Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Tesla and they checked out why I didn’t get v10. They said there was an error and they need to issue an upload to correct the issue before I can install v10. They escalated this to the software team and said to look for the new download later tonight or tomorrow. Just FYI

I don’t believe anything their support says at this point as it relates to software updates. I have heard 4 completely different stories myself and seen countless more on these forums. I would just as much believe they have a magic rock they rub in order to get your car to update as the story they told you. It’s nothing against the agents themselves, some very nice people but you never hear the same story twice as it relates to software updates.

I’m not sure but when I was waiting to get the V10 upgrade, I turned OFF advanced upgrades, waited about 20 minutes, came back and turned it BACK on and writhing about five minutes the upgrade was showing up. Could have just been quite a coincidence, but could also be something.

i just did this while driving and it worked. I turned off then right back on and the green arrow showed up top

I’m not sure but when I was waiting to get the V10 upgrade, I turned OFF advanced upgrades, waited about 20 minutes, came back and turned it BACK on and writhing about five minutes the upgrade was showing up. Could have just been quite a coincidence, but could also be something.
It worked for me too. I turned it off, then rebooted and then turned it on, an hour later I got notification that I have an update.

you were writhing waiting for it?
Counter to this, I had mine on standard. Started to feel FOMO switched to advanced for a day then decided “nah” and switched back to standard. It still didn’t come for like another 5 days.

I was away this morning away from my house and with no WiFi connected, when I arrived home I usually turn off the A/C and the Dashcam and lights if they are still on. I noticed a new yellowish Download icon on top of the screen so I tapped it and it took me to the Software screen, it was already downloading 1/2 way and also show what new version I am downloading. This was all happening on LTE. So I turned on my WiFi to get it to download faster, it took about 3 minutes after before the download line started to move. Must of been something important for it to start downloading in LTE mode.

Fred

Reactions: Pommie
I got mine today.
It was a bit interesting as I already had Spotify - but now have Spötify. Instead of offering to sign me into my account (which I don’t have), it offers to sign me into ‘12’.

One improvement this brings is that the Ride the Lightning podcast is now in Spötify; it wasn’t previously. I was having to Bluetooth it from my phone.

When trying out Netflix, it seems that after the trial, I would have to pay the usual subscription. Therefore I signed into my Netflix account (which I do have) and I seemed to get all the same rubbish as my partner watches on our TV’s Netflix. Other Tesla owners in NZ have commented that they get US-market Netflix. I guess they’re all on trial.

Cuphead actually made me feel sick, I think the crackling sound and vintage video effects have been overdone. Wonder if anyone else faces that first-world problem? :D Plus, Cuphead’s a bit slow to start, which was a problem because I had to exit to turn the windscreen wipers off (they suddenly started wiping repeatedly at medium speed on a dry screen, sitting in the garage) and I had to exit a second time to turn down the heating after it ramped up.

YouTube worked perfectly, most impressive with the dark interface.

I’m not sure about the claims for Album Artwork over Bluetooth (only in iOS13) because I already seemed to have that?

Looking forward to driving tomorrow and seeing the new, smoother visuals.

Cheers
-Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommie
Status
Not open for further replies.