Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't Elon talked about the hard time they had setting up the power supply for the former and the latest generation of GPU's? He praised NIDIA for their support during this phase. Imagine an installation company that just assembles cabinets according to the provided specification of the components. Later you have software engineers who blame the constant faults of the hardware. To understand hard- and software down to chipdesign and assembler code level is key for an efficient use of this combination. Or just another example of TESLA's huge advantage compared to other companies.

It’s probably one of the reasons why Tesla built Dojo.

I thought I´d share a bit of local good news: In 2023, wind power overtook coal in Germany as the dominating power source, contributing 31% of total electricity production! Total renewables were at 56%.

“We are gonna remove all rare earth magnets from our motors on our cheaper vehicle”

“Gonna add them back somewhere else tho”

Yeah I know, the amount is tiny compared to a motor, but I thought this was funny

Don't have to be rare earth. Just have to be good enough to secure the trim. You know Tesla will use whatever's cheapest.

A contract, whether written or verbal or handshake is a contract. But I’d wager it was in writing. After all the shenanigans Elon has been subjected to, I’d think he learned to get it in writing especially something this important to him. Neither here nor there, there’s a lawsuit now. Maybe Elon gets back his 100m plus extra?
Well turns out there was nothing in writing. The open ai release of emails today were pretty interesting reading and seem to show a significant contradictions between EM recent statements and his advice to the open ai board in 2017 and 18. I guess I was not keeping up with the saga as I did not realize that EM had tried to become the CEO of open ai back then and had told open ai to raise billions to compete with google.

After reading a couple of the responses to the quotes, I scrolled back up to see who was posting. Once I saw it was @Gigapress there was no doubt in my mind that he was just having some fun.

It was almost like he might have been channeling @ZeApelido and it was quite the entertaining read for me. 🤣

Granted, the /S might have been helpful for anyone who didn't know for sure.

I could sense he was joking, the rest of you have Aspergers.

Yeesh, the entire stock market is green in the premarket except for one stock. Don't guess.
this is how AAPL, GOOG etc investors must have felt like when TSLA was popping in 2019-2020 ... ;)

just one observation .. the big mouth/aggressive short sellers -- Citron, Hindenberg etc are MIA, so FOMO has no momentum killers ... so looks like bigger bubbles before the pop ;)

Reading for a climate-activism project, I stumbled on this chart from The renewable spring by IRENA.
(link)
1709817649677.png

From the text (bold is mine):
Irruption. The spring of the new technology, where the market share moves beyond the 1% level and up to around 5% penetration. This is the period when the new technology becomes cost-competitive and starts to grow rapidly. It is a period of fast growth and fast innovation.
Frenzy. The summer of the new technology where the market share moves from 5% to around 25%. This is a period of fast diffusion, where financial capital drives the build-up of new infrastructure. Because capital moves faster than new options are created, this period tends to end in bubbles.
Synergy. At the end of the period of frenzy there is some event which catalyses a collapse of the financial bubble. This is followed by a turning point when the required regulatory changes are made to facilitate the further expansion of the new technology. This is the period when the full flourishing of the technology occurs. Perhaps best characterised as the autumn of the new technology, where the market share moves from 25% to 75%.
Maturity. Eventually the new technology reaches maturity and is disrupted in turn as the cycle begins again. This is, of course, the winter of the technology.

--

I'm convinced that we are in the phase where we are ending "Summer" and approaching "Autumn", and are already seeing some effects of the crash. Of course, this is not a clear cut model, and Norway maybe already in "Winter" while other nations are still in "Spring", but, overall, I think we are seeing some cracks in the "optimism" that followed the first phase of capital flooding the green economy.

Pioneers and early adopters did get their EVs and solar panels, so now a new more tough audience needs to be convinced. We has COVID then a rebound, but then supply chain issues and Ukraine war and high energy prices and now high rates and high inflation.
People are now actively pushing against electrification. Companies made their compliance cars, but now that are actively trying to transition they see how difficult it is. The cut their production targets, EVs startups bleed money, and petrolheads (and petrodollars) are cheering.
We're seeing vested interested becoming more and more aggressive every day via FUD or other ways.

On the other hand, there's no stopping regulations that took years to take place, transitioning energy generation and storage and clean transport. There is no stopping wind and solar, or China. At this point, there is no stopping Tesla... but there is surely is hurting Tesla.

Hmmmmm……..I got up this morning and checked my usual news feeds. Seem to be about half trying to associate Elon with Trump. The other half saying the Model2 will make Tesla the largest automaker in the world. Has somebody big stepped in on the other side of this play? Just a doofus here so I don’t know, but have hopes.
How much range will Model 2 have? If less than 230, it is very similar to Nissan Leaf. The only advantage will be that it can charge at TESLA network. I doubt Model 2 will be able to push TESLA to the largest automaker.

How much range will Model 2 have? If less than 230, it is very similar to Nissan Leaf. The only advantage will be that it can charge at TESLA network. I doubt Model 2 will be able to push TESLA to the largest automaker.
The advantage of Model 2 will be low cost, superior software, and autonomy.

Even without autonomy, nobody will be able to match it.