Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is bad, this is really bad...

[snip]

The question is: How long might it take to ensure this behavior occurs very very veeeery infrequently? As we all know, FSD just has to be much better than humans, and many-a-human has gone the wrong way down one ways, roadways, highways, and traffic circles.

Sadly, I am no longer gruntled (that didn't take very long). I anxiously await V12.4...
No, the real question is, did you hit voice feedback after the "what happened" prompt, assuming your MX has the option, as not all S/X do, depending on age.

An ever so sarcastic and unjustified by any logic but still irresistible correction:
No government actually "gets their money for taxpayers". Those governments themselves creat the money coin it, print it, multiply it as they choose. Taxpayers don't do that, it's just a way of making them have fewer goods and services so the governments can have more fo them. Today, there is zero backing for the US Government other than the government itself. Within living memory of some, like my 99 year-old mother-in-law, it was not that way. The US$ then was backed by silver and a US dollar was a 'silver certificate'. Still valid g'gold certificates' continue to exist. Richard Nixon finally nixed backing...and nobody much noticed!
(I'm sorry about this. It's Friday night so my mind wanders. (FWIW I was in graduate school the day he did that, in a seminar with an exceptional Gentleman named Scott E Pardee of FOMC fame, one of the most memorable experiences in my life.)
Thanks for triggering internal anger. 😡 You’re such a pal.

Quick thought, this will further erode the value prop of the Foundation Series CT, going to see some unhappy people there that already didnt like they were "paying" more than the locked in $7k FDS price for early res holders.
🙄

Everyone is well aware they’re paying for the privilege of being at the head of the line. So stop it.

FYI, I’m VERY impatiently waiting for my truck and this is how much I care about the new FSD monthly subscription rate:

*blinks*. What are we talking about?

🙄

Everyone is well aware they’re paying for the privilege of being at the head of the line. So stop it.

FYI, I’m VERY impatiently waiting for my truck and this is how much I care about the new FSD monthly subscription rate:

*blinks*. What are we talking about?
You and me both. But we know how people work. There is also nothing stopping Tesla from raising prices to $400mo tomorrow either.

Reactions: wtlloyd and capster
Weekend OT re: safety tech. ever heard of SawStop?

The have the tech to massively reduce injuries from table saw injuries that was patented. Lately then opened up parts of the tech to competitors so that everyone could make a safer saw. Even offered to license or help other manufacturers incorporate it.

Response by competitors: they don’t want to see safety tech mandated (cause they probably don’t know how and don’t want to pay to learn it)

Sound familiar?

You and me both. But we know how people work. There is also nothing stopping Tesla from raising prices to $400mo tomorrow either.
It doesn’t matter what the drama white noise queens say. Literally people have been complaining monthly subscription too high, make it lower = more subscribers = WS loves it = higher SP. So now it’s lower and you immediately have to go looking for a reason for someone, anyone, to be upset about it.

I know exactly how people are. Don’t feed them.

Again it is the price of a subscription, not purchase price. Subscriptions weren't available until over a year after that tweet,

Not discounting for not present value, the subscription price is 120 months of the purchase price of FSD.

You're being a bit pedantic here. Perhaps the purchase price will come down or perhaps this is the time when Tesla tries to convert everyone to a recurring payment (monthly) rather than a one time purchase.

Weekend OT re: safety tech. ever heard of SawStop?

The have the tech to massively reduce injuries from table saw injuries that was patented. Lately then opened up parts of the tech to competitors so that everyone could make a safer saw. Even offered to license or help other manufacturers incorporate it.

Response by competitors: they don’t want to see safety tech mandated (cause they probably don’t know how and don’t want to pay to learn it)

Sound familiar?
What is the national rate for table saw injuries!? Like are people submerging them in bathtubs, like toasters?

On a serious note: didn’t know they existed and will now consider one of their products since The Mountain is in need of one. Thanks.

Welp, time to modify my order I am picking up Monday to remove FSD... no point in paying $12k for FSD that now has a 10yr ROI. Interesting change as you would think upfront cash would be better than sub revenue, but I guess they are hoping for a greater uptake, which well could be the case.

Personally, I hope Tesla keeps an FSD purchase option, at least for personal (not business/robotaxi) use.

It would also be nice if Tesla applied a real value to the FSD purchase when a used car comes back to them. The rumors I hear now say that if you trade-in a Tesla with purchased FSD to Tesla, they put approximately zero value on FSD since they can just enable or disable it on your car before reselling it. As a customer, that feels rather lousy. Either assigning a dollar figure, or a discount toward FSD on a new car, would be great from my perspective as a customer. I don't think the "Free FSD transfer" can go on forever...but a discount seems like a good balance.

It would be even better if there was some benefit of the purchase over the subscription cost. For example, if FSD sells for $12K and a subscription is $99/month...then maybe they value purchased FSD on a returned vehicle at something like $12K minus $90/month until it reaches zero. Personally, I prefer a reasonable "purchase up front" option, but also don't want to be punished for it.

I happen to be one of those folks who hates subscriptions and/or monthly payments, and prefers to pay up front when possible. I fully understand that many financially savvy people who have the up-front money would invest it wisely, make the monthly payments instead, and come out ahead at the end. The "weight" of a monthly payment, combined with some finite risk that the corresponding investment might implode, just doesn't happen to sit well in my brain.

This is bad, this is really bad...

FSD V12.3.3 on MYP has been nailing this traffic circle day after day. I have done it dozens of times in the last couple weeks from all different approaches to all different exits.

So I figured, I should take MXLR with V12.3.4 to give it a whirl. First time around, it was even smoother than V12.3.3 and I was quite excited.

Then, on my next approach into the circle (coming from the left on the image I posted) the unthinkable happened; the LEFT TURN SIGNAL came on as the MX awaited a clear entry. A few cars passed and when the coast was clear from the left, it began to enter the circle in a CLOCKWISE fashion - the WRONG WAY!!! I intervened with much Chagrin! Get it? I was on Chagrin Blvd...nevermind...anyhoo...

Now, my route planner had me going to that "bp" entrance off the circle in the upper left corner of the image, so undoubtedly, it thought it could just take a quick shortcut in and out of the circle instead of traversing 330 degrees of the entire circle. In my younger days, before my prefrontal cortex was fully developed, I may have impatiently attempted the same if the coast was clear.

I have no doubt Tesla will relentlessly feed Dojo traffic circle tokens in order to avoid this type of behavior in future versions.

The question is: How long might it take to ensure this behavior occurs very very veeeery infrequently? As we all know, FSD just has to be much better than humans, and many-a-human has gone the wrong way down one ways, roadways, highways, and traffic circles.

Sadly, I am no longer gruntled (that didn't take very long). I anxiously await V12.4...
I thought about this some more. Given that there is an entrance to the PB from the road you were on, before the traffic circle, why, after seeing the car was route planning either around the circle, wrong way or not, would you even have let it go past said entrance? Makes no sense.

circle.jpg