Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Tesla has leased more server capacity I think we all need to take a chill pill. Even all of us with FSD and Advanced checked it could likely easily be a week or more. Tesla has never rolled out updates in mass, very quickly and with more cars on the road everyday.....well......
I remember the Xmas update as a mass rollout over about 19 hours?

I got V10 last night. Really cool so far. Smart summon was failing at home, but I think it's because I was on the edge of my wifi coverage and the car couldn't decide to switch to cell services. I haven't been able to test it at work, but it at least turns on.

Surely if you're desperate for watching a movie, you'd pick up your phone and share a Wifi with your car? I don't see the problem.
That's my plan. I'm sure I'll use it often while waiting for the kids to finish up after school activities etc. I've been sitting in cars watching TV etc. on my phone for years now. Can't wait to use the big screen.

When I had the Model S I looked the instrument cluster screen a LOT more than I now look at the Model 3 center screen. it was right within the line of sight. With the 3 I've tried to train myself to look at it for the blind/side spot monitoring before changing lanes, but so far I've been unsuccessful. Too much muscle memory with that one.

For the most part I think the visualizations are just a work in progress where they slowly add things, and fix things until it's ready for >L2 driving......
I couldn't have said it better. Thinking the same thing. In my MX, I look at the screen for maybe a second or two as I am thinking of changing lanes, but I look at it only after using my rubber neck to look around. I use it as an additional input of information in case I missed something by looking around (since there is no mirror blind spot monitoring like on my other car). After all it is right in front of me on the dash. Not sure how I would use it on the model 3.

Smart summon was failing at home, but I think it's because I was on the edge of my wifi coverage and the car couldn't decide to switch to cell services.

Well maybe, but I don't think that is the reason. Whether the car starts driving by summon or by you being in the car, it immediately switches to cellular as soon as the car comes out of park and won't try to connect to WiFi for that purpose.

Well maybe, but I don't think that is the reason. Whether the car starts driving by summon or by you being in the car, it immediately switches to cellular as soon as the car comes out of park and won't try to connect to WiFi for that purpose.
Hmm, good to know. Not sure what the issue was then. Dumb summon was working fine, and smart summon worked great after I got to work. Maybe some data caching or calibration had to happen.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Interestingly there appears to be many still updating at 10.1 vs the newer 10.2 but maybe this is attributed to previously downloaded updates just now installing. I've also never noticed the Model 3 Standard Range Dual Motor listed on TeslaFi, I thought that didn't exist?

Last edited:
You must not have ever had summon before. Its still beta - just like FSD is not yet fully FSD.

You can't yet summon your car from anywhere just yet.

Summon requires you to be "within range" of the car to activate.

I summon'd this morning just to clarify.
It clearly uses your phone’s GPS to establish if you’re in range or not. I’ve used enhanced summon for several months now and in some areas, my location jumps all over the place because my GPS is marginal in those areas.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Status
Not open for further replies.