Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi Referral request thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Smiddy - I've done 2,474 miles in the past 19 days. I'm a motorway driver primarily to reach Cornwall, Scotland and the east coast from the Worcester area. I'd say in all frankness that my perception is about 200 miles to a full charge. At the moment I can only be anecdotal, but I will be very happy to share Teslafi number data as soon as it populates and I have something more concrete to present. I can say that there is no way I am close to either WLTP or the Tesla presented 309 miles. That extra 70Mph over the US limit of 60Mph is a pretty big gap in energy consumption I think.

My own thoughts are that Tesla should present a US range and a different range level for countries with higher speed limits on the main motorways and more power is consumed.

Hi Smiddy - I've done 2,474 miles in the past 19 days. I'm a motorway driver primarily to reach Cornwall, Scotland and the east coast from the Worcester area. I'd say in all frankness that my perception is about 200 miles to a full charge. At the moment I can only be anecdotal, but I will be very happy to share Teslafi number data as soon as it populates and I have something more concrete to present. I can say that there is no way I am close to either WLTP or the Tesla presented 309 miles. That extra 70Mph over the US limit of 60Mph is a pretty big gap in energy consumption I think.

My own thoughts are that Tesla should present a US range and a different range level for countries with higher speed limits on the main motorways and more power is consumed.

I can remember the 55mph speed limits after the 1980s oil crisis but these days you can do 70 on interstate freeways.

My data is not that comprehensive yet and my commute is 45 miles round trip, so departure tax is a significant portion.

Eff.JPG

Only reliable points there are 5-10 and 10-15. But usually get around 70% to work and 80% from work (100ft elevation difference there as well)

The commute is only 45 miles round trip so departure tax is a big portion.

Basically on a 100+ mile trip I can easily achieve 300 Wh/Mile at 0C and close to rated at anything above 10C. That's about 70%,worst case for a long trip, which is around 160 miles in SR+. By top battery range right now is 233 miles. I could probably stretch that to 200 by driving slowly and without heating, but don't see the point.

Realistically speaking that gives 116 miles 0-50% (10-60 in reality) which is plenty for hopping between superchargers.

The only issue is south of England - no superchargers, a trip to Brighton for me is 65 miles one way. So to make it there and back, without charging, in the middle of winter would be a bit tight, but doable. Would leave me with ~30 miles range back at the house.

Brighton Supercharger is supposed to open in 2019 though, so even that is doable without stress.

Below is mine for drives over 50 miles. I have a feeling the 15-20 C is higher because of the air con and no pre conditioning.

I think having schedule departure has put my efficiency up slightly because its pulling power from the mains to run the heater / heated seat.

I did a trip a few weeks ago to Worcester and back which is about 100 miles each way, it said i still had 72 miles of range left by the time i got back. I have a bit of a heavy right foot though so i wasnt exactly averaging 70mph.

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 12.02.28.png