Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, you broke my racecar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being silly me, loving the instant torque and reliability of the Model S platform, I drove my Camaro real good and hard yesterday for the first time since my Model S delivery, and after being spoiled by the Tesla bullet proof life, I wanted to do a clutch dump and shredded my differential on my car... :(

I've known for a while the car was making too much power for the factory driveline, and I appropriated the power accordingly.. but I was in what I'm gonna call the 'Tesla Trance' and completely forgot. So I had to get a rollback and now have to get my old girl back under the knife again. Dang it Tesla. All your fault, no excuses. :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 11.08.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 11.08.35 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 208
I traded in a 2015 Chevy SS(sports sedan) MUCH the same car as the 5th gen Camaro on a 2014 P85, the instant torque is the number one factor in doing so. The Chevy handled better(but was on UHP tires instead of all season), had more back seat room and seats while not great were a little better performance wise. Tesla is leaps and bounds ahead in torque, smoothness, electronic gadgetry other than I miss the HUD on the Chevy. Three and a half weeks in I am a happy camper even with a $1250 bill at the service center for repairs and 4 year service.

I do miss the dead level handling of the SS BUT I suspect a set of summer rims and UHP tires for the MS will get me close enough that I miss nothing about the Chevy soon enough.

Reactions: selfbp
I traded in a 2015 Chevy SS(sports sedan) MUCH the same car as the 5th gen Camaro on a 2014 P85, the instant torque is the number one factor in doing so. The Chevy handled better(but was on UHP tires instead of all season), had more back seat room and seats while not great were a little better performance wise. Tesla is leaps and bounds ahead in torque, smoothness, electronic gadgetry other than I miss the HUD on the Chevy. Three and a half weeks in I am a happy camper even with a $1250 bill at the service center for repairs and 4 year service.

I do miss the dead level handling of the SS BUT I suspect a set of summer rims and UHP tires for the MS will get me close enough that I miss nothing about the Chevy soon enough.
Yes. I’ll say I love my Camaro almost like a child, but my S75 (4.3 0-60 unit) is just a smooth killer compared. Kinda like comparing a Kickboxer to a Ninja... The Camaro is loud and has a style getting there. The Model S is just so smooth and quiet. Quick and accurate.

I traded in a 2015 Chevy SS(sports sedan) ... snip ..

Good rims and tires will show the 50/50 weight distribution is great but the P85 torque can get you a little tail happy but can just power through it.