Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Created an account yesterday. Worked for a while. Now if I try to login with the correct password, it sits there for a while then it returns a "no cars " message.

Yesterday around noon ET, I was charging at Auburn Mall SC and could not log into the MyTesla page at all. Tried several different things over 20 minutes and never could get logged in. Even the "reset password" page was returning "undefined" as an error. Later last night I was able to get in no problem, so I suspect it had something to do with that.

Any plans to provide an export to CSV feature for the graphs? I'm trying to characterize a climate control issue, and it would be nice to be able to combine the TeslaLog data (setpoint, cabin temperature and outside temperature) with temperature data from my own logger device on a single graph.

Very interesting - thank you.

as you can see the software version for each car, could you show it in the list of the car's specification to save me going out to the can when I want to check my latest version number?
You can go into Report -> Version History to see your latest version (and previous upgrade). I could add it into the info page, but I'm wondering what I should do... We got user who need very little information, and other more savy who want all of it :) I'm thinking to have an Basic,Advanced mode toggle to make the UI simpler and cleaner for Basic, and more raw info for advanced... But I'm just in the process of thinking about it .

Hi mochouinard,

* I noticed the Logs section shows what appears to be the kWh added to the battery, kWh used to charge and the efficiency between the two. Can you describe how you pull the efficiency information? I don't recall seeing details about that earlier in the thread (but I could be blind). :)
* Do the APIs you're hitting show anything about when Auto Pilot is used? I'd love to get a summary of the percentage of AP used for a particular trip, day, week or month.

Hi mochouinard,

* I noticed the Logs section shows what appears to be the kWh added to the battery, kWh used to charge and the efficiency between the two. Can you describe how you pull the efficiency information? I don't recall seeing details about that earlier in the thread (but I could be blind). :)
* Do the APIs you're hitting show anything about when Auto Pilot is used? I'd love to get a summary of the percentage of AP used for a particular trip, day, week or month.

* The car provide a kWh charged via the API, but that value doesn't include internal car usage like heating, just what added to the battery. Then I take the Volt * amp * phases to get the Watt for every period and added them all together as the total input value to the car. So that how I calculate both value.

* I didn't see anything from the API that provide when the car is in autopilot or not.

* The car provide a kWh charged via the API, but that value doesn't include internal car usage like heating, just what added to the battery. Then I take the Volt * amp * phases to get the Watt for every period and added them all together as the total input value to the car. So that how I calculate both value.

* I didn't see anything from the API that provide when the car is in autopilot or not.
Fantastic! Since I live with others and don't want them paying for my mileage, I'm using the latter number to calculate how much money to transfer over for each charge session at home to keep things fair for everyone. :) Thanks so much for putting together a great site!

Hi Mochouinard.
I guess I speak for all of us when I say, that we just love and appreciate your work.
I have two questions.
In the kWh report I can set up a "home" zone, but could it be possible to see charging at home, Charging at SuperCharger and charging elsewhere?
You show avg kW/km but what about also showing avg speed?

Hi Mochouinard.
I guess I speak for all of us when I say, that we just love and appreciate your work.
I have two questions.
In the kWh report I can set up a "home" zone, but could it be possible to see charging at home, Charging at SuperCharger and charging elsewhere?
You show avg kW/km but what about also showing avg speed?

Of course you can. Just use "Geo Action V2" (or "set Geo Name" in the Logs -> Destination). I charge at home, at work, and at a local Supercharger. And all are listed properly once your create the appropriate Geo area.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been using Teslalog for 11 days now and I love it. The Track page only show values for SOC and Rated, and the other 3 values are listed as NaN (see snapshot below). Will they eventually get set, maybe after a month of use? Pease advise.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 1.14.07 PM.png

I have been using Teslalog for 11 days now and I love it. The Track page only show values for SOC and Rated, and the other 3 values are listed as NaN (see snapshot below). Will they eventually get set, maybe after a month of use? Pease advise.

View attachment 114374

This information update only when your driving. Note that I had to lower the update frequency making that value less precises that it was... It on my todo list

Yes, but it doesn't seem to be possible to see all the charging that I have done at SuperChargers for the last month (different SuperChargers), because if i name is the same (SuperCharger) there will be one "SuperCharger" for each location. But Mochouinard knows when we have charged at a SuperCharger, so it should be possible to show it in the Charge report, or let us use the same name for multiple locations.

Mochouinard,
I've had a couple of the Wh/Mile graphs go off the scale -- Example of my drive two day drive - divided 70 mph highway

car_id=481

13:09 - 15:49 - to Louisville, KY area - 125.4Miles 341.2Wh/mi - ODO 1374
http://i.imgur.com/BtZtnZV.png

15:51 - 18:09 - Home - 143.6Miles - ODO 1767
http://i.imgur.com/48tyACV.png
Your not the first with this issue... It should be fixed now.

The problem is when lost of communication occur between your car and me (can be lot of reason). And since I'm doing calculation that require lot of constant update, it does cause issues. I changed it so it will discard sample that was done over 10second length. 80% of your trip have a sample rate of 4 per second.

So as some have noticed before, your total range traveled might not match your total traveled, but there is so much I can do. (I do have the odometer value, so I could center the graph correctly, but it might be confusing)

Your not the first with this issue... It should be fixed now.

The problem is when lost of communication occur between your car and me (can be lot of reason). And since I'm doing calculation that require lot of constant update, it does cause issues. I changed it so it will discard sample that was done over 10second length. 80% of your trip have a sample rate of 4 per second.

So as some have noticed before, your total range traveled might not match your total traveled, but there is so much I can do. (I do have the odometer value, so I could center the graph correctly, but it might be confusing)
Thanks for that! I tried to give you the details you needed to zoom in on it.
No worries at all. So very much appreciate what you have done!

This is the most useful logging app by far. Well done!

One little oddity I can't explain. My car has been sitting outside unused for 3 days. I see this on the teslalog function screen:

Fan Speed: 0, A/C: false, Front Defrost: 3, Rear Defrost: false

What does front defrost: 3 mean please? Car is asleep. So I'd expect all zeros.