TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Tesla urged to brief Senate committee on fatal Autopilot crash

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Chopr147, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Chopr147

Chopr147 Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Wantagh, NY
    While on the surface this does not appear too bad but..............................
    Years ago I was one to champion our gov't and to a point trusted they were doing what was best for the country. I know, I know but I am an optimist :) Like I said that was years ago. I am older now and have seen too much to put ANY faith in the US gov't to do what is best for the rest of us.

Senator John Thune (R-SD), who chairs the Commerce Committee, sent a letter to Elon Musk Thursday, requesting the Tesla CEO brief his committee on the company’s response to the crash.
    Without getting into the Repub./Dem. angle I am suspicious this may turn into a witch hunt with the big automakers paying in the background. What do you think? Am I just cynical and paranoid now in my old age ? (52) :)
  2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

May 10, 2012
    Timonium, Maryland
    The US Senate in its current form cannot be trusted with anything let alone matters of this kind. You can count on it being a witch hunt, with lies presented as facts, and totally ass backwards thinking. It would not benefit Tesla or Elon one bit to appear. No doubt the lobbyists for the fossil fuel and big auto manufactures want to make Tesla looks as bad as they can and who have they bought and paid to do this for them? The US Senate. Regrettably, it's become a corrupt organization.
    • Like x 2
  3. X Yes?

X Yes? Member

May 5, 2016
    San Diego
    You're probably right. They turned the GM hearing into a circus/witch hunt.
  4. brkaus

brkaus Member

Jul 8, 2014