Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anywhere any info/thread about FSD vs Safety Score? Curious to see if 100% use FSD how it'd relate to Safety Score. Thanks.
That is a very interesting thought... the Tesla Insurance payment for my wife and I might fall by $100 or more if we start using FSD for $99/month. IOW it would be cheaper to pay for and use FSD than to not use it.

Today Tesla be sayin ...

I'm just getting warmed up.gif

and the party continues after hours...

I saw that interview with Ron. I think its safe to say that by "now, now!" he means in the very near future.

RT is revealed on 8/8/24, goes into production late 2025, first road use at small scale likely in early 2026, maybe very late 2025 in very small quantitites.

So "now" is probably a relative term, but its certainly starting up "soon" given FSD v12 progress this past month.
I think it means picking up TSLA at the then current SP of $160 would be brilliant in future hindsight....

This might have been posted already, but to good to not quote Ron Baron here 🤩

Q: What´s the reason it [TSLA] is going to go up and when?
Ron: Oh, it´s going to go up huge..
Q: When?
Ron: Now. Now is the bottom.
Q: Ok..

He makes it sounds like "stupid question when, now is the bottom so it can only go up!" 😂

Skip to 8:29 for the quote:

Just for fun, let's hop in our time machine and go back a month. "Hi, Future TMC here. You will soon see people jumping for joy at $170". Just to see the look on their faces (and the fights that break out).
Crazy isn't it?, and to think just 3 days ago I was feeling pretty despondent after the month we've had and thinking it could go either way after earnings and we might even end up back closer to $100!

This is along the same lines as my thinking yesterday. Today is a new day, so time for a new theory :)

IMHO Tesla will build multiple new models starting in early 2025:
  1. Early 2025 - "off-road" variant of Model Y. Little/no sheet metal changes, mostly lift kit and plastic cladding. Costs more than Y.
  2. Late 2025 - "SUV" variant of Model Y with boxier back half/vertical 5th door and maybe non-joke 3rd row option. Costs more than Y.
  3. Early 2025 - "Model C", a small CUV with completely new sheet metal. Built in Shanghai only.
  4. Never (j/k) - Robopod aka Cybercab revealed on 8/8, to be built in Austin.
This helps address product breadth issues worldwide and brings a small BEV to 95% of potential small BEV buyers (i.e. not the US). They may pay lip service to bringing Model C to the US via the Mexico factory or something, but don't hold your breath. I further speculate Model C comes from a joint development deal with a Chinese OEM who is already fairly far along.

With all due respect, I don´t follow you here. Your points one and two dont change the product breadth, why do we need 3 versions of the Y and even bigger ones than currently? Agree with three and four.

Different view probably comes from different taste in cars a bit..

Reactions: ShareLofty
Weeell Doggies!
Nice day, up 5% @ $170.18, 124M shares traded.
Unexpected and welcome.
Have to say, I don't know how to enjoy this feeling any more, there have been so many days when I was just "conditioned to endure the fall." I must have forgotten what it felt like on the way up to $414.50 ($6218 on the old scale where I first bought in 2013 at $38) because it sure feels like Tesla has only ever gotten hate from the media and Wall Street, and the two have always gotten their way. Of course that can't be true, I enjoyed plenty of super TSLA-climbs... just can't remember the feeling any more. I endured the dreadful fall down towards February 2016 which is what we now call the Speigel Bottom. I endured the dreadful fall down towards June 2019 when Tesla was "losing $4,000 on every car it was making" according to the bears. I've so far endured this two-and-a-half-year fall (even though it has seen ups and downs the likes of which would make a trader glow with pride)... and at some point there is going to be a turning point and we will embark on a serious climb. Could it be this point? TSLA is up 24% from its low on Monday morning. What has changed?

Firstly, we now know the smaller car, more affordable, easier to drive in those places around the world less spacious than the USA, and either manually driveable or autonomous... is only months away; end of the year if everything goes well.

Secondly, existing Tesla cars have self-driving software that shows it is really, really working and very close to being finished.

Those two items are finally tangible for Wall Street, and IMO they are getting out of the way. There was a super-climb in 2013 while Tesla was first making a profit. Then another super-climb following the tumble associated with vehicle fires (which only reversed when Elon opened his truth-telling mouth at the original Gigafactory announcement). Then a super-climb up anticipating the reveal and first deliveries of the Model 3, and finally the mega-climb from June 2019.

I feel like we are about to see another super-climb. Despite the depressed financial climate preventing a lot of people from affording cars, I think TSLA is still going to rise based on the completion of FSD and anticipation of new vehicles.