Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As to "When will FSD be finished enough for Government approval?"

Long before that it will have flipped TWO switches.
1 It will feel like it should be
2 And once it actually feels like it the stock will no longer be in the clutches of the MM's because institutions will buy a legitimate stake. And once that happens the institutional control of the stock will be the elephant in the room.

Reactions: hydro
Did anyone see the post(s) from Brad Ferguson (of Rebellionaire) pointing out that Joe Justice only worked at Tesla for 2 months (!!), yet we treat him like the ultimate Tesla expert? He had an image from LinkedIn noting the 2-month tenure, and Joe even replied and confirmed he worked for 2 months, $TSLA went up 10-fold, and he retired in Hawaii.... (!).

I even typed that but deleted because whatever, but since you pointed out I completely agree

You have him working two months there, and on the few initial interviews he did long ago he spewed so much that he went to my scroll past list

Of the few I remember before he made into the list:

- Tesla has no managers, there is an AI that organizes work and you can get to work any day and decided what you want to do in a given day

- The Model 3 had 250 kW charging enabled because they figured out how to operate the robot that bends the solid conductor that links the charge port to the battery

(Like, what the hell are you on man? Are you on drugs like Ross?)

How many shares do you get in 2 months;)
C9D1765C-F9BF-475D-93EB-F1D1EC69C5D4.jpeg

You know, our Y is pretty solid in that department. Definitely feels more "jumpy" over bumps vs the 3, but no rattles. Just had them address the axle clicking noise and a pop from the rear subframe, but that's it. Now the '21 100D X I just had as a loaner is a whole nother story. I hope this thing was just beat into the ground in its short 65k mile life because it was a loaner, but it had so many squeaks, rattles, noises, floaty suspension, shaky steering, terrible brakes, etc. that it's not even funny. I think my old '15 85D S with slightly lower mileage was way more solid, unless I just got so used to the better built 3 and Y over the past two years.
I'd say beat into the ground as my 2020 with almost 50K miles is just fine.

Reactions: ShareLofty
Troy's latest X post, He is suggesting Y id demand limited, I wonder what his evidence is for this, given it's the best selling car in the world I find this rather unintuitiuve.

If Y was demand limited, you would expect inventory to grow as production in Berlin and Austin continues to ramp. There is also much of the world where the Y is not sold, including much of Asia, Middle East, Africa and Central and Southern America.

Troy's latest X post, He is suggesting Y id demand limited, I wonder what his evidence is for this, given it's the best selling car in the world I find this rather unintuitiuve.

I assume his logic is "because it was the best selling car last year, almost everyone who wanted one has bought one".

After all the BEV market is static and not growing. Just ask MSM, Ford, or GM /s

I received this from Tesla Belgium yesterday

And indeed, I look today and the inventory reductions - which were around €6000 on average - have gone

View attachment 1016829

It's the same in Norway - inventory price reductions are gone.

I don't follow pricing closely so I cannot say if there are other changes. But I do remember inventory price cuts from earlier this year when my friend bought a car. And now they are gone.

I received this from Tesla Belgium yesterday

And indeed, I look today and the inventory reductions - which were around €6000 on average - have gone

View attachment 1016829

As it happens, I looked at the Model S inventory a couple of days ago and there wasn’t a lot of inventory. Like less than 15 cars (I presume for entire Belgium). Most of them with 21” wheels. A couple of those had the 6K discount and those discounts are gone now.

It’s good to see the inventory discounts gone. I don’t think they generated more demand. Maybe just the opposite, with people waiting for larger discounts. It signals that Tesla is done lowering prices.

I don't follow pricing closely so I cannot say if there are other changes. But I do remember inventory price cuts from earlier this year when my friend bought a car. And now they are gone.

Well we'd expect that with Giga Berlin production shuttered for 2 weeks. They'll have burned thru about 10-12K in inventory so no need to discount in-stock vehicles.

I don't follow UK inventory prices, but Model Y (China-made) inventory discounts don't seem to exist except for demo vehicles. I see a few Model 3 (again, Chinese) inventory with discounts - but I suspect older version. Same for Left-Hand Drive model S & X (as far as I can tell).

This, this is my problem with Troy and why I ignore everything he has to say

He mix facts with opinions and is never clear which is which, and if call it out you get a nice block, and then there is the whole 99.999% accurate predictions, which we all know isn’t true

You can’t say stuff like that, not dive deeper and expect people to just take it, specially when data coming from Tesla suggests otherwise