Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon rounded up all of the investors on Investor Day 2019 and told them this is exactly what he was going to do.

5 years later, and many improvements towards this plan, and they're shocked.

He also said 1m robotaxis on the road in 2020, so...you may want to up your sodium intake on the "Elon says" stuff.

So this is exactly what I was thinking probably happened. All good lies are based on a kernel of truth.

Elon is making the right move here. Tesla needs to get robotaxis on the road as soon as possible. Apparently, there was a meeting where Elon made that clear. That means focusing the company on robotaxi.

But it does not mean killing the $25,000 car as was reported.

Again, Elon is making the right move. Tesla robotaxi is coming a lot sooner than many of you think it is.

Sawyer wrote "Maybe Elon and the team have been so impressed with how good FSD 12 has performed and were maybe thinking they should be shifting even more resources to the Robotaxi/FSD effort.

This doesn't mean the $25k car is canceled. Again, they share the same platform."

I guess I don't understand what "resources" he means here...

If it's the same platform and RT just deletes driver controls-- what "shifting resources" do you need there? Like- a dude to design a blank dash piece?

On the compute side there's no resources just working on a manual-driven car that'd be useful to 'shift' there.

And it's not shifting money- since Tesla has mountains of extra cash sitting around.

And it's not like Tesla has been shy putting resources into FSD development (see the massive Nvidia spend plus the Dojo project).

@phantasms @FlyNavy01

So what's your excuse for choking on the Elon hate and getting suckered into another Reuters lie? Maybe this stock is too much for your to handle, you might find life more relaxing without it.
See my previous post darling. I sold the vast majority of my shares near the highs because it was clear as day we were in a bubble [and still are]. Since then I’ve been writing aggressive calls with the remainder of my shares and pocketing wild profits with my more rational and level headed friends in the other thread. Also, I don’t hate Elon. He’s good at heart but he’s clearly sick and needs help. Enjoy your P&L!

PS…amusing that as I was writing this I got a call to schedule my CT delivery. Woohoo!

Not just lower cost, people around the world want a smaller Tesla.
Not according to what I’ve been reading here, particularly over the last few days. It’s been a lot of straight up and suggestive talk that Tesla is at the least in big trouble or even done like dinner.

So in this LONG TERM INVESTOR thread, there’s clearly been a lot of people, many the usual suspects, virtually signaling at worst, that the LT investors should sell.

I’ve always questioned their ‘hey, I’m just honestly discussing possible struggles, yadda, yadda, yadda’ because they NEVER return to say they were wrong or ever present solutions or positive events.

I of course, agree with you. And based on over a decade of historical Tesla data, the usual suspects will be wrong again.

What you said is not at all confirmed. The low cost car and robotaxi will both be made is what Sawyer said.

Elon is just winking and *sugar* now but not clarifying Sawyers conjecture, so who knows what the heck is going on.

Could be true, might not be. Gen3 might be RT only with no steering wheel and pedals, or it might be a dual platform to make both a compact consumer EV and an RT concurrently like we thought. Who the F*** knows, guess us HOLD'ers will just have to hold on and wait to see what happens.

Its the ambiguity and uncertainty which bothers me. How hard is it to just clarify the situation with a little straight communication?

Question as your post seems contradictory to me. You sold a few months ago because close to retirement - understood, self explanatory. But now just a few months later you’re looking to reinvest some back into the market.

Have you unretired?
Did you over sell and now realize you don’t need so much cash on hand?
Or you simply no longer wanted to hold TSLA for whatever reason?
Some or all of the above?
Have I unretired? Still fully employed
Did you over sell and now realize you don’t need so much cash on hand? Cashed in some chips since TSLA was a large % of my overall portfolio.
Or you simply no longer wanted to hold TSLA for whatever reason? Still hold about 85% of my overall TSLA investment. Didn't want an unanticipated black swan to hit my 401k holdings too much.
Some or all of the above? Yes, explained above.

Fidelity started sending me periodic e-mail 's warning that having too much of my portfolio in a single stock could be problematic. I basically ignored these and the phone calls they started bugging me with providing the same advice. They never warned me about that in 2020 when TSLA went 5x. I think SpaceX could become as large as TSLA, or even larger, unless the bad guys decide that the US shouldn't have the ability to control a world wide communication network, and all that entails.

P.S. I just checked DXYZ and it appears that my pre-market investment is off to a decent start. 🤣
Gonna refrain from checking this more than once a week to avoid the whiplash it might cause...

You cut off the bottom of Sawyer's tweet that Elon reacted to:

1712333614943.png

Then possibly no steering wheel and pedals on the consumer car?
There will always be some way to manually control the car. Almost every automated system needs manual overrides. But it might be something similar to a video game controller.

However, I think there will indeed be steering wheel and pedals on the first version of the consumer car. But not on the first version of the robotaxi.

Elon is just winking and *sugar* now but not clarifying Sawyers conjecture, so who knows what the heck is going on.

Could be true, might not be. Gen3 might be RT only with no steering wheel and pedals, or it might be a dual platform to make both a compact consumer EV and an RT concurrently like we thought. Who the F*** knows, guess us HOLD'ers will just have to hold on and wait to see what happens.

Its the ambiguity and uncertainty which bothers me. How hard is it to just clarify the situation with a little straight communication?
Regardless, what they said about the Gen 3 car not being sold to the public was not confirmed. In fact, Sawyer's point that was quoted speaks to the opposite.

Reactions: Mengy