Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This appears to be from an internal Tesla company memo, not a government directive. Aside from promoting safety, it may be designed to encourage the purchase of FSD.

"Tesla Must Give Driver-Assist Demonstration With Every U.S. Sale; New Requirement Will Slow Delivery Process, Musk Says In Memo; Full Self-Driving, Other Features Have Generated Controversy" - Bloomberg News

3:35 pm ET March 25, 2024 (Benzinga)
Tesla Must Give Driver-Assist Demonstration With Every US Sale

Tesla Inc. staff are now required to install and demonstrate the company's driver-assistance technology before handing cars over to buyers in North America, a "hard requirement" that Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk says will slow deliveries.

Musk instructed employees to perform a "short test ride" with customers to show the system Tesla markets as Full Self-Driving, according to an internal memo seen by Bloomberg News. Workers will also have to perform checks on any vehicles returned from service.

Elon is out of touch.

The ultimate April Fools joke. Tesla owners get in their cars, FSD is enabled (and calibrated behind the scenes), ready for trial.
A legal screen pops up requiring they acknowledge:

"I prefer to have control of my own vehicle, even though the increased risk is estimated to be approximately X times more dangerous than FSD."
<Drive Myself> <Live Longer>​
Maybe that's what V12.3.1 was about. I ruined it didn't I? :oops:

Alll US cars capable of FSD to get one month free trial

This is a much better idea than complicating the delivery process.

Anyone who hasn't budgeted for FSD before delivery is unlikely to buy it on the spot.

After a one month free trial they can decide if they want to buy it, That is plenty of time to make the decision, and they will probably show family and friends how well it works.

This "all cars V12" wording certainly is rubbing me the wrong way. After all, I purchased a "Feature Complete, just waiting for regulatory approval" FSD over seven years ago and it still has not been graced with V12. You - if you're an old-timer - should remember: we would be able to drive hands-free coast to coast by the end of 2017.....

This "all cars V12" wording certainly is rubbing me the wrong way. After all, I purchased a "Feature Complete, just waiting for regulatory approval" FSD over seven years ago and it still has not been graced with V12. You - if you're an old-timer - should remember: we would be able to drive hands-free coast to coast by the end of 2017.....
Unless they put v12 in a 2024 package, it's not happening.

They could, but 12.3.1 just started rolling out and they still haven't fixed the speed issue. I think the car not allowing you to go the speed limit most of the time should be fixed before they roll it out to everyone.

Unless they put v12 in a 2024 package, it's not happening.

They could, but 12.3.1 just started rolling out and they still haven't fixed the speed issue. I think the car not allowing you to go the speed limit most of the time should be fixed before they roll it out to everyone.
Looks like 12.3.2 will merge into the 2024 package. And I bet the .2 is just for this purpose vs .1 rolling out now.

Kinda feels like musk is freaking out about how bad deliveries are going to be and he’s trying to play mis direction
Getting FSD take rate up now that V12 is legit FSD for most people is the right thing to do for Tesla shareholders regardless the timing. Q1's underwhelming delivery is a small blip in Tesla's valuation history just like Q1 2019 deliveries no one is crying about today.

Looks like 12.3.2 will merge into the 2024 package. And I bet the .2 is just for this purpose vs .1 rolling out now.

Hopefully 12.3.2 can do what 12.3.1 didn't. It's especially bad if FSD thinks the speed limit is slow from bad reading or map data like 25 in a 55...you set it to 55, but v12 wants to go under the limit at 23-24 mph. The only options are to force the speed with the pedal or disengage.

Hopefully 12.3.2 can do what 12.3.1 didn't. It's especially bad if FSD thinks the speed limit is slow from bad reading or map data like 25 in a 55...you set it to 55, but v12 wants to go under the limit at 23-24 mph. The only options are to force the speed with the pedal or disengage.
I haven't had any speed issues myself personalty. If anything I think sometimes the car punches too hard off the line especially when there's an intersection ahead needs stopping or slowing. I haven't had any too close to the curb or not lane keeping correctly issues either.

I haven't had any speed issues myself personalty. If anything I think sometimes the car punches too hard off the line especially when there's an intersection ahead needs stopping or slowing. I haven't had any too close to the curb or not lane keeping correctly issues either.
The going under the speed limit issue is pretty widely reported. Elon even acknowledged it quoting Whole Mars.

Reactions: Nathan
From March 17th:

It was suggested earlier to drop the FSD prices. Yes, but I think we wait a bit to make sure our existing drivers flesh out any kinks. Use this expertise! Then on April 1st, and before earnings, and with Reverse and Actually Smart Summon in place (notice the timing in "2 weeks"), make it free on a 30 day trial and rake it in May and June $.

It's time to throw out the net and pull in some fish so I can win my little bet sooner than later!
That "little bet" is still on. We did not reach 160, and I still don't think we will before 180,
I'm guessing as much as you, but get this...

How many people are going to be able to test FSD shortly? Two Million vehicles is what I'm told are total Tesla's sold in USA (Chat). Minus early models and people that already have it, there could be as many as 1.5M new users. Now consider families and friends, closer to 5M see it. I'm assuming only a current 15% take rate - all ballpark.

Does that change things? We'll know soon enough. Exciting time to be alive people!!!

The going under the speed limit issue is pretty widely reported. Elon even acknowledged it quoting Whole Mars.
Let me rephrase this. I haven't personally found many instances the car going under the speed limit a problem. It goes above the speed limit when the roads are clear, but goes under when the situation calls for it like in my neighborhood in which I feel the speed limit is set too high. The speed limit seems to be dynamic now according to the surrounding. Other people may not like this and just want to go 30 in my neighborhood where I find 21to 22 to be the most considerate.