Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems I'm having an issue...this status has been showing 0 minutes for about 45 minutes. Can anyone assist here?

screenshot windows 7

We would have to know your sleep settings and if Always Connected is on or off.

It actually does look like a bug. You had Deep Sleep Mode enabled with a 0 minute 'try to sleep' time which essentially turned off polling completely during those times. It looks like the account setup script did not set the default time to 30 minutes so I changed it to 30 minutes and it's counting down now.

However, setting this 0 is not a bad option to keep providing I put some documentation in the settings and change the wording in the heading message. Basically if you set the Deep Sleep time to 0, it will completely turn off polling for that set time.

@Jdeck With IFTTT support it would be possible to have a good source for info about wether the car is in use or not. There seems to be a feature request already for IFTTT (0000172: IFTT Integration - TeslaFi Bug Tracker), although it does seem to target another problem, if I get it right.

My idea is: the phone could report to IFTTT each connect and disconnect via bluetooth with the car. Then IFTTT could inform TeslaFi, which then could adjust the polling strategy.

Love this idea! You should open a feature request for it.

It actually does look like a bug. You had Deep Sleep Mode enabled with a 0 minute 'try to sleep' time which essentially turned off polling completely during those times. It looks like the account setup script did not set the default time to 30 minutes so I changed it to 30 minutes and it's counting down now.

However, setting this 0 is not a bad option to keep providing I put some documentation in the settings and change the wording in the heading message. Basically if you set the Deep Sleep time to 0, it will completely turn off polling for that set time.

Love this idea! You should open a feature request for it.

We can put it on the list but the problem is IFTT charges $2,500 a year now plus I'd have to find a lot of time to create an API for TeslaFi.

Im still a bit confused on this Deep Sleep thing.

I have Always Connected to the "On" setting, so with that on, will the car go to sleep or not?

These are my sleep settings:

image url
Deep Sleep Mode is the only mode that will work if you have always connected enabled. It will not officially go to sleep since the API will not return 'asleep' in the car's online state so TeslaFi can't track it. But as @msnow has reported and I've witnessed, it greatly reduces the vampire loss since it's only polling once every 30 minutes or depending on what you set it to.

A side note: I've personally never kept always connected on, I don't mind the 30-60 seconds for the app to connect. But if that bothers you and you want to have fast access to controls like turning on the heat, try the Remote S app. It respects the sleep state of the car so when you start the app up it won't wake the car up until you either tell it to, or issue a command. If you issue a command with the car still asleep it will wake the car up and execute the command behind the scenes so you can put the phone away instead of waiting for the car to wake up.

Thanks for the tip, Jdeck. What I didn't like about not having Always On activated is that the car took longer to "start up" which I found annoying.

Going off what you said in the first part...so the settings of 30 means that TeslaFi will "ping" the car ever 30 minutes? And if I want to not poll at all during those hours, I should set it to 0?

EDIT: I should have read your description on the site better, looks like it's been updated fairly recently? :)

Thanks for the tip, Jdeck.

Going off what you said in the first part...so the settings of 30 means that TeslaFi will "ping" the car ever 30 minutes? And if I want to not poll at all during those hours, I should set it to 0?

EDIT: I should have read your description on the site better, looks like it's been updated fairly recently? :)
I updated it tonight. It needs a complete overhaul at some point. Lots and lots of tweaks and additions to that section over the months and it needs a fresh start.

Last edited:
An update before the weekend-
I think I've corrected the few data logger bugs but there's a few front end bugs I'm working with a couple people on, and they've proven to be a real pain (the bugs ;)). I think at least one of them is related to some small API changes as well.
I still have the short list of things I mentioned a few weeks ago and added enhancing the software update page as well. There's always a flood of requests that come in during new software release periods.

We can put it on the list but the problem is IFTT charges $2,500 a year now plus I'd have to find a lot of time to create an API for TeslaFi.

Wow, that's a lot. :-(

How about something else that can send messages, like AutoRemote or Pushbullet?

The API wouldn't have to be very big. Starting with just too calls for PhoneConnected and PhoneDisconnected would be fine for me. And it could safe more time from having less problems with sleep mode that it took to programm that.

Hi, everyone, I have a new issue that might be related to TeslaFi... (probably not)
Yesterday I have a software update and installed version 2.52.22. My car is Classic and non-AP. Since then my car doesn't seem to sleep - in the Raw Data, I can see the car consumes -0.4A for SEVERAL HOURS, which definitely is not normal. Did somebody experience the same situation? No reboot yet but have driven the car 10 miles today.

Hi, everyone, I have a new issue that might be related to TeslaFi... (probably not)
Yesterday I have a software update and installed version 2.52.22. My car is Classic and non-AP. Since then my car doesn't seem to sleep - in the Raw Data, I can see the car consumes -0.4A for SEVERAL HOURS, which definitely is not normal. Did somebody experience the same situation? No reboot yet but have driven the car 10 miles today.
Are you configured for Deep Sleep or TeslaFi Sleep Mode?

• Informative
Reactions: alb
Are you configured for Deep Sleep or TeslaFi Sleep Mode?
Yes, I don't use Deep Sleep but enabled Sleep Mode. However I think the problem is that my car keeps drawing current for several hours... That way TeslaFi can't stop polling if Deep Sleep is not enabled.
Screenshot_20170115-000151.png

Try a reboot. It looks like you did a software update yesterday which may have something to do with it. Maybe.

Yes, I don't use Deep Sleep but enabled Sleep Mode. However I think the problem is that my car keeps drawing current for several hours... That way TeslaFi can't stop polling if Deep Sleep is not enabled.
View attachment 210465

Try a reboot. It looks like you did a software update yesterday which may have something to do with it. Maybe.

I decided to check my TeslaFi account and noticed some oddness as well. I had "normal" amounts of sleep mode on 1/9/2017 but then on 1/10, TeslaFi shows 0 minutes of sleep (with over 9 miles of range loss at 19.5 hours of idle time). On 1/11, it seems to show another "normal" amount of sleep and idle modes (and range loss). Then on 1/12, another 0 minutes of sleep with 6.6 miles of range loss). The days since seem acceptable, I guess, but I looked at the raw data a few hours ago and noticed a regular battery current of .3 or .4, so I decided to perform a series of reboots. Almost immediately, TeslaFi stopped polling the API as the battery current showed 0. I did a Power Off via the Controls menu plus I also held down the brake pedal while pressing the scroll wheels until the Tesla logo showed, and the same with the buttons above the scroll wheels (with the brake pedal down until the Tesla logo appeared).

I noticed that my car sometimes idles for several hours with the battery current around -0.3A and TeslaFi doesn't try to let the car sleep. I'm wondering if -0.3A is normal idle draw when it's cold - just keeping the battery warm enough, maybe? What do you think about changing the battery current threshold to -0.5A instead of zero, to give the car a chance to sleep sooner in this situation?

I added a new field in the settings area where you can set this minimum number now. In my testing many months ago, the only reliable way to predict when the car was going to go to sleep was to look for the 0 value on the battery current. Never hurts to experiment though. :)

Reactions: hiroshiy