Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has nobody really posted this????

Like... holy cow. Is that not an admission that we are about to see FSD beta in China AND Europe? Certainly this year.
Thats incredible news, both for owners and for investors. I stand by my belief that this not only increases subscription revenue, but vehicle sales. Even if you cant afford FSD now, why would you lock yourself out of a potential upgrade by being any other brand?
Of course @DarkandStormy laughs at this. Praytell, what's so funny to the mind of a permacynic?

Reactions: cliff harris
And you were saying?

Tesla may be the 98 lb. weakling on that beach today, getting a face full of sand kicked at them.

4531752344_f28463ef59_b.jpg

Anyone else notice a resemblance between Charles Atlas' shape and the Tesla "T"? šŸ¤”

Tesla will remember who was picking on them and kicking sand at the beach. šŸ’Ŗ:cool:

There's already over 34 cents per share on the books for 2024 due to energy revenue accrued in 2023:

"The margins are even higher! There is a very long tail ($3.8b!) in reserves that will be recognized in future years from Performance Obligations ($1b in the next 12 months alone).

From the 10Q:
"We have elected the practical expedient to omit disclosure of the amount of the transaction price allocated to remaining performance obligations for energy generation and storage sales with an original expected contract length of one year or less and the amount that we have the right to invoice when that amount corresponds directly with the value of the performance to date. As of December 31, 2023, total transaction price allocated to performance obligations that were unsatisfied or partially unsatisfied for contracts with an original expected length of more than one year was $3.43 billion. Of this amount, we expect to recognize $1.05 billion in the next 12 months and the rest over the remaining performance obligation period."

I missed this part of The Accountant's post the first go around: "Tesla has a Megapack backlog exceeding 1 yr year, perhaps longer.Backlog so long, $TSLA shut down on-line order page on the Megapack."

Quasi-Infinite demand confirmed!

Tesla may be the 98 lb. weakling on that beach today, getting a face full of sand kicked at them.

4531752344_f28463ef59_b.jpg

Anyone else notice a resemblance between Charles Atlas' shape and the Tesla "T"? šŸ¤”

Tesla will remember who was picking on them and kicking sand at the beach. šŸ’Ŗ:cool:

I always find these startup/Tesla small/weak comments idiotic/simply wrong. Elon Musk is one of the richest people in the world (3rd), Tesla is worth nearly more than every other car maker combined. Take Toyota out and it's bigger than everyone else combined probably. So insecure to have to constantly post meaningless things. If Tesla makes it, you/Elon/TSLA holders will do well in and of itself.

The stock drops a few bucks today and you/they think they are a 98lb weakling? I don't know what you're smoking, but I'd like some.

...your theory is he got fired for accurately describing the current state of ADAS regulation in the EU on twitter?
I was just kind of making light of the situation. In seriousness, I see that there are obvious hurdles to be surmounted. I think the "Definitely NOT this year in Europe" would be more accurately stated as "Probably (or potentially) NOT this year in Europe."

Thing is...after 1.4 BILLION miles driven on FSD while supervised there have been ZERO deaths. A bunch of those miles were drive on old versions of FSD, which admittedly drove like a drunken 16 year old in the beginning, and STILL no one died! This statistic becomes increasingly difficult for regulators to ignore as more lifesaving miles are logged and FSD blows past human capability. The longer regulators wait to allow this life-saving technology, the more people die. We don't want people to die, do we?

Last edited:
I always find these startup/Tesla small/weak comments idiotic/simply wrong. Elon Musk is one of the richest people in the world (3rd), Tesla is worth nearly more than every other car maker combined. Take Toyota out and it's bigger than everyone else combined probably. So insecure to have to constantly post meaningless things. If Tesla makes it, you/Elon/TSLA holders will do well in and of itself.

The stock drops a few bucks today and you/they think they are a 98lb weakling? I don't know what you're smoking, but I'd like some.
It's called "Hopium" and it's delicious.

Like is FSD really that hard compared to this:

1714161566117.png

Because Elon Musk has been focused on building a rocket factory to do this and it sounds like its progressing well, then is scaling up Tesla to the next growth phase as difficult? more? less?

I believe you have forgotten who Elon's opponents are. The oil industry makes billions of dollars every single day and spends some of it on maintaining the status quo. Then there's the dealer network who also supports politicians. Compared to them Elon's companies really are the 98 pound weaklings.