Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay I am giving the benefit of the doubt and think you are a smart guy.

Do you think the CT, roadster and optimus will osbourne Model 3 and Y sales?

Now..what was the length of time between annoucement and deliveries when it came to the Model Y which...I don't know..may osbourne something?
Cybertruck for sure could have. Model 3 absolutely could have osborned S sales and was announced early anyway. Likewise with Model X.

Model Y took 1.5 years and engineering wise was little more than a lifted model 3. The "25k car" is supposedly also going to be the launch of a whole new platform which is a greater engineering challenge. So I sincerely don't think it will be released any time soon.

Fantastic. What a great day it is. Now two people got off the pot. I look forward to the significant decrease of negativity in the forum now.
You are being even more insufferable than ever; you now are offering others little more than showing how one can be a jerk. Instead of taking the easy way of putting you on a vacation that the rest of this community desperately deserves, I’m placing this warning on open forum: no more disparaging others and their opinions, either openly or in backhanded fashion.

You are being even more insufferable than ever; you now are offering others little more than showing how one can be a jerk. Instead of taking the easy way of putting you on a vacation that the rest of this community desperately deserves, I’m placing this warning on open forum: no more disparaging others and their opinions, either openly or in backhanded fashion.
Did you read the last few pages?

A: I’m still catching up - unapparent sometimes, but I do have a life outside TMC. It hardly matters: rudeness is rudeness where- and whenever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll meet you half way...

-Money: He's deliberately reduced prices in the face of demand in order to speed up the transition to clean vehicles. When he was listed as #1 on Forbes richest list, surpassing Bezos, he response was "Huh, interesting. OK, back to work." His biographies discuss his motivation, it wasn't money, it was solving significant problems facing humankind. He does things like tell heads of powerful companies that typically buy lots of advertising to "Go eff yourself", based on principle... there are many more examples.

Your turn...

-Humanity:______________________
Off the top of my head... In 2020 he fought his hardest to keep his factories open despite COVID. He had consistently downplayed the effects of the virus even as we were drowning in hospitals and saw more death than anyone should ever have to witness. He has been persistently posting anti-lgbt propaganda. He opened a factory in China despite their human rights abuses.

From what I can see, he only "cares" about humanity if the "help" he can provide is aligned with actions that earn him money. If helping humanity costs him money, then he'll do everything he can to downplay that issue.

Why are you here then?
Mostly to see how the diehards are taking things. Answer seems to be mass delusion

No really....get a hobby...no reason to come online and be negative.
I have plenty of hobbies. But I'm also entitled to post my opinions of this thread. I don't think only positive opinions are the only valuable ones.

But hey, I'm probably the only one in this thread that's not going to lose a ton of money to this company this year. That should help with funding my hobbies.

I have plenty of hobbies. But I'm also entitled to post my opinions of this thread. I don't think only positive opinions are the only valuable ones.

But hey, I'm probably the only one in this thread that's not going to lose a ton of money to this company this year. That should help keep funding my hobbies.
LoL, perhaps you don't realize that many people in this forum have held for the past 5-10 years are have 7 digits even if it drops another 50%. We have seen people like you come and go but have yet to hear someone making it big being bearish on Tesla. Maybe this time you're different...please show us how to be rich.

LoL, perhaps you don't realize that many people in this forum have held for the past 5-10 years are have 7 digits even if it drops another 50%. We have seen people like you come and go but have yet to hear someone making it big being bearish on Tesla.
Sure, but the bulk of those gains were until 2021. If you invested since then, you've probably lost money or stayed about even. Even giants fall.

I need to correct my earlier statement, you scored 2 of 3 so far with that Elon dig.
So first was Demand then Elon... care to complain about the 2.2M recall as well? You'd hit top score. 🤷‍♂️ Go for it!
Believe it or not, I'm not a blind antifanboy and I recognize a software recall for a few icons is pretty meaningless. Doesn't mean I think this company has a strong future or that the CEO is a good person.

You seem confused and unaware about many things and as a result fill in the blanks with having a whole host of assumptions.
If you are talking about climate change (if),
I wasn’t.
Elon's words about it have been ambivalent for quite some time now. He recently tweeted that CC is "trajectorally" solved.
Ok. So? He believes its trajectory is solved. That’s his opinion. Agree/disagree what does it matter? He’s only one man, but Tesla continues to grow and expand on its mission.
He shrugged when asked about Trump words antiEV, saying that EVs are anyway inevitable.
Yes? So? What do you want him to say about the guy who has a high probability of being the next president and who has a bug up his butt about EVs right now? You want Elon to say something and make another enemy? Shrugging and answering as he did (that it doesn’t matter what that guy thinks because we’re going EVs with or without his opinion) was absolutely perfect. But here you are criticizing Elon.

He spoke as a VIP guest at the most far-right cultural event in Italy and didn't say a word about EVs or CC.
So? He’s spoken on the topics ad naseum for over a bloody decade. Broken record/beating a dead horse. What exactly do you think he needed to say to that group of people that he hasn’t already said thousands of times?

In truth you’re just upset it wasn’t a political group you support.
He says often that CC is bad long-term but fine short-termThen, on the other hand, he pushed for a carbon tax on X a few days ago!
So? None of that is in contradiction. Define short term - exactly. A day? A week? A decade? Define long term - exactly. Six months? A century? A millennium? What exact time frame was he referencing?

I imagine he’s thinking a carbon tax (which he’s been in favor of for well over a decade), would speed up the demise of the fossil fuel industry thusly helping the planet and the climate - LENGTHENING mankind’s existence on the planet.
My take is that, currently, he thinks this is granted, so it's not a challenge anymore, so it's boring.
Your take may or may not be correct. Maybe you should ask him directly then you don’t have to make assumptions.
For people like Musk, boredom is the ultimate enemy, like it was for Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty. Boredom is the enemy for these super-hero types.
Again, that’s your take and assumption. Let’s assume you’re right and he’s bored. So, what? He’s entitled to live his life, not the life YOU want him to live. He’s not psychoanalyzing you and telling you how to move through life.
It's a paradox, but he's much better with his deeds than with his words, regarding climate change. Which is a unique situation, to be honest, with all the fake environmentalists out there, on both sides of the political spectrum (and mainly on the left).
Sir, everyone is a walking paradox.

There are people who are good at talking and people who are good at doing. There are people who admire good talkers, people who can be swayed by good talkers, people who can be outright fooled by good talkers.

There are people who are good at doing and people who admire doers.

So, what?
As much as I understand the realpolitik of going arm in arm with his right-wing friends, I disagree with him that is helpful for the mission to "downplay" short-term effects of climate change, and take EVs for granted, and such.
He doesn’t care what you think. You can disagree until you’re blue in the face, he’s going to do whatever he’s going to do.

The judgement, though, that you swing around is hypocrisy at its best. He’s done more, given more, sacrificed more, (DOING over TALKING) than you or anyone else have towards helping fight climate change, but you disagree with who he hangs out with and what he says. Bless your heart.
Tesla mission is to "accelerate" the advent of a sustainable society, so it's time-sensitive. Even more: time is the only thing that count, if long-term this is inevitable as he thinks. Long-term we are all dead, as Keynes said.
You realize there are over 100,000 people working at Tesla, and that the company is growing as fast as it can, doing as much as it can. He can’t make it go any faster and neither can you by adding to the pile on.

Yes. Long term we are dead. See above, a person focusing on political parties and leanings, criticizing someone who’s accomplished impossible tasks nobody else would even try and so on.

You are not alone. And that is why we are dead. Stop criticizing. Stop disagreeing. Stop talking. Go do.

Sure, but the bulk of those gains were until 2021. If you invested since then, you've probably lost money or stayed about even. Even giants fall.
People with cost basis here of 20 bucks or less and have invested 6 figures easy at the time. Sure there are those who bought at the peak but lose 100k from those shares get trampled over by the +2M gain from a decade ago.