Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email me at [email protected] if you want me to change your username. I'll need your old username or email address to look you up. If you want to change your email you click on 'reset password' on the homepage and then enter your email.
Thanks - your buddy [email protected] looked up my Username and we are now all set.

Oh - I see, James Decker = YOU. Sorry about the request for Admin assistance. Carry on, my good man.

Reactions: Jdeck
I meant TeslaFi's sleep mode but maybe sleep isn't working for anyone.
First love the app. New S60D owner!!

I've only been using the app for 1.5 day but zero sleeps with 17h 55m of idle logged today (I'm traveling). Was going to wait another day to ask if I was the only one. I've changed to 30min time to try sleeping (vs 15) with no luck. I get the emails "Your Tesla Is Trying To Sleep" but it never sleeps.

I just logged on here and saw these. I happened to look at my car a few minutes ago and notice it wasn't sleeping. Like Ryan thought Tesla changed the output of the fan_status so sleep mode wasn't working. I had previously checked to make sure the fan wasn't running before trying to put the car to sleep and the API would report 'None'. Now it appears it always reports 0, probably since the safety cooling feature was implemented.

I corrected it and my car is now asleep. :)

First love the app. New S60D owner!!

I've only been using the app for 1.5 day but zero sleeps with 17h 55m of idle logged today (I'm traveling). Was going to wait another day to ask if I was the only one. I've changed to 30min time to try sleeping (vs 15) with no luck. I get the emails "Your Tesla Is Trying To Sleep" but it never sleeps.

I did make some corrections but also make sure you have all the criteria met listed in the sleep mode options in settings if it's still not working.

I did make some corrections but also make sure you have all the criteria met listed in the sleep mode options in settings if it's still not working.

I've been using the site for about a month and as far as i can tell my car has never slept. I have Energy Saving = OFF, which according to the manual should still allow the car to sleep 10p-5a. I have Always Connected unchecked. A couple of days ago I changed my Tesla PW to void any tokens that might be used by any other site that I had forgotten I signed up for that might be making continuous calls to the car. Any other ideas? And should I care for any reason other than reducing vampire drain?

I've been using the site for about a month and as far as i can tell my car has never slept. I have Energy Saving = OFF, which according to the manual should still allow the car to sleep 10p-5a. I have Always Connected unchecked. A couple of days ago I changed my Tesla PW to void any tokens that might be used by any other site that I had forgotten I signed up for that might be making continuous calls to the car. Any other ideas? And should I care for any reason other than reducing vampire drain?
Try energy savings on and see if that does it. It's been a while since I tested it but I'm pretty sure it had to be on for the sleep mode to work. Also it can take minutes or a week for a token to invalidate. You can enable emails in the settings page as well to get notifications of when TeslaFi is trying to allow your car to sleep which may help figure out why it's not actually going to sleep from there.

No downside to not sleeping other than vampire loss.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I'm seeing the car wake up on the hour for 11-12 minutes then sleep for 45m+ until the next wake at the top of the hour. Same thing every hour, with a long idle (charge 12V?) in there once. I don't recall changing anything. Energy savings on, always connected off.

Any ideas?

I think my odometer rolled back yesterday. I was at 5999, and I looked today and I was at 5970. I thought maybe I was crazy, but I saw a note on Teslafi saying the data was bad the last couple days, so wondering if this had something to do with it. Anyone else notice this?

I'm seeing the car wake up on the hour for 11-12 minutes then sleep for 45m+ until the next wake at the top of the hour. Same thing every hour, with a long idle (charge 12V?) in there once. I don't recall changing anything. Energy savings on, always connected off.

I have the opposite. My car is idle for around 45 minute or so, then sleeps for a few minutes, then wake to idle for 45 minutes, rinse and repeat.

I made sure both fobs were not waking it (I put them in the refrigerator last night)

I don't have any other logging site active. I did have the firmware tracker attached, but I remove my UUID from that a few days ago.

Here's what happened last night after it finished charging:

insomnia.JPG

Any ideas?