Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Share your craziest idea to increase your chance of getting V10!

Exorcism ? Praying the update gods? Sacrifice of an ICE car ?

While updates are what makes Tesla unique, the deployment process is infuriating. So many questions I could answer myself, and so many questions others have I could answer if only I could get the update... Imagine if iOS release would be done in the way way...

Share your craziest idea to increase your chance of getting V10!

I guarantee that if you can get 100 of your best friends to do this with you for 15 minutes, you will get V10.
heads-in-sand-close-up.jpg

no need for range extender. You can see when your car is flagged to get the update and it will tell you to connect to wifi. The toggle that you have a pending update download will happen over cellular.
This is important for people to understand. Your car will inform you that the update is available as long as it is connected to either LTE or WiFi. It's just that you have to connect to WiFi to actually get the update.

Reactions: PoitNarf and SigNC
This is important for people to understand. Your car will inform you that the update is available as long as it is connected to either LTE or WiFi. It's just that you have to connect to WiFi to actually get the update.

This actually depends on the FW version on your vehicle. The "download available" symbol in the status bar was only added in 2019.32.2. With 2019.12+ you need to manually check in the software menu to see whether an update is available. And prior to 2019.12, you have no clue whether your VIN was flagged for update! But hopefully everyone is on 2019.12+ at this point...

I'm on 2019.27.103 a couple days ago I got the message that the update was available please connect to wifi. I don't have wifi so i wasn't able to. Today I changed my phone plan to include mobile hotspot. I used the hotspot and now the option to update is gone. The car is telling me that it is up to date on 2019.27.103.

Is the option to update going to come back or am I going to have to go to a service center.

I'm on 2019.27.103 a couple days ago I got the message that the update was available please connect to wifi. I don't have wifi so i wasn't able to. Today I changed my phone plan to include mobile hotspot. I used the hotspot and now the option to update is gone. The car is telling me that it is up to date on 2019.27.103.

Is the option to update going to come back or am I going to have to go to a service center.

It should come back. They just switched from 32.11 to 32.11.1, so you probably lost it then. Once the folks with 32.11 get updated, they should offer you 32.11.1.

Reactions: cOoTeR
That’s really interesting. We’ve speculated full resolution neural networks might be part of this update.

Was the AP2.5 car MCU2, though? I think MCU1 will get a smaller download, too.

I believe it has been observed that update size can differ based upon what version you are updating from. I'm not 100% sure of this however.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and MP3Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.