Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website - used inventory - gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice message @solidpro I sent a similar message - I need a car as have a discounted charger installed so will be chased for car evidence soon enough as I used the invoice as proof but was made aware of the next steps. I explained this to Tesla yesterday and got a reply today - they still have NO IDEA when they will have the invoicing issue fixed but expect a week after that to do deliveries/collections. I'm off on holiday tomorrow so will make a final decision when I am back but looking seriously at private sales. I requested that the issue especially the risk re rebate on charger is escalated as that is real money I will lose (above the car depreciation etc). Wanted a Tesla supplied car for the reason you state and actually it was a better price than private or garage sales for the same/similar spec so despite no supercharger I was pretty happy with it. I just don't get the fact that they can't work around this problem with a temp solution to it - they just don't care. Will respond to them with a deadline with similar wording to yourself.

Hi, any update on this. I have also been waiting since December for a MSP100D used car and have paid a deposit. No reply to emails recently. My own car is being sold and I am going to lose the grant for charger if I don't get things sorted soon.

Well...I was really intersted in getting a used car direct but this thread and previous ones of the same ilk have surprised and disappointed, what a poor way to run a compnay. Going to stay with diesel instead (first post but so disappointed had to comment !) for a couple of years until EV market matures, would worry that once the likes of VW get up and running it's going to hit Tesla hard unless they get their act together.

• Disagree
Reactions: culverwood
Hi, yes they have fixed the invoicing issue and will reach out to all who have placed orders

Got it in writing and confirmed on phone with UK delivery team yesterday and today

Been waiting for delivery of P90DL since beginning of December

Well they tell me that the problem is resolved but they still haven't sorted my car out MS P100D ordered at about the same time as you. They don't reply to emails and I have not bombarded them. I have just asked if I should be completing the process online or, since I gave them all the information by email, is it going to be processed by them. They last told me to wait for a call from the SC once the delivery to my chosen destination is complete but they have not told me how long that is expected to be. I am wondering why my car is nnot sitting there already since they took this information by email over a month ago! Not the best service but this forum has kept me informed as to what to expect.

Well they tell me that the problem is resolved but they still haven't sorted my car out MS P100D ordered at about the same time as you. They don't reply to emails and I have not bombarded them. I have just asked if I should be completing the process online or, since I gave them all the information by email, is it going to be processed by them. They last told me to wait for a call from the SC once the delivery to my chosen destination is complete but they have not told me how long that is expected to be. I am wondering why my car is nnot sitting there already since they took this information by email over a month ago! Not the best service but this forum has kept me informed as to what to expect.

Let's hope this will sort itself out soon :)

Seems a tiny bit ridiculous to wait for 6 weeks for an invoice at this day and age, but what can you do :rolleyes:

The last I heard from my sales rep was that there had been no new developments so I figured they're still struggling with the invoices.

I've just joined this Club so I can join the club of those still waiting for news :(

Made my order for a used Model S on Dec 1st. Still waiting. No updates since first week of January. Similar to @pmagowan I noticed I could now complete all details online. Chased my rep to see if I should do this despite having confirmed everything by email in December. No reply.

Other weird thing I noticed is that over these 2 months, the car I purchased was depreciating in value when I viewed it in my Tesla account. Last week it was down approx £2k. Today I login and it's back to where it was when I purchased. I actually thought it was making sense and at least I'd end up paying less as it depreciates. No idea what to think now.

The irony is that if at the beginning of December I was told that there were problems and I'd likely not get delivery until March say, I'd actually be happier than I feel now as someone who is just wondering what on earth is happening. It's the hope that kills you! The hope that each day you may actually get an email or a phone call with some inkling of news or even acknowledgement that you've contacted them.

I know what you mean. Despite my email yesterday saying they would get it sorted that day I have nothing yet. Because I am going to have to fly over I have my life on hold. I keep my diary as clear as possible so that when I get the call I will be able to go and collect ASAP. I appreciate they have had a problem with invoicing and, as they say, s*** happens but it is all a bit odd. I am not sure if anyone is getting any compensation for the delay as the cars certainly would have devalued and there is also a cost to waiting. I just hope something happens soon as it is getting a bit embarrassing.

As I type I'm in my way to collect my model S (Heathrow) so things are moving, guess they are working through their backlog.

I tried to get some compensation for the delay - got something but does not reflect the depreciation, hassle, christmas hire car etc so not happy about that but will keep pushing for more from them!

Good luck to rest of you waiting

Well, I have finally got a date this weekend to pick my model S up from Manchester but it was only after I phoned the Manchester SC as they seemed to have stalled my transaction on the app with it saying they are completing the contract. I'm just happy to be getting it at last. I didn't think a used car would take this long! I was hoping to have it for Christmas.

Reactions: RichOB
Well I am now sitting in my Model S at the ferry in Holyhead hoping this storm doesn’t leave me stranded! The SC in Manchester was great. I turned up 2 hours early and they got the car on the supercharger to top up for my journey, put the route in for me and showed me all the ins and outs. I have booked a charge on the ferry so should arrive on the other side with plenty of juice.

Seems like there is progress for some, but is anyone else still waiting?

I chased my rep again over 2 weeks ago. He said he'd chase the delivery team as that was who I was waiting on now that the invoicing problems were fixed. I got no further news of course. This week I decided to call the delivery centre in Birmingham following @pmagowan post above. They also said they'd chase the delivery team and I could expect a phone call either that day or certainly this week. No further news again of course.

I'm still just repeating the same cycle of chasing, getting no progress, and hearing no responses. 12 weeks since I ordered now. Are others still in this situation?