Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that Tesla is not taking any chances with a newly trained NN. In the US, they've taught the car what every feature of a parking lot looks like. In other countries, parking lot objects could look very different.

My guess is Europe has decided to cripple Tesla to allow other car makers to catch up:
- too low speeds in bends
- no automatic lane change
- no smartsummon beyond 5 meters
Tesla should not sell FSD in Europe, it won’t be able to deliver.

• Informative
Reactions: Woek and pilotSteve
I think I will be saying years down the road, "I remember where I was when I first heard that Tesla v10 was released."
Tesla is so much more than the best car I've ever owned!
Tried Smart Summon for first time in a Marina in Michigan. A guy nearby looked up from his phone laughing and said, "I've gotta tell you that was really wierd." A woman then said to him, "So I really saw what I just saw?" His reply, "Yep."

• Love
Reactions: DopeGhoti
If this is true, then why didn't the release notes for this update say that?
New firmware release notes do not include every detail about new features, they describe them in a general way. Also, the onboard user manual is not always kept completely up to date and may not describe every detail of every feature.

Yes, Tesla is imperfect in this regard. But don’t assume that just because some aspect of a new feature is not mentioned in the release notes or the manual that means that aspect does not exist.

Yes. Just got it.

And certainly no offense meant to the volunteer moderators, which includes me.

Every day TMC sees hundreds of new posts and threads. It is simply impossible to evaluate every new thread and move it to the most appropriate forum. All the moderators have actual lives that do not involved staring at the TMC forums 24 hours a day.

If every thread started in a main forum like this one is moved to a subforum like User Interface, within minutes someone would start a new V10 thread in the main forum because they didn’t see a thread about it and never looked in the User Interface forum or did a search. It would be like playing Whack-a-Mole.

If you would like to volunteer as a TMC moderator please contact one of the TMC admins such as @danny.
Personally, I’m not a fan of the structure where we have a main Model 3 forum and five sub-forums. It means I have six places to visit to find out what’s going on instead of just one. It doesn’t keep me from hanging out here, though!

Reactions: nvx1977
I didn’t think there were any Model 3s with MCU1 - I thought MCU2 was largely bringing the Model 3 MCU over to the S/X, with changes like the second screen and larger display of course.

Here is a tweet from Elon saying that the first Model 3s were delivered July 8, 2017:

upload_2019-9-30_12-35-12.png

If I remember correctly, MCU2 started being delivered around March of 2018.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
Here is a tweet from Elon saying that the first Model 3s were delivered July 8, 2017:

View attachment 461034

If I remember correctly, MCU2 started being delivered around March of 2018.

On the S and X, sure. S and X also got their version of the motor that’s been in every model 3 ever built just a few months ago in the Raven update.

Everything I’ve read on the 3 has always said it has an Intel based MCU - never read anything about a 3 with an NVidia Tegra based system.

Reactions: MP3Mike
On the S and X, sure. S and X also got their version of the motor that’s been in every model 3 ever built just a few months ago in the Raven update.

Everything I’ve read on the 3 has always said it has an Intel based MCU - never read anything about a 3 with an NVidia Tegra based system.

The graphic below shows that 7 Model 3s that installed V10, as of 9/28/19, have AP2. I would assume that they also have MCU1.

upload_2019-9-30_12-45-41.png

Status
Not open for further replies.