Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I am in self-powered mode and dumped at 4kW with a small drop here and there only.
Yes, Tesla's VPP seems to still be functional for most people enrolled. But on this thread history there's now at least 3 or 4 members stating that VPP has stopped working for them. I originally suspected old Powerwall/Gateway firmware to be a clue, but it seems that's not the case. Unclear what the commonality is for all of us VPP participants that no longer are having our batteries correctly discharge to grid.

Reactions: charlesj
Yes, it does disqualify you. I contacted Enel to cancel and cash out my Juice Points last year, but it was not disconnected as a demand response service from my PG&E account. There is some third party involved that manages these demand response connections. If you want more information, I can point you to the specific page on the PG&E web site that indicates whether your account has a demand response program attached.
Which specific page on the PG&E website indicates whether my account has a demand response program attached?

Which specific page on the PG&E website indicates whether my account has a demand response program attached?
On the PG&E website, start in the header bars: Residential -> Your Account -> Share My Data Program
Then click the yellow Sign In button. Then you get a page with the header Share My Data. Click the link Complete List. This brings up a window "View Existing Authorizations".

Before the Enel JuiceNet program was removed from my account, it appeared there.

• Informative
Reactions: jhn_
On the PG&E website, start in the header bars: Residential -> Your Account -> Share My Data Program
Then click the yellow Sign In button. Then you get a page with the header Share My Data. Click the link Complete List. This brings up a window "View Existing Authorizations".

Before the Enel JuiceNet program was removed from my account, it appeared there.
Thanks. That worked perfectly. I was just checking to see if Enel X was still listed since my juicepoints stopped accruing, but this is not the first time this has happened. When it happened before, all came back at once after a while, but this time it occurred right after I had solar panels installed and I just wanted to make sure Enel X was not dropped or replaced. I will probably see the points come in soon then. Thanks again.

I am in SD&E territory, and just got an invite on the Tesla App for VPP.

I've been doing OhmConnect, since the VPP wasn't available. I'm assuming that my application to Tesla VPP will push me out of OhmConnect (perfectly fine with that), correct?

Also, anyone know the typical timeframe from application to VPP to admission?
SDG&E here also. I applied about 2 weeks ago and got rejected today. "Your system and energy usage does not meet the requirements to enroll. Contact SDG&E to determine the reason."

I don't plan on calling.

SDG&E here also. I applied about 2 weeks ago and got rejected today. "Your system and energy usage does not meet the requirements to enroll. Contact SDG&E to determine the reason."

I don't plan on calling.

Fortunately for you, I did call. Actually spoke with someone helpful on the first try (amazing, as that never happens with SDG&E). The problem you report is all a byproduct of how SDG&E does account numbers and BS on their end.

Look at your bill, the FIRST 12 digits are your account number (including leading zeros). That LAST digit that is after a space, it's for internal purposes and is NOT part of the account number.

Second - make sure your name and phone number match EXACTLY to what you submit to Tesla with what is on your SDG&E account.

Third - cancel any other "demand" program before you apply. Ohmconnect, the one with NEST, etc. Those will flag you for rejection as well.

I've re-applied as of today per the above information. We will see how things turn out.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: jhn_ and BGbreeder
Fortunately for you, I did call. Actually spoke with someone helpful on the first try (amazing, as that never happens with SDG&E). The problem you report is all a byproduct of how SDG&E does account numbers and BS on their end.

Look at your bill, the FIRST 12 digits are your account number (including leading zeros). That LAST digit that is after a space, it's for internal purposes and is NOT part of the account number.

Second - make sure your name and phone number match EXACTLY to what you submit to Tesla with what is on your SDG&E account.

Third - cancel any other "demand" program before you apply. Ohmconnect, the one with NEST, etc. Those will flag you for rejection as well.

I've re-applied as of today per the above information. We will see how things turn out.
Ah yes, I recall having issues with the account number. I dropped another 0 at the front and kept the last digit after the space. That was probably the issue. Odd they cannot account for this.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone have any idea when the checks get mailed for 2023 calendar VPP events? Is there any way to get the data from your contribution? Or you only get the check / $ amount?
Last year, I think the checks came about February - there was just a dollar amount. If you don't have grid export enabled you can look at the Powerwall data for the year and click on Grid, then the Exported section should have a Powerwall listing, which would reflect the vpp events.

With that data you can calculate an actual $/kWh exported (not the reported $/kWh avoided grid use which is an average of Powerwall usage during the time period of the event in prior weeks and they only pay you for grid export in excess of the amount that you normally use from the Powerwall for your house? )

• Helpful
Reactions: BGbreeder
I just noticed it’s possible to set a different Powerwall reserve for normal operation and VPP operation. Has it been this way for awhile and I just missed it?

Bruce.

IMG_3077.jpeg

I just noticed it’s possible to set a different Powerwall reserve for normal operation and VPP operation. Has it been this way for awhile and I just missed it?

Bruce.

View attachment 1014988
That only appeared on mine recently, maybe today. My app version is 4.28.2-2157. Version history says that was released 4 weeks ago, and 4.29.5 came out yesterday. Perhaps this new setting was added through some setting the servers give to the app, who knows.

Bruce.

View attachment 1014988
Finally!

When I went to adjust mine, I noticed there is a complimentary version in the VPP -> Settings section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240203-205139.png
    Screenshot_20240203-205139.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: