Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kinda bizarre. But I'm glad those Roadsters have found a home where they will be treated well.

Maybe it will keep keep Dan off the street and out of trouble.

Not saying I believe them 100%, but Rivian says that after they shutdown and extensively retool the existing line in Q2, they are expecting to reach gross margin positive on the R1 in Q4 this year.

R2 is unveiled next week.
The R2 is a few years off. They are still leveling the ground on the factory.

Most don't believe they will be gross profit margin positive this year.

Reactions: kbM3

Im-Not-Dead-Yet-Monty-Python-560x373.jpg

Yis, as foretold by Robber-Barron's more than 3 Yeres ago:

2 Trillion Reasons Why the Apple iCar Rumors Will Never Go Away | Barron's (Dec 22, 2020)

Dec 22, 2020 · There are obvious reasons Apple would be interested in the automotive market—and it starts with a huge addressable market. Apple's sales are ..

Cheers to the Knight's Gambit!

Will this fit in the back of a Cybertruck?

Lol, tha't a clone of the 1958 BMW 600 Isetta, right down to the fridge door in front! BEV ver. will be so much nicer than a 600cc 2-stroke gasser, but still not road safe (even in the bike lane!)

BMW Isetta 600.jpg

Lol2: $169/mth to lease Microlino? When you can get a Model 3 SR+ in the U.S. for $329? I don't think so! :D

Cheers!

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Lol, tha't a clone of the 1958 BMW 600 Isetta, right down to the fridge door in front! BEV ver. will be so much nicer than a 600cc 2-stroke gasser, but still not road safe (even in the bike lane!)

View attachment 1022759

Lol2: $169/mth to lease Microlino? When you can get a Model 3 SR+ in the U.S. for $329? I don't think so! :D

Cheers!

You're just avoiding answering the question, aren't you? 🧐;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MC3OZ
The R2 is a few years off. They are still leveling the ground on the factory.

Most don't believe they will be gross profit margin positive this year.
Even if the retooling is enough to significantly extend their runway I'd expect it to be positive for the stock. If they can reduce losses to a point where cash on hand will last (e.g.) 5 years instead of the c.2 years at the current burn rate it buys Rivian a lot of time to get better.

Reactions: Thekiwi
Not saying I believe them 100%, but Rivian says that after they shutdown and extensively retool the existing line in Q2, they are expecting to reach gross margin positive on the R1 in Q4 this year.

R2 is unveiled next week.
I know another car company with advanced sensor suite paired with AI that makes more cars every year on a year over year basis, but gets hammered in the market and basically level valuation over several years, despite increasing number of factories and increasing deliveries and cash flow positive. I know the reason why, this car company/technology company is not making a PowerPoint presentation. If they just made PowerPoint presentation instead of cars, they might be much more profitable, at least on the valuation side.

2.73 G's if it's even accel on those specs. Likely more at first, call it 3Gs off the line. 👀

Ideas off top of my head...
- Generates it's own combustible fuel, and when the dash light comes on and with pedal fully depressed, say the word "Engage".
- Charges a giant tootsie roll Super Cap, and boosts the voltage to 1,200 Vp that delivers a bolt of lightening.
- A torque rod that winds up to be released for double the HP.

2.73 G's if it's even accel on those specs. Likely more at first, call it 3Gs off the line. 👀

Ideas off top of my head...
- Generates it's own combustible fuel, and when the dash light comes on and with pedal fully depressed, say the word "Engage".
- Charges a giant tootsie roll Super Cap, and boosts the voltage to 1,200 Vp that delivers a bolt of lightening.
- A torque rod that winds up to be released for double the HP.
Top Fuel dragster does like 0,6 to 60mph. With special tires and basically glue on the asphalt. Assuming he means < 1 on normal legal roads, they have to create a lot of downforce at standstill. Compressed air blowing through a diffusor pushing the car down and forward? Someone do the math.
{\displaystyle F=-C_{L}{\frac {1}{2}}\rho v^{2}A}

Top Fuel dragster does like 0,6 to 60mph. With special tires and basically glue on the asphalt. Assuming he means < 1 on normal legal roads, they have to create a lot of downforce at standstill. Compressed air blowing through a diffusor pushing the car down and forward? Someone do the math.
{\displaystyle F=-C_{L}{\frac {1}{2}}\rho v^{2}A}
My assumption was that the cold thrusters would be directed backwards to do this rather than upwards. We know that they need to be directed downwards to "fly". I think it is likely that they will be directed outwards for cornering.

My assumption was that the cold thrusters would be directed backwards to do this rather than upwards. We know that they need to be directed downwards to "fly". I think it is likely that they will be directed outwards for cornering.

Yeah, not legally on public roads, at least in the USA. The SpaceX collab. could also be in materials science, not just propulsion. 4 plaid motors are already capable of 2,000 hp (Tesla Semi w. 3 can be custom-configured for each customer w. up to 1,500 hp).

Assuming that maintaining traction limits front wheel power to half of the each rear wheel, that's 1,500 hp to the ground. This 0-60 mph calculator says a car w. 1,500 hp will go 0-60 mph in less than a second if it weighs 2,150 lbs. So it's either they've given up the 600 mi range and gone to a light weight battery pack, or its some form of traction aide (aerodynamic, or reaction-mass).

If traction ISN'T the limiting factor, and all 2,000 hp can be used, then the car could weigh up to 2,900 lbs. A more reasonable 4,000 lb car would need 2,755 hp which means what, 6 motors?! WTF, nutty combos from here on up. Superconductors? I'm boggled at this point...

So either the battery is lighter, or the only obvious remaining solution:

...ALIEN ANTI-GRAVITY TECHNOLOGY.

Cheers to the Crazy Ones!

P.S. This 1/4 Mile ET-MPH-HP Calculator says a 2,900 lb car with 2,000 hp can do this:

Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 2900 pounds andHP of 2000​
is 6.59 seconds and MPH of 204.98 MPH.​

I just hope they give it enough bty pack capacity to do a full lap of the Nürburgring. :D

Last edited:

View attachment 1022759

Cheers!
Lol When I got a microcar 20 years ago, they joked at work if I forgot to loosen the safety belt it would still be attached to my back when I hurriedly got inside to my desk.