Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X: Window tinting, Windshield tinting, Paint Protective Film, Seats wrap film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrap seats done, Suntek front body bra done.

Happy ending. Great guy, He work straight from 8:30am to 6:45pm with no lunch break and just snack.

One person does all: front window, windshield, front hood and bumper with headlights. and 4 seats mate finished for 2.4K. He will drive to your location and do the job right there so you don't need to wait in an odd waiting room or pickup. In Irvine, I think it's a ok price.
What did you get on the seat-backs? Is that Xpel stealth ?

Yes but it's not uv protected.

$1500 for tint on front windshield is absurd . I'm sure it's expensive but I paid $600 for my S all around including the windshield. Even though it is harder, $1000-1500 for that huge windshield is highway robbery. I can't look someone in the eye charging that rate.

I had my X fully wrapped in Xpel, Front Windows tinted in 3M Crystal, and the front 2 seat backs wrapped as well for $4500 at a place in Ontario, CA. I've never had a vehicle wrapped before, so I can't compare the quality of the work to another shop, however, to me it looks great.

I'm thinking about getting the foot plates and second row seats wrapped as well. When I went to drop my X off at the SC last week, the service rep told me he saw a seat back scratched up real bad and he said it would be best to get everything protected if you can do it.

Reactions: Diavel
How much did he charge? I always buy screen covers for my phone but $6-7k for a full-wrap seems kind of pricey. I rather spend that money on tinting, warranty, sunshade, and a dashcam but I guess I don't understand the true benefit of this clear wrap. I have never done it to any of my previous vehicles but maybe it is one of those things that you don'r realize you need it until you get it?

I think it was $4500 for a full wrap on my S. Pretty much the best price I could find in the LA area, and he came to my house.

Wrap seats done, Suntek front body bra done.

Happy ending. Great guy, He work straight from 8:30am to 6:45pm with no lunch break and just snack.

One person does all: front window, windshield, front hood and bumper with headlights. and 4 seats mate finished for 2.4K. He will drive to your location and do the job right there so you don't need to wait in an odd waiting room or pickup. In Irvine, I think it's a ok price.
Is he using pre cuts? Or custom wraps?

8.5K is way too expensive. With that money, you can order the film directly from film factory and import to here then hire someone to do it. The you can start your own wrapping business to finish it. ;)
Hi guys,

I finally got the X and found out that couple things I should do. So I have this guy coming to install the front window tinting, windshield tinting, paint projective films for front hood and bumper, then indoor 4 seats plastic wrap for black back pieces.

Front window is done: First, same problem with window won't roll up but we did the rest and it works fine now.

Windshield 3M Crystaline: Installing now.

I will keep you guys post if we find any problems. . . . . . . Hopefully no . . .
i would love to get his contact info as well. Does he on,y work at your home?

Alternative for clear bra:

I used Ultimate Shield in Orange, CA. I paid about $3.1K for full front end and hood, headlights, fog lights, front fenders, both front and middle seat backs, and FWD step panel with Suntek. He wraps the edges (where possible) with his "signature" package so you don't see the edges of the film, too. Was recommended to me by a good buddy of mine, and he did a great job. Really happy with it. Details the car first before film application. Really nice guy (Sean, the owner).

You'll have to leave your car with him for about a full day, though. I dropped mine off in the afternoon the day before, and he was done at the end of the next day. He also does tinting, and carries 3M, but I opted for Photosync which he does not yet use. (Looks great, but still not sure whether the Photosync was worth the premium over other tints.)

Went to the detailer Monday for my TuneUp (a few bubbles at some of the sharp corners of the front bumper). When inspecting it in more detail we found a flaw in the Xpel that will require a warranty replacement. Detailer said only the third time he has seen a problem in the film. It's really hard to notice except in certain lighting conditions. Sort of looks a bit wavy or like paint that was brushed on instead of sprayed on. About 3" x 6" space.

I've spent some time getting prices from SunTek and XPel here in Austin. Still not sure what I'll go with but I know I can get a full wrap in SunTek for $3500. I can get full front including A pillars and part of back bumper and rear fender wells and all 4 doors for $2,288. I could then add OptiCoat for $899 for whole car paint/ppf areas and wheels. I could also do seat backs for $125ea.
When I asked his opinion on whether to get full wrap vs partial wrap + opticoat he recommended the partial + opti based on my color of Midnight Silver. Had I got Black, Red, Blue he would recommend full wrap as those colors show small scratches much more.
Also tinting with Llumar film Formula One on all glass except windshield would be $418 + $65ea for skylight panels in FWD

• Informative
Reactions: systemcrashed
You pay for the installer not the film. Make sure you do research on quality of work from the guy. The result of work from a good and not so good one can be day and night. Just do a search of "bad clear bra installation".
Exactly, this is for the best most experienced ppf installer in the area. He came from the west coast and has literally done thousands of cars. The key to finding the most information was actually finding out who the SC was using to detail and make ready their cars. He turns out to be a concierge for other services like PPF and Tint but does his own OptiCoat and is the local approved OptiCoat installer. Through him, he's able to get the other services at a steeper discount than if I went directly to the installers for PPF and Tint.
I spent 90 minutes talking with him and reviewing all the details of what they do for the X. They've done 6 already which is about 10% of all the X's delivered in my city.
This guy had a Lexus RC F which had SunTek PPF installed and it was a really great job. I got to see all the wrapped and tucked edges around lights, hood, fenderes, trunk, etc.