Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got our Model 3 2 weeks ago. When should we get the update
Based on anecdotal comments, it seems like Tesla likes to keep new cars on their original firmware for a while (at least a few weeks) before releasing updates. I was on a version that was several months old when I got my car and it was about 4-6 weeks before I got my first update.

That's not an absolute - just read it more than once.

i think v10 is way under rated. i absolutely love the streaming music with sr+ and smart summon worked great for me at the busch gardens parking lot.... even if it’s a bit limited.... the visualizations are a lot better too.... double line vs single vs dashed recognition for example.

i’m excited.

Based on anecdotal comments, it seems like Tesla likes to keep new cars on their original firmware for a while (at least a few weeks) before releasing updates. I was on a version that was several months old when I got my car and it was about 4-6 weeks before I got my first update.

My new M3 was updated on its first evening at home and V10 was soon after the same time as ever other M3. That blows that theory out of the water.

Both my cars (see below) got an update the same day I took delivery. Another piece of the pie.

received car yesterday at 10am
ver 9
got home around 8pm and hooked up to wifi
says software up to date
today still no update
guess I'll try giving cust service a shot to see if they can push update to me
Took delivery on Tuesday and contacted CS yesterday online regarding V10. Basically they told me my VIN was not on the current batch of V10 roll out and there's no way to push an update to my car so I'll have to wait. Haven't tried scheduling a service for software update. YMMV

Took delivery on Tuesday and contacted CS yesterday online regarding V10. Basically they told me my VIN was not on the current batch of V10 roll out and there's no way to push an update to my car so I'll have to wait. Haven't tried scheduling a service for software update. YMMV

Yeap, I just talked to them via chat, pretty much said same thing: I'm not in the batch :( and she can't push the update to me, and basically I just have to wait

Yeap, I just talked to them via chat, pretty much said same thing: I'm not in the batch :( and she can't push the update to me, and basically I just have to wait
Do you two of you have Advance set in Software Update? If you want it as quick as possible I would set Advanced. Some feel that it does not make a difference (and I was one of them) but I have changed my mind with my more frequent updates.

Ok, here’s my experience, which is still ongoing:

Set up a service appt because I had no alerts for downloading V10 despite being connected to Wi-Fi most of the day. Then I got the idea to call Tesla service. Down side: waiting about 45 mins on hold. Up side: the guy who answered was very polite, professional, and instantly knew based on my caller ID who I was and all my car info. He could see connectivity and immediately was concerned that the car hadn’t downloaded an update since early Aug.

So he said he could not push an update. That is done by the local service center. So he created a ticket for them to do so and said it should show up in 2-3 business days. This was about 8 days before my service appt. No update ever came so I went to my appt this morning at 8:45. Again, the workers were polite and professional. They got me a loaner Model S in about 15 mins.

Take it for what it’s worth, the service tech said there’s an issue with HW 3.0 vehicles being unable to download V10 over the air due to ‘security concerns’. They have to side load the update. I told him that I was informed by a chat technician that I’m on HW 2.5 and he seemed surprised at that.

So I JUST got the notice that the car was ready for pickup. Total time: 8 hours. Won’t be able to make it back in time so I can pick it up tomorrow morning.

Bottom line, while Tesla service seems to be inconsistent with their explanations for some things, my experience has *so far* been positive based on their genuine concern and professionalism.

received car yesterday at 10am
ver 9
got home around 8pm and hooked up to wifi
says software up to date
today still no update
guess I'll try giving cust service a shot to see if they can push update to me

Exactly same situation, took delivery yesterday and car was on wi-fi all night last night. Still no software update prompt on the app, maybe we'll go directly to the newest one rolling out soon...

It would be better not to bother contacting Tesla to get a faster update. They always roll out the software over over time and don’t just release to the whole fleet. When people constantly contact them, it just adds more burden to the service org for no reason whatsoever.

That being said, if you really haven’t received an update in quite awhile or your updates fail to install then by all means make a service appointment. Our X had an issue and they had to reformat the SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.