Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslanaires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is he/she a true teslanaire? A lot of guys makes $100k-$250 kthen get on to newspaper and TV. They are not even teslanaires! I don't understand why a story with title 'teslanaire' includes someone makes a quarter of it?

I think many people here make more than that.

I think that it is difficult to get people to talk publicly about their finances (for all sorts of reasons). Perhaps they couldn't find as many to interview as they had hoped.

is he/she a true teslanaire? A lot of guys makes $100k-$250k then get on to newspaper and TV. They are not even teslanaires! I don't understand why a story with title 'teslanaire' includes someone makes a quarter of it?

I think many people here make more than that.

I happened to record the last 10 minutes of the StreetSign and see two stories on Tesla:

1. Elon committed to stay on Tesla until he sees mass production of compelling and affordable EV car. Nothing new. However he did mention "it is not as fun as people thought when you are being a CEO of a challenging company, has to do it twice, in two different industries, simultaneously, when you also have a bunch of kids. And he is often tired."

2. The student who makes the quarter million. Hop says he does not know anyone who makes a million. That is odd. The Teslanaire thread already have a few listed there. I personally know at least 2 of them, who are true Teslanaires, not just a quarter.

I think that it is difficult to get people to talk publicly about their finances (for all sorts of reasons). Perhaps they couldn't find as many to interview as they had hoped.
Agreed. I would not want all my friends, neighbors and clients to know my finances....(Oh..and especially family!!)

Until a few months ago, I did not know very much about Tesla. I knew that they made an EV but figured it was just another EV destined for failure. I started paying more attention when Elon announced they were going to be profitable in the 1st quarter, but I still did not take the time to do any due diligence on the stock. Eventually, I decided to do some research and after reading up on it for a couple of days, the staggering potential of this thing hit me like a 2 x 4. I got in at $55 and rode it up to $95, then stupidly decided I was smart enough to trade in and out of it. That did not work very well, so I got back in for good at about $103. Still a long way from becoming a Teslanaire but think it is just a matter of time before it happens.

It is a strange thought you have. What makes you think so? Silicon Valley does not envy a millionaire as too many applenairs, googlenairs, fbnairs, netflixnairs and linkinednairs are here, just like Model S does not have the same special treatment as somewhere else. Have to be humble even if you make it.

Life can't be better when you have the financial strength, the means to do something. The one side benefit is now the non-believing friends do listen instead of bringing up nonsense arguments.

Last edited:
It is a strange thought you have. What makes you think so? Silicon Valley does not envy a millionaire as too many applenairs, googlenairs, fbnairs, netflixnairs and linkinednairs are here, just like Model S does not have the same special treatment as somewhere else. Have to be humble even if you make it.

Life can't be better when you have the financial strength, the means to do something. The one side benefit is now the non-believing friends do listen instead of bringing up nonsense arguments.

It's like winning the lottery, you don't want people to know. Then again, silicon valley is filled with millionaires, so it probably means nothing to be a millionaire there.

It's like winning the lottery, you don't want people to know. Then again, silicon valley is filled with millionaires, so it probably means nothing to be a millionaire there.

It is the furthest thing from winning a lottery. You have no idea...

Many of us here DO have an idea and, like a lottery win, don't talk about how much we've made (or lost, for that matter). Maybe my circle of friends is not as mature as others, but I'd hate to have them judge my worth as a person based on some stock trades. I much prefer to talk about other stuff with them. (If someone were to ask me, I don't know if I could recommend something as volatile as this stock. Everyone has a different appetite for risk.) Not living paycheck to paycheck enables me to live life without stress, but it doesn't define me. And my finances aren't anyone's business but mine.

That said, I'm not judging anyone who does. I just hope it doesn't backfire on anyone.

Here is my problem. My P85 comes in a few weeks. I will show it to friends and co-workers, and give lots of test drives. They will ask how much it costs, and I will have to say that this config starts at about 85k (and mine costs 100k if they press the issue). My friends are disproportionately co-workers and make the same or less than me. So, I can either say:

1) I just decided to take on a $1500/month car payment or
2) I made money on the TSLA stock and can comfortably afford it.

If I choose #1, I risk a full-on intervention from well meaning friends telling me I am borderline endangering my family by taking on such an irresponsible financial burden. #2 has the problem of being showy, but it's better than #1.