Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don't know what short seller's fascination with Tsla is when if you know just a little bit about the EV scene, there are so many better shorts you would make an absolute KILLING. Like there's a 100% chance some of these companies will go under, not even 99%. Yet they would die on this Tsla hill due to their hate for the brand and Elon....
Might have something to do with Tesla acquiring Solar City which made all the bankruptcy focused short positions in SC suddenly in jeopardy...
... at least initially...

This may explain the decision-making process that took place @2am 🙃

View attachment 1032029
Your intent is transparent. Feel free to take it to the appropriate thread, where I’d be happy to explain how I’d implement the new directive, since some here seem as incapable as the employee who wasn’t smart enough to realize a two FSD vehicle owner doesn’t apply to the new directive. 🙄

Elon’s instructions said to download and install an activate on the customer’s car before handing it over (not a demo car) 👀

View attachment 1032017
I didn't see anything in those instructions to disable FSD when complete. 🤷‍♂️ Could be sneaky to let them use it for a month for free.

It only takes about a week to get used to not steering, then it becomes a hazard when removed. This happened to me on that Y rental in Fla. Nearly rear-ended several cars. About a day w/o and I was back to the old way finally.

I didn't see anything in those instructions to disable FSD when complete. 🤷‍♂️ Could be sneaky to let them use it for a month for free.

It only takes about a week to get used to not steering, then it becomes a hazard when removed. This happened to me on that Y rental in Fla. Nearly rear-ended several cars. About a day w/o and I was back to the old way finally.
It doesn't sound like the e-mail was real. Just my opinion...it can take 100 miles to calibrate cameras, minimum of 20. That's not feasible.

A solution would be to open to new foreign markets to soak up the production. When Gen 3 debuts that should also solve production capacity issues.

To think that at one time there was talk of a 2nd China factory.
At one time Model Y was exported from China to Canada.

I have heard different things, but one claim was Model Y is no longer being exported from Shanghai to Canada due to the Shanghai build having the refreshed interior, which is not yet in cars from Fremont and Austin.

I am also wondering about exports from Shanghai to Europe...

We also need to factor in that Berlin and Austin Model Y production Q1 2024 should higher than Q1 2023. Shipping cars on the same continent is probably the most efficient.

No issues shipping Model 3 from China to Canada or Europe.

I think they are trying to open up new markets for Model Y exports out of Shanghai, but there is probably a limit on how fast that can be done.

It is still very likely that Tesla will make a Gen3 car in China.

Q1 is the most challenging quarter and the Chinese economy is going though some choppy waters at present. But long term Model Y from China probably has to be exported to destinations other than Europe and North America.

It doesn't sound like the e-mail was real. Just my opinion...it can take 100 miles to calibrate cameras, minimum of 20. That's not feasible.
I saw the post on X. I doubt it would still be posted if faked, unless he's still sleeping.
Whole Mars, you made me look bad. Anything for a click I guess...

Last edited:
The figure is nearly 50k last year? Despite the entirely non functioning FSD
It's been functional for road trips and freeways for at least four years, and for the last couple it's usable in many urban surface road situations. These days my urban street FSD use is around 60% of urban driving--and I'm not in California.

Last edited:
Reactions: SO16 and SOULPEDL
I saw the post on X. I doubt it would still be posted if faked, unless he's still sleeping.
You saw his response to Whole Mars "I assume you're joking".

If it's real, it will need to be a demo car or they will need to calibrate the cameras in some way with out driving, but more than likely it's not.

There's a ton of fake stuff on X.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Not if they use specific FSD demo cars. It would be part of the pick up process, which is great. I feel like Tesla should be educating people about their autonomous features years ago. Elon most likely found that even with the 3 months of free FSD, most people are not enabling it and thought their AP is FSD.
That's easy to explain. FSD is scary the first few weeks you use it because you're no longer in control and it doesn't drive the you (or I) would. So they activate it once and never again. Only those who have put some money on the table will get past the first few weeks.

I'm pretty sure they can calibrate the cameras at the Service Centre without driving. When they replaced the windshield, they said it would have to stay overnight because the cameras needed to be calibrated (and the adhesive needs to set first).

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
That's easy to explain. FSD is scary the first few weeks you use it because you're no longer in control and it doesn't drive the you (or I) would. So they activate it once and never again. Only those who have put some money on the table will get past the first few weeks.
We are talking about hundreds of thousands of people getting a Tesla now who knows very little about the car. "I just found out the car has Karaoke and it was so much fun!" was a recent comment I heard. So yeah expecting these people to even know they had a FSD subscription included, turn it on, okay to the disclaimer, and use it is a tall order. Many are like "my Hyundai drives itself just like a Tesla" so they really think AP is the self driving software Tesla is talking about.

If you ever go on FB software group, you'll find many confused people. I just recently helped a "my subscription expired and my car no longer change lanes on hwys, should I call the service center?" There's a reason why Tesla doesn't score very high in "reliability" from JDpowers because they get bombarded with stupid a%% questions daily. So yes please have the delivery person teach new buyers how to use the programs!

I'm pretty sure they can calibrate the cameras at the Service Centre without driving. When they replaced the windshield, they said it would have to stay overnight because the cameras needed to be calibrated (and the adhesive needs to set first).

There are 2 kinds of calibration. Physical and software. When I had my windshield replaced they calibrated physically, but said the software calibration should be fine and if I see issues, just redo that portion myself.

A new car needs the software calibration and Elon recognizes it can take too long.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
You saw his response to Whole Mars "I assume you're joking".

If it's real, it will need to be a demo car or they will need to calibrate the cameras in some way with out driving, but more than likely it's not.

There's a ton of fake stuff on X.
I completely took EM remarks differently - how ridiculous it was to force an FSD demo ride on someone that already owns it on 2 vehicles.

Whole Mars was talking in the first person, so why just making this up? I do believe this happened to Whole Mars, but maybe it was a dumb idea and Tesla cancelled the strategy for the reasons you stated, OR it was an overly excited salesperson who decided to blow people away (more likely).

Tough case... Your Honor, I need an extension? (I heard that sometimes it works, other times not so much 🤣 🍎)

I completely took EM remarks differently - how ridiculous it was to force an FSD demo ride on someone that already owns it on 2 vehicles.

Whole Mars was talking in the first person, so why just making this up? I do believe this happened to Whole Mars, but maybe it was a dumb idea and Tesla cancelled the strategy for the reasons you stated, OR it was an overly excited salesperson who decided to blow people away (more likely).

Tough case... Your Honor, I need an extension? (I heard that sometimes it works, other times not so much 🤣 🍎)
No. Whole Mars said it wasn't a real story...just a joke.