Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure if this has been explained in here but Tesla makes cars by quarters. During each quarter Tesla splits the production of domestic and export. The beginning of each quarter goes to vehicles that are sent outside of the US, and the end of every quarter they start producing vehicles for the US.

So it kinda look like this:

Jan, April, July, Oct they make cars for delivery outside of the US

Feb/March, May/June, August/Sep, Nov/Dec they make cars for deliveries inside the US.

This was explained to me by the customer support team in California. I’m not sure how accurate this information is, but still thought I would share.

With that being said, if they couldn’t get you car out by May/June (2nd Quarter) then you would be looking at Aug/Sep (3rd Quarter) because these would be US production time frames.

Same goes with cars made for outside the US, if they couldn’t get your car out by or before April (2nd Quarter) then is would be moved to July (3rd Quarter).

Just wanted to let everyone know what I was told and explained.

Also they aren’t supposed to give out “Soft-Matches” as those dates can charge, but they game me mine anyways for Aug 2nd.

I’m not sure if this has been explained in here but Tesla makes cars by quarters. During each quarter Tesla splits the production of domestic and export. The beginning of each quarter goes to vehicles that are sent outside of the US, and the end of every quarter they start producing vehicles for the US.

So it kinda look like this:

Jan, April, July, Oct they make cars for delivery outside of the US

Feb/March, May/June, August/Sep, Nov/Dec they make cars for deliveries inside the US.

This was explained to me by the customer support team in California. I’m not sure how accurate this information is, but still thought I would share.

With that being said, if they couldn’t get you car out by May/June (2nd Quarter) then you would be looking at Aug/Sep (3rd Quarter) because these would be US production time frames.

Same goes with cars made for outside the US, if they couldn’t get your car out by or before April (2nd Quarter) then is would be moved to July (3rd Quarter).

Just wanted to let everyone know what I was told and explained.

Also they aren’t supposed to give out “Soft-Matches” as those dates can charge, but they game me mine anyways for Aug 2nd.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I was mentally forced to order a MY Performance, Its a bit of a stretch of where I wanted to be for a car payment but I can afford it, so the race of which one gets to me quicker is on. I ordered MYLR June 4th, and my EDD is Aug 19 - sept. 8 and I just ordered the performance 3 days ago and it says my EDD is Aug 15 - Sept 4th....Will the performance beat the LR (pun intended) Ill keep you all informed.