Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have monitoring off for my car but late Thursday night monitoring started again and I can't turn it off. Is there a way to remove the tokens from your site and stop monitoring? I changed my password on Tesla's site but your site is still monitoring my car for some reason.

This is a fantastic site however I'm concerned about data privacy. How can I delete my account and data? Also, is your project open source?
Send me a private message with the email used on teslalog.com. I'll contact you afterward when I got free time to do it. (My db was optimized to record continuous information. Require some steps to remove your car from your account without causing any issues.).

I though to made it open source, but it actually more time consuming to do it this way. Most people won't know how to set it up, and will keep asking question, posting weird specific issues to their setup... I just don't want to deal with that !!!

Reactions: RDuke and hiroshiy
I have the same question, how can i delete my account and data? i also send you a PM days ago.

Thanks
We got lot of drug dealer over worried about their privacy :p

If you are really worried about privacy, you shouldn't own a Tesla in the first place. It a 100% connected car... Multiple different organization know where your car is at all time. Unless you disabled the 3g/lte modem in your car ;) Even so, if you go around with your cell phone, your still being track. If you use credit card or debit, your still being tracked. Oh and there is licence plate reader and camera that can track you around. And you got instagram from people taking picture of your car with gps positioning ;)

But I understand your worries. You don't know me and how trustworthy I am. There is always the risk of being hack as well.

I think I did received your PM, and as soon as I have the time, I'll respond to it.

But I'm focusing on keeping the site running for the people who want to use it.

I'll probably create a page at some point so you can invalidate your token and remove your car from your account. But got other things to do for the moment.

Reactions: RDuke and scottf200
I have monitoring off for my car but late Thursday night monitoring started again and I can't turn it off. Is there a way to remove the tokens from your site and stop monitoring? I changed my password on Tesla's site but your site is still monitoring my car for some reason.
I rewrote my data logging engine and forgot to add this feature back ! Those settings are now functional again !

Send me a private message if you still wish to have your car token being manually disabled on my end (will still be valid on Tesla end), and remove your car from teslalog (you won't have access to pass history).

Some of you might have received an email a few hours ago about either their token being expired or to be about to expire.

I've finally done the pre expire notification and rewrote the expire notification.

You will now receive notification about 3 week before the your token is set to expire. Notification should be sent every 7 days after that until your token expire. Then you will get a first notification of token being expired, and another one within 3 days and then nothing.

If you think a different schedule would be better, let me know.

Some of you might have received an email a few hours ago about either their token being expired or to be about to expire.
I got one... and it turns out that my token had expired a few days previous. I created the new token, but see that there's a hole in my data from the weekend, when I went for a road trip into the US! I wonder if that data is gone for good, or will it eventually appear?

I got one... and it turns out that my token had expired a few days previous. I created the new token, but see that there's a hole in my data from the weekend, when I went for a road trip into the US! I wonder if that data is gone for good, or will it eventually appear?
Sadly tesla have no offline recording of data (that is available to us). So if your car is not connected, I cannot get any information. (Expired token, issue on my end, or your having bad 3g connection).

Sorry about the bad timing... I wish I could have had the time to do this notification system before ! (I also got caught by an expired token once! )

Thanks for all this work. Very intersting and useful to have this data easily represented.
Upthread you talked about the polling interval.
I've added in the car_info page toggle switch to enable or disable either the State & Drive logging.

State is Charging, Temperature and other general data being query once every minutes.

Driving is the real time car tracking.

Once you set them both to Off, the system won't try to connect again. If Driving were already in process, then it will continue until it drop connection. Then a car is in idle, that connection drop every 20second or so....
What is the interval now?

I haven't received it as my token is probably still pretty fresh, but I love the idea of email notifications. I wonder if 3 weeks is too far in advance. What if it was 7 days in advance then every day until expiration and 3 days after? Is that excessive? I assume the email would describe the impacts but not having any action plus have instructions on how to refresh the token.

I haven't received it as my token is probably still pretty fresh, but I love the idea of email notifications. I wonder if 3 weeks is too far in advance. What if it was 7 days in advance then every day until expiration and 3 days after? Is that excessive? I assume the email would describe the impacts but not having any action plus have instructions on how to refresh the token.

Why is three weeks too far in advance?

The tokens are good for 90 days. It takes something like 30 seconds to respond to the email and get a new token. Getting the extra two weeks you are proposing out of a 90 day token means that over the course of a few of years, you would save one 30-second token request. The downside, though, is that if for some reason you happen to just not be seeing email for the week immediately before the token expires, you could lose the recording of some of your data.

I say the schedule Marc proposed is just fine and dandy!

Reactions: mochouinard
Marc,

I just noticed the West Palm Service Center (which is also the SuperCharger) is in the incorrect location, see pic below

upload_2016-4-16_17-16-6.png

Not sure if this is coded by you or if you get them via API from somewhere, in the meantime i'l just going to make a GeoLocation around the whole 2 block area.