Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's liability for promising FSD later this year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are no videos on Youtube of FSD and Advance Summon working 100%...

Musk indicated that FSD would be feature complete at the end of 2019 - No rollout date is mentioned that I am aware of.

Anyone who bought into the FSD option early, should have known what they were buying at the time as it doesn't mention secific rollout dates for these feature...

I bought FSD with the thought it it would and could happen.... As much as I wish the time frame was in reach, I am happy and will wait for it to possibly happen.

Elon must be confident they will deliver. They just put the price of FSD up $1k. He said it would increase over time.

It's been $6000 for a while now, it used to be 6k if you bought it with the car and 7k if you added it later but they dropped that policy a month or so ago.
=============
It had been quite awhile since I checked on the prices.

AP was $2000, then they bumped it to $3000 if bought later but they haven't dropped that price yet.
I'm waiting for a special at $1000. Won't pay more than that.

I was hoping they wouldn't raise the price of FSD till mid Feb which is about when I expect to get my tax refund if last year is any indication. As FSD currently stands I can't personally see paying $6k for it much less the projected ~$7k in August. Definitely a gamble to wait though because if they do get stop sign / stop light recognition and city street driving working well then I will wish I had grabbed it when it was 'only' $6k.

No one’s hardcore defending Tesla here lmao we just have common sense. A company that continuously delays or misses “projected dates” is expected for them to miss another deadline. No one would be surprised. Either you didn’t do your homework when purchasing a Tesla or, like i said, are expecting a handout.

You don’t have to continuously repeat you love Tesla that’s irrelevant no one is saying you’re a troll/hater. FSD is a promise, most will say won’t be achievable this year. Most people with common sense bought FSD for the current features it provides, the one’s that didn’t see enough value is waiting for more features to be released.

LMAO.
You have "common sense"? Apparently, your definition/understanding of "common sense" is different from the general population. To most people, "common sense" does NOT mean that since the company "continuously delays or misses projected dates, and is expected to miss other deadlines, and people shouldn't be surprised at this happening". Your giving Tesla this much slack & defending this practice wreaks of a fanboy, unable to see things objectively.

OP wonders if a refund is due by the deadline that Tesla states, if the product is not delivered by that time. Perfectly reasonable to ask such a question. If Tesla doesn't think it can deliver FSD by that time, then maybe they should add a few pages of qualifiers/CYA verbiage.