Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember us discussing this awhile back, but what is the radius around your "home" address that counts as your "home" in charging? My gym recently installed Tesla chargers and it's .33 miles away from my home address as the crow flies. I'm now seeing charges at the gym showing up as home charges and it's throwing off my calculations.

Thanks.
I added a new editable field in the settings page near the bottom to change the distance. I changed yours to .25 miles. Let me know if it looks correct now.

I have all 3 sleep modes enabled: Sleep Mode, Nighttime Sleep Mode from 10pm to 7am and Deep Sleep Mode also from 10pm to 7am. "Time to Try Sleeping" is set to 20 min in both places, and "Idle Time Before Trying to Sleep" is set to 30 min. I have Energy Savings enabled and Always Connected disabled in the car.

Despite this, the car often won't go to sleep for many hours. I don't know if this has to do with TeslaFi's algorithm or if it's just how the car behaves. Today the car sat in the garage all day, and it has been in "Idle" mode from 3:55am (when charging finished) until now - 18 hours. I haven't unlocked the car or tried to connect to it with anything other than TeslaFi all day (until just now when I started and stopped climate control to check the temperature in the garage).

From 3:55am to 7am, it went through repeated 20-minute waits, but the state was always "online". Then the battery current was between -0.2 and -0.8 until 9:13 when it was zero. Then it went back and forth between 20-minute pauses to try to let the car sleep and 30-minute (or longer) periods of polling, but the state was "online" all through. In many of those cases, after the 20-minute pause, the battery current was 0.0 but the state wasn't asleep.

Through the day, when TeslaFi did poll the car, the battery current was reported anywhere between 0 and -0.8.

The car does sometimes sleep at various times of day - I'm just wondering why other times it doesn't for long periods.

So what I'm wondering is this: Is the car not going to sleep because it's cold here (but not really cold, just above freezing in the garage) and the car is staying awake to keep the battery warm? Or is TeslaFi's polling stopping it from sleeping? Or something else?

That's a bit odd. I looked at the raw data for your car as well and it appears that everything is working correctly but the car is not going to sleep like it should be. Can you try changing your Tesla.com password to revoke any tokens that may be out there? Also possibly try rebooting the car?

I used my workstation to call Tesla.com and get a new token, inputted that into TeslaFi.com, and able to successfully use the new token. However, the settings page only let me input the token itself, not the entire request. Could you allow for input of the other fields as well? Could you tweak mine to include that please? I only ask since it was very convenience that TeslaFi told me my token was about to expire in 8 days and I will miss that as a handy reference.

{
"access_token": <snip>,
"token_type": "bearer",
"expires_in": 7776000,
"refresh_token": <snip>,
"created_at": 1483480101
}

I assume Tesla doesn't actually allow refreshing of the tokens. If it does, I can provide that. Thanks!
I added the ability to enter the expires_in and created_at as well now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
Can anyone assist me this a question please...

I recently signed up for Teslafi.com...Im a huge statistics nerd...but Im trying to understand the "dashboard" a little bit more. I've see my rated range go down throughout the day, even though I have the settings on for sleep...but Ive never actually seen the status as sleep.

Here is what it currently looks like...

image.jpg

I've seen it have a red border at the top and showing a countdown to sleep, but then it seems to go away. I do have my car settings (in the car) to Always Connected...is that what is not allowing it to sleep?

Here is what I have the sleep settings at on Teslafi.com...

image.jpg

Last thing - I notice sometimes the Inside Temp and Outside Temp show "None" and other times they show an actual temperature. What is causing that?

Thanks for the help.

Can anyone assist me this a question please...

I recently signed up for Teslafi.com...Im a huge statistics nerd...but Im trying to understand the "dashboard" a little bit more. I've see my rated range go down throughout the day, even though I have the settings on for sleep...but Ive never actually seen the status as sleep.

Here is what it currently looks like...

image.jpg

I've seen it have a red border at the top and showing a countdown to sleep, but then it seems to go away. I do have my car settings (in the car) to Always Connected...is that what is not allowing it to sleep?

Here is what I have the sleep settings at on Teslafi.com...

image.jpg

Last thing - I notice sometimes the Inside Temp and Outside Temp show "None" and other times they show an actual temperature. What is causing that?

Thanks for the help.

You will see the mileage/SOC go down through the day when the car isn't sleeping due to vampire drain. Setting sleep mode reduces that drain significantly. If you have Always Connected checked on your car, Deep Sleep mode is the only one that actually can function as that setting keeps the car otherwise active. I.e., TeslaFi Sleep and Nighttime Scheduled Sleep don't apply to cars that have Always Connected checked.

On the Model S, they interior/exterior temp is only available during and shortly after the thermal management systems activate (either for the battery, charging, or cabin conditioning). All other times, it won't report the temp. In the Model X, I've heard that this always reports.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
No need to uncheck Scheduled, it just won't ever be successful, but no harm if you uncheck it. I would enable Deep Sleep for the same hours though.

Thanks, I went ahead and enabled Deep Sleep from Midnight to 7AM.

What happens if I set it to earlier, say 10PM - 7AM? Anything negative? Would I notice any difference when I go try to drive the car or its all just related to the data logging?

Thanks, I went ahead and enabled Deep Sleep from Midnight to 7AM.

What happens if I set it to earlier, say 10PM - 7AM? Anything negative? Would I notice any difference when I go try to drive the car or its all just related to the data logging?

If you make it start earlier and then go to drive the car after 10 pm, rather than the car turning on in less than 5 seconds, it will take about 15-20 seconds (the instrument cluster won't be lit or will only show the Tesla logo when you first get in). HOWEVER, if you want to use the Tesla official app to say, turn on heating before you get to the car, it will take 60+ seconds before the app can connect to the car when the car is asleep.

If you make it start earlier and then go to drive the car after 10 pm, rather than the car turning on in less than 5 seconds, it will take about 15-20 seconds (the instrument cluster won't be lit or will only show the Tesla logo when you first get in). HOWEVER, if you want to use the Tesla official app to say, turn on heating before you get to the car, it will take 60+ seconds before the app can connect to the car when the car is asleep.

Well that's no fun...I have practically zero patience, hence why I have the car set as Always Connected...so I think Id be best to leave it to after midnight.

That's a bit odd. I looked at the raw data for your car as well and it appears that everything is working correctly but the car is not going to sleep like it should be. Can you try changing your Tesla.com password to revoke any tokens that may be out there? Also possibly try rebooting the car?
Thanks. There seems to be a bug that an idle state of over 24 hours drops the full days. If you look at Idle #69 on my account, it was 34 hours and 8 minutes, but it shows as 10 hours and 8 minutes.

Also, during the latter part of that "idle" time, the car was actually driven twice for about 20 minutes (Jan 11 around 11:30 and 12:30), but those drives didn't show up in TeslaFi. When the car got back home, it went to sleep.

Thanks. There seems to be a bug that an idle state of over 24 hours drops the full days. If you look at Idle #69 on my account, it was 34 hours and 8 minutes, but it shows as 10 hours and 8 minutes.

Also, during the latter part of that "idle" time, the car was actually driven twice for about 20 minutes (Jan 11 around 11:30 and 12:30), but those drives didn't show up in TeslaFi. When the car got back home, it went to sleep.
I still have to get to a resolution to the first part.

The second part, the car was trying to sleep between 10:58-11:17 (No data collected and did not go to sleep). Between 11:18 - 11:48 the car idled and shows no change in the shift state. Between 11:49 - 11:56 the car tried to slip with no data collected and did not go asleep. Between 11:57 - 1:52 the API has reported your car as offline and came back online. It's since gone to sleep after another idle. You can see all of this in the raw data page.

If you haven't done so yet, I would recommend a restart of everything in the car.

I still have to get to a resolution to the first part.

The second part, the car was trying to sleep between 10:58-11:17 (No data collected and did not go to sleep). Between 11:18 - 11:48 the car idled and shows no change in the shift state. Between 11:49 - 11:56 the car tried to slip with no data collected and did not go asleep. Between 11:57 - 1:52 the API has reported your car as offline and came back online. It's since gone to sleep after another idle. You can see all of this in the raw data page.

If you haven't done so yet, I would recommend a restart of everything in the car.
The missed drives today were because the car's 3G connection was down. Sorry for the distraction.

last two days my trip to work has shown wrong route map (across the Pond, but not quite the same on each occasion). (This has happened before, but only once that I can remember; the fact that it has, now, happened two days ina row may be coincidence of course).

The detailed data looks fine (couple of minutes lost, but that's normal).

Only thing that I can think is that the last mile or so of my trip crossed the Meridian - so Longitude changes from +0.xxx to -0.xxx - but that has always been the case, for that journey, of course and the detailed Lat Long seem to be OK.

View attachment 209773

Detailed view attached:

View attachment 209772
This should be fixed now. Looks like the API reported the longitude as '-7.4e-05' at least once in those drives which threw the path drawing off.

@Jdeck With IFTTT support it would be possible to have a good source for info about wether the car is in use or not. There seems to be a feature request already for IFTTT (0000172: IFTT Integration - TeslaFi Bug Tracker), although it does seem to target another problem, if I get it right.

My idea is: the phone could report to IFTTT each connect and disconnect via bluetooth with the car. Then IFTTT could inform TeslaFi, which then could adjust the polling strategy.

Looks like the API reported the longitude as '-7.4e-05

I reckon that the car was 20 feet over the meridian !!!

Thanks for sorting that out. Blinking edge-cases ... I hate dealing with APIs, things like this come to light years after we build the stuff - at least you have a growing audience so more likely to find things sooner, our stuff is typical bespoke for a client so far less chance of stumbling over rare things ...