Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several times it looks like it downloads an update, but never prompts me to install the update and there is no update downloading the next time I check... No failure displayed either. Have wifi connected, have toggled advanced setting on and off, have reset the car with scroll wheels, turned car off in menu and turned back on later, etc... Emailed support but no response. Not sure what to try next or what the issue may be.

upload_2019-10-15_11-52-44.png

Several times it looks like it downloads an update, but never prompts me to install the update and there is no update downloading the next time I check... No failure displayed either. Have wifi connected, have toggled advanced setting on and off, have reset the car with scroll wheels, turned car off in menu and turned back on later, etc... Emailed support but no response. Not sure what to try next or what the issue may be.

View attachment 466361
Looks like you are in the latest version. Could be Map data downloading?

View attachment 466361

I had the same issue as you. I called Tesla support (just google it and it will give you a phone number) and explained my download failed. If your car is under WiFi, they can see the failure and they escalated it to the software team. The software team then fixes it for you and you should get it the next day. This is how i fixed the issue you are having and I called Tesla yesterday about it. Good luck.

So did I. It wasn’t worth the wait. spotify is slowwwww and glitchy.
Also cant add tracks to playlists.
Easier just to use the phone with Spotify in “car mode”. hopefully it’ll improve.
Remember how sentry was at first? Six months later it’s way better. Same should be true for Spotify. Just needs more time. It’s in Tesla Dna to release before ready for prime time.

C3F147D5-8007-4F00-85BD-0A0553FD6AA9.jpeg
I got a new update is available message in the car app (software page), two weeks ago, it looks like the download progress bar is green indicating a partial download of around one or two percent. It could be the small green spot on the download bar is actually a glitch. I’ve tried connecting to several strong WiFi locations, but no luck so far. My home WiFi is plenty strong but has been ignored by the apps download new updates task. I’ll wait a few more weeks before I start worrying that my vehicle is unable to get the 10.0 update. I’ve been able to get all of the previous updates without any problems, so I’m thinking (hoping) that it’s a planned slow roll out by Tesla.

Attachments

• 9EFD628C-5C3E-4219-BBDB-837F0E174037.jpeg
    9EFD628C-5C3E-4219-BBDB-837F0E174037.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 45
I had the same issue as you. I called Tesla support (just google it and it will give you a phone number) and explained my download failed. If your car is under WiFi, they can see the failure and they escalated it to the software team. The software team then fixes it for you and you should get it the next day. This is how i fixed the issue you are having and I called Tesla yesterday about it. Good luck.
Thanks, I sent the screen shot to service, they re-pushed the update, and it installed without issue.

View attachment 466643 I got a new update is available message in the car app (software page), two weeks ago, it looks like the download progress bar is green indicating a partial download of around one or two percent. It could be the small green spot on the download bar is actually a glitch. I’ve tried connecting to several strong WiFi locations, but no luck so far. My home WiFi is plenty strong but has been ignored by the apps download new updates task. I’ll wait a few more weeks before I start worrying that my vehicle is unable to get the 10.0 update. I’ve been able to get all of the previous updates without any problems, so I’m thinking (hoping) that it’s a planned slow roll out by Tesla.

Your download is stuck. You need to call Tesla service and have them cancel your current download and re-issue another one.

I have learned that one thing that causes this is when WIFI is interrupted during a download. Some people use WIFI from their phones that have a weak cellular signal. Sure the car sees a strong WIFI signal, however the cell signal drops and the car's download gets stuck.

Same happening to me wrt to seeing it download and nothing happens. Infact it gets hung up at the end and then just disappears.

i dropped in visit to the service center and was told that i have a fw upgrade bug(32.2.2) and they will eventually fix it.

Guess i just have to wait. Any other soln?

View attachment 466361

Same happening to me wrt to seeing it download and nothing happens. Infact it gets hung up at the end and then just disappears.

i dropped in visit to the service center and was told that i have a fw upgrade bug(32.2.2) and they will eventually fix it.

Guess i just have to wait. Any other soln?

I had the same and I called Tesla and the customer service rep contacted the software team. He stated I should get a new download the next day. True to his word, the download appeared in the morning and it worked. I would call Tesla when the car is under WiFi. They can see real time what is happening with the status of the car when its in WiFi.

I got my update from 32.2.2 after going through email, chat, and then scheduling a service appointment. Unfortunately the update only took me to 32.2.4, so I'm still in the waiting for v10 club! Hopefully I'm on the path back to normal now, otherwise I'll keep my service appointment for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.