Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla won't honor their price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used Model 3 at $33.8k last Friday. I got email of confirmation. I went to get auto loan and got approval. Then Tesla called me saying the price was not correct. They need extra $3500. What the hell.... How come they can't honor the price....

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_4216.jpg
    IMG_4216.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 149
I bought a used Model 3 at $33.8k last Friday. I got email of confirmation. I went to get auto loan and got approval. Then Tesla called me saying the price was not correct. They need extra $3500. What the hell.... How come they can't honor the price....

The prices listed Friday night were all errors

If you don't want to take that offer I'll take it

• Love
Reactions: Skione65 and DanCar
Three thoughts:

1. I would never put a non-refundable deposit down on a used car I have never seen or inspected.
2. I think if you got a response email, that's a binding contract. Take Tesla to small claims court, and sue it for the difference.
3. This is another example of Tesla's overall disorganization.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and CarlK
I think the hitch in court would be that Teslas own paperwork says Agreement at the top. The problem is that for 3500 you will waste a lot of time and likely money. Better off not to pursue unless you have some free time and cash to burn. Plus what is your actual damages given you they are more than willing to refund your deposit.

You certainly should be given a quick refund at the least though. Definitely push for that.

Reactions: C141medic
oh, you mean they should just take the money?
Did you read the contract that follows your screenshot? It states once they’ve matched you to a car they’ve done enough logistics work to justify the deposit cost and if you back out, you’re out that money because they provided a service that they need to be paid for.

If this happened to any dealer in a newspaper or a flyer there would be a sign on the front door announcing a misprint and they wouldn’t honour the price. Same for anytime the flyers make a mistake about an item on sale, the store posts the pricing error and you’re certainly not getting that item at the misprinted price. Although I can appreciate and understand your excitement for getting a very good deal and disappointment that it won’t come to fruition, I think your reaction is unreasonable.

Not trying to be a dick, things happen and sorry to hear you couldn’t get into a Tesla. I hope this doesn’t turn you off from the brand, the service is abysmal but the product is profound. Best of luck.

Reactions: bijan
Look accidents happen and they are at least giving it to you at a great deal for $37k. These are usually going for $40-42k. Yours also has the balck and white interior which I rarely see on a used model 3.

Regardless, I would never buy a used vehicle from anyone, particularly Tesla, sight unseen. Watch this video if you have time. After you do, I am sure you will agree with me.

• Disagree
Reactions: CarlK