Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UK have done something wonderful...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New pricing post Government premature rug removal!

1617959530379.png

It does seem expensive.. for a few extra KW power output, a stick on spoiler and some uncomfortable wheels.

Not sure how I justified it to myself to be honest. 🤣
Cos it's the best of the best of the best!

I did the same. Drive past an LR and think "pah you might have 99.7% of my performance but I've got a pointless spoiler and track mode"

My smugness soon ends though when I hit a pothole and my wheel explodes and my spine cracks....

Thanks for posting this price update. I ordered a M3 SR+ a few weeks ago, and just got an estimated delivery date today of 10th-25th May.

I called Tesla up to see if they would retrospectively apply the discount to my order, but they are apparently unable to do that?!

Instead I've cancelled my order losing my £100 deposit, and replaced my order with the £2.5k discount. I'm back of the queue, but have saved £2.4k. Slightly annoyed that they wouldn't just amend my order, but happy that I've saved the cash!

Once again it just shows that the grant is being used to line the pockets of the suppliers as many other manufacturers have reduced their prices accordingly.

The gap between SR+ and LR is now larger.
I suppose they should just sell stuff at a fixed markup rate according to you?

I lived in CCCP, it wasnt as nice as you think. Getting a can of coke was illegal - you had to use $, and owning foreign currency was illegal - There was one shop, for expats that sold this in Moscow. But all prices were regulated in such a way. Ungerground ride ticket in Moscow was 2 kopeika (like 2p) (in 1980s). Everything was cheap, but you can't get anything made outside unless you broke the law and there wasnt enough stuff to go around for everyone. Fun times. Some people want it back.

So yeah, free market. Pros you get what you pay for, Cons you get "ripped off". Take your choise.

By the way local cars sucked too - if you could get one that is.

When McDonalnds opened there were 2 hour lines to get it... Same with Pizza Hut.

Supply and demand.... But I suppose its ok to be bitter about it. Just remember to not go too far to the other side, tovarish ;)

Thanks for posting this price update. I ordered a M3 SR+ a few weeks ago, and just got an estimated delivery date today of 10th-25th May.

I called Tesla up to see if they would retrospectively apply the discount to my order, but they are apparently unable to do that?!

Instead I've cancelled my order losing my £100 deposit, and replaced my order with the £2.5k discount. I'm back of the queue, but have saved £2.4k. Slightly annoyed that they wouldn't just amend my order, but happy that I've saved the cash!

I would have held out for another week or so. I say this because Tesla do have a track record of passing on price reductions. It may well be that they haven't yet communicated their pricing policy updates even within their own staff. It happened to me without me having to contact them about my order back in 2019. Still, you've made sure you get a worthwhile reduction on your original order price.

Reactions: MrBadger
Once again it just shows that the grant is being used to line the pockets of the suppliers as many other manufacturers have reduced their prices accordingly.

I sort of agree but the grant has achieved its aim of promoting the sales of EVs. Tesla is in the unique position of being the only volume "EV only" manufacturer but the legacy manufacturers still need some persuading to make the transition. For those legacy auto makers that transition is going to be so disruptive and expensive I doubt that there's really much lining of pockets ... I would suggest it's more a case of reducing their losses. There's a fascinating in-depth podcast interview on Fullycharged Plus
stick with it ... it's a long one ... but gives some insights into the scary challenges ahead.