subject to available batteries (China, Red Sea), probably not worth doing extra shifts or overtime as these costs will be much higher and overtime shifts hard to ramp and undo. maybe later this year as January Europe markets traditionally slow.

Last edited:
See... this is where the argument just falls apart.
Elon tweets maybe 10 times a day. Sometimes all 10 are politics. Sometimes.
Show me the 200 tweet rampage within 24 hours.
This is wall-st-journal/business-insider level exaggeration.

I find it hysterical that one of Musks many "the biggest threat to humanity" is population collapse and yet people coming into the country is also the biggest threat.
Not the same, but you know that. I don’t care about any of it either way, so don’t try and pretend I’ve taken a side. I’m just pointing out you’re being disingenuous.

What’s your reason for doing that? Do you need other people to agree with your disingenuousness to make yourself feel better about being so? Or are you just dishonest that way by nature? Or did you really not know the two examples are not the same, and now people know your level of intellectual understanding?