Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably due to redefinition of the constant with that update for 2020. It looks like you have 19” wheels selected? Presumably a 2020 model...

Peruse this post and follow the links for more info.

Take a picture of your Energy Consumption screen and calculate the constant if in doubt.

In short, your range has likely increased, though the number displayed has gone down - because each mile contains much more energy (3% fewer but each 5% bigger!). It is a really nice Christmas present (which you already paid for...)! Congrats on getting more range

Correct. 2020 P3D- on 19" wheels.

That's some great information you've been posting. Appreciate the information!

My range dropped at 2019.32 Graphic (100% est; temp+200; firmware)

tB3sKYm.jpg

UTXybxV.png

My SR+ with 16k miles has always said 238ish at full charge since I got it back in March. I have only charged it full a handful of times, used superchargers probably about 15 times and have only gone below 20% twice. I always charge to 80%(bumped to 85% for winter) and it gets to about 40% daily. I will also add, its always plugged in at home, even when not charging since i use the "depart at" feature

Last edited:
Reactions: Electroman
UTXybxV.png

My SR+ with 16k miles has always said 238ish at full charge since I got it back in March. I have only charged it full a handful of times, used superchargers probably about 15 times and have only gone below 20% twice. I always charge to 80%(bumped to 85% for winter) and it gets to about 40% daily.

Good to see someone reporting from the good side of the distribution. Someone has to win!

Reactions: JBT66 and newtonfb
A 15% pretty serious drop on a LR Model 3. Doesn't seem to correlate to firmware or temperatures.
Battery has been treated as nice as seemingly possible per below.

* charging at 16 amps to 75% daily and 80% recently
* Sept 2018 pickup
* 40K miles
* long commute of 110 miles per day
* 5 or so long long 1000 mile roadtrips supercharging but only up to 80ish% at stops

QJpLQGn.jpg

y1QzlG7.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
A 15% pretty serious drop on a LR Model 3. Doesn't seem to correlate to firmware or temperatures.

* Sept 2018 pickup
* 40K miles
* 5 or so long long 1000 mile roadtrips supercharging but only up to 80ish% at stops

QJpLQGn.jpg

y1QzlG7.jpg

That’s an interesting one. I’ll take your word for it is is not temperature related.

Seems like quite a different look than typical degradation, and at 15%, you are probably less than 1st percentile. Though your mileage is obviously higher than most. Keep us posted.

Reactions: scottf200
[QUOTE="
Do you have a 2019 or 2020? If you have a 2019, there may be no upgrade to range (we do not know yet). For 2020 it appears there will be.[/QUOTE]

I have a 2019 (9/19 build). We didn't get the range increase? I thought it was supposed to be part of one of the updates.

I have a 2019 (9/19 build). We didn't get the range increase? I thought it was supposed to be part of one of the updates.

It's hard to say. There's a lot of debate over what that range improvement meant, though it is clear that the 2020 vehicles running a particular software (which may or may not have been released yet) are more efficient than prior years, based on the Tesla Fremont dyno EPA results. However, real world, measuring the efficiency of your vehicle relative to prior efficiency is very hard (and that's what would affect the range). The displayed number doesn't really mean much (it's just an indication of energy available which likely isn't going to change much at all except in the downwards direction).

And to make sense of the rated miles number displayed, of course you have to check your constant using the Energy Consumption screen (Charging Constant = Proj Range*Recent Efficiency / Rated Miles remaining, three digits required for each number). It'll very likely be 245Wh/rmi for you.

Then your max available energy is just Rated Miles @ 100% * Charging Constant.

There's no obligation for Tesla to modify software on prior year Model 3s to display a different number (change the charging constant), even if the actual efficiency and range has increased from when you purchased the car. There's actually no obligation for them to do it on 2020 vehicles either, though I think they probably will make it align at some point, to prevent pointless complaints (right now they appear to be halfway there on 2020 vehicles...). All that matters is the vehicle efficiency and the energy available, and that displayed number can sometimes become decoupled from those factors.

As a specific example, with no actual changes to the car, for 2020 Performance Stealth vehicles, if the driver goes to the Service Configuration and changes their wheel configuration from 18" to 20", their 100% range changes from 313 rated miles to 293 rated miles. But their actual range does not change at all of course (they didn't actually make any vehicle changes)! This just shows the limits of focusing on the number without figuring out how much energy it represents. (In this example the energy available doesn't change; the constant changed in the exact opposite proportion.)

Reactions: Shemp

* Sept 2018 pickup
* 40K miles

QJpLQGn.jpg

y1QzlG7.jpg

You are doing a lot better than I am. Charging to 90% daily only nets me 272 miles at 24k miles. Started out at 290 with 4k miles. My 18 LR is screwed.

• Informative

* Sept 2018 pickup
* 40K miles

QJpLQGn.jpg

y1QzlG7.jpg

Would say your chart looks like mine. Yet mine has 20k more in miles. More recent cliff jumping has ensued for both of us.

• Informative
I've switched from 90% daily to 80% daily on my LR AWD. Very low supercharging usage on it. I just hooked up ScanMyTesla App and will report later this week on the data I pull.

According to TeslaFi: Currently sitting at about 8% loss (23 miles loss) or 287 at 100% full charge. I
Tm3_2020-01-08.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.