Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a little mundane and doesn't have much meaning, but what about things like:
1. Heatmap which shows average consumption/efficiency by geographical region (zoomable map).
2. Temperature vs efficiency for the whole fleet, not just your car. Maybe broken down by model.
3. Charger efficiency by model and charger type/current.
4. Loserboard. Lowest efficiency drives.
5. Vampire drain vs model
6. Coldest and hottest drives
7. Fleet numbers of energy from supercharger vs regular charger.
Some great ideas. I'm particularly interested in more reporting and aggregation for vampire drain.

Is there a way to generate an IRS mileage report with one of these? I could print out every single page if I had to but surely it could be exported to Excel with just starting/ending/distance records.
Yes, there is a page called Tagged Drives which allows you to search through drives based on starting and ending dates. You can specify to only show drives which you have tagged as a certain category, such as Business. Or you leave category search blank and it will show all drives during that period. There's also a export button to export the found results data into a CSV file.

Reactions: rfmurphy81
On that note, now that some of us are paying, can I make some feature requests?

Can we get the ability to turn columns on and off? For example the charging pages are chock full of info and takes up a huge chunk of the screen, but a lot of the columns I don't (personally) need to see. Can we get a settings page option to turn certain columns on or off? It's nice to know that information is there still, being stored, but I don't need to know (for example) my charger phase or the max_range_charge_counter or any other number of the columns.

I had opened 0000046: Unwiden the Charging Page - TeslaFi Bug Tracker to sort of track "unwidening" the page, possibly by fixing the table labels (as they all seem to be using underscores instead of spaces). It seems like different labels could be used whether without the underscores or something different to make each column shorter naturally.

Maybe a new ticket to track hiding/showing column functionality per account?

@Jdeck - any idea when we will be able to select/filte which data fields we want to see in Raw Data?

Everything should be in place for customizing the data tables in the drives, charges, sleeps, idles and raw data detail pages. Each row will contain the time and API connection status first, and then you can customize the next 15 columns however you want. Each of these tables has a default layout until you edit them by clicking on 'Edit Layout' and customizing them. You can also reset them back to the default if needed.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 9.27.44 PM.png

Everything should be in place for customizing the data tables in the drives, charges, sleeps, idles and raw data detail pages. Each row will contain the time and API connection status first, and then you can customize the next 15 columns however you want. Each of these tables has a default layout until you edit them by clicking on 'Edit Layout' and customizing them. You can also reset them back to the default if needed.

View attachment 211339
Thanks and great job on implementing this!

View attachment 211339

This is awesome! I noticed you also relabeled the columns and minimized the number of defaults. Great job.

If nobody else has reported anything, then it is likely something local to my car preventing it from sleeping.

Sleep behaviour of my car has changed also, I think. I set-up deep sleep for my workplace on 11 Jan, and my car slept for the entire day that day. The next day, my car upgraded and now it's sleeping for up to 12 minutes, then idling for around 30 minutes before sleeping briefly again.

Last 'good' sleep: 11 Jan 2017
Software upgraded to 2.52.22 on 12 Jan 2017

Possible that it's coincidence, as I only have one data point before the upgrade.

TeslaFi Car ID: 488

Sleep behaviour of my car has changed also, I think. I set-up deep sleep for my workplace on 11 Jan, and my car slept for the entire day that day. The next day, my car upgraded and now it's sleeping for up to 12 minutes, then idling for around 30 minutes before sleeping briefly again.

Last 'good' sleep: 11 Jan 2017
Software upgraded to 2.52.22 on 12 Jan 2017

Possible that it's coincidence, as I only have one data point before the upgrade.

TeslaFi Car ID: 488
What are you looking at that tells you it's sleeping? I use Deep Sleep too and it always says "online" but it only polls at whatever frequency I have it set to (in my case I use the default of 30 minutes) and I only lose about 1% per night.

11-Jan-2017...
View attachment 211418

a sample of today...
View attachment 211419

Car slept for 3hrs 51mins today and was idle for 13hrs 39 mins. 14miles range loss in total, mostly while idling.
I see thanks. I think if you have Always Connected = On it's always going to look like it never sleeps. From my experience if you have it set to off its best to use the other two sleep modes instead of Deep Sleep.

I'd like to repeat a very minor request I made back in the early days. Currently the "efficiency" value is calculated by dividing miles driven by rated miles used, as such:

64.45 Miles Driven / 75.39 Rated Miles Used = 85.5% Efficiency

But I really can't use the 85.5% number for much.

But (this is for me and maybe other people), if we invert the calculation to calculate "inefficiency" as such:

75.39 Rated Miles/64.45 Miles Driven Used - 1 = 17% inefficiency

That's a number I can wrap my head around.

That means that if the assumed 100% efficient baseline is 300 Wh/m, then if I'm 17% inefficient on a trip, I'd likely consume about 350 Wh/m if I take the same trip again (300*1.17=350).

Likewise, as the % inefficiency goes down, so does the Wh/m -- they move in lockstep. The Efficiency number moves in inverse to Wh/m, which I think, is counterintuitive and not terribly useful in real-world, calculate-in-your-head numbers.

I'd guess you wouldn't want to display both, but I'd sure like to see "inefficiency" displayed somehow, maybe as an option or switch, both on individual drives as well as the daily summary.

Thanks.

I'd like to repeat a very minor request I made back in the early days. Currently the "efficiency" value is calculated by dividing miles driven by rated miles used, as such:

64.45 Miles Driven / 75.39 Rated Miles Used = 85.5% Efficiency

But I really can't use the 85.5% number for much.

But (this is for me and maybe other people), if we invert the calculation to calculate "inefficiency" as such:

75.39 Rated Miles/64.45 Miles Driven Used - 1 = 17% inefficiency

That's a number I can wrap my head around.

That means that if the assumed 100% efficient baseline is 300 Wh/m, then if I'm 17% inefficient on a trip, I'd likely consume about 350 Wh/m if I take the same trip again (300*1.17=350).

Likewise, as the % inefficiency goes down, so does the Wh/m -- they move in lockstep. The Efficiency number moves in inverse to Wh/m, which I think, is counterintuitive and not terribly useful in real-world, calculate-in-your-head numbers.

I'd guess you wouldn't want to display both, but I'd sure like to see "inefficiency" displayed somehow, maybe as an option or switch, both on individual drives as well as the daily summary.

Thanks.
Will do. I need create a new settings table to store front end settings so I can alter it at will. Currently my settings table is shared with the data logger which is accessed a minimum of 400 times a minute and is not ideal to add preferences when I want to, since I have to stop logging for a minute or two. I'll get to that soon and include this.

I've got a bug. I'm charging at 240V @ 12A and logged efficiency over 100%.

kWh Used
9.7 kWh

kWh Added
9.86 kWh

Charge Efficiency
101.3 %
Looks like the API possibly had approximately a 10 minute gap in data during the start of the charge. Since the charger kWh is based on the live data it missed the incoming kWh from the charger. I just added a couple calculations to determine the difference in time between the last good data point and the current data point it's dealing with. If it determines that it's missing data points it will fill the missing charger data in with the newest good info. At least that's the theory, I put it in place and it doesn't appear to have broken anything else but it's a significant change so we'll see. It's actually something that should have been in place already to properly catch this type of thing. I only put it in place for home charges for now.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Will do. I need create a new settings table to store front end settings so I can alter it at will. Currently my settings table is shared with the data logger which is accessed a minimum of 400 times a minute and is not ideal to add preferences when I want to, since I have to stop logging for a minute or two. I'll get to that soon and include this.

Cool, thanks! And really, no rush on this, it is a minor request!