Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finalized my order from December 2019 on August 28. Went to pick up our Y on Sept 27th but had to reject for defects. They ordered me a new Y and specified I wanted a later build after October 1st. Received the VIN on my account about a week ago but no text or email. Just today, received the text to pick a date for pickup on Oct 26, 27 or 28. Of course I work so during the week doesn't work. The Y will arrive on Oct 24th the SC told me. I asked about picking up on the next day, Sunday the 25th. Her answer was to make sure it gets a good doing over to pick up the following weekend (I like this thinking as our last one with defects arrived late Saturday afternoon and the next day we were scheduled for 12 noon). Obviously the SC didn't PDI or look over the vehicle.

I don't expect them to point out defects as they want the OWNER to have to find them and only then do they offer to fix things. However, for this delivery I switched the SC I am picking up at and I like the way they think at this one. Plus, I did mention (as if they didn't know from my account) that I had already rejected one Model Y and to look it over and make sure it's good BEFORE we arrive to pick it up. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as I'd really like to take a new Model Y home this time. Oh, and picking her up on Halloween Day (I expect some candy to be thrown into the deal).

Reactions: kylegbraund
So finalized my order from December 2019 on August 28. Went to pick up our Y on Sept 27th but had to reject for defects. They ordered me a new Y and specified I wanted a later build after October 1st. Received the VIN on my account about a week ago but no text or email. Just today, received the text to pick a date for pickup on Oct 26, 27 or 28. Of course I work so during the week doesn't work. The Y will arrive on Oct 24th the SC told me. I asked about picking up on the next day, Sunday the 25th. Her answer was to make sure it gets a good doing over to pick up the following weekend (I like this thinking as our last one with defects arrived late Saturday afternoon and the next day we were scheduled for 12 noon). Obviously the SC didn't PDI or look over the vehicle.

I don't expect them to point out defects as they want the OWNER to have to find them and only then do they offer to fix things. However, for this delivery I switched the SC I am picking up at and I like the way they think at this one. Plus, I did mention (as if they didn't know from my account) that I had already rejected one Model Y and to look it over and make sure it's good BEFORE we arrive to pick it up. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as I'd really like to take a new Model Y home this time. Oh, and picking her up on Halloween Day (I expect some candy to be thrown into the deal).
:) fingers X'ed!

I’ve honestly been looking at other crossovers like Range Rover and Mercedes and part of me wants to just go to a dealer and test drive and take one home same day but I also know I would miss Tesla too much. I’m a Model 3 owner currently.
well, we rejected a M3 2 weeks ago but also have a MY on order as well. I must admit that I am looking at other options...including Xc40, Mach-e and the Nissan Ariya. My wife who has a Pri, really wanted to test drive the RAV4 Prime but we know how that turned out!

okay, I’ll bite... how did the RAV4 Prime end up?
Rdvst below nailed it! We actually had a test drive of a RAV4 hybrid 2020 and it is very similar to the RAV4 prime. My wife and I are retired and looking to travel quite a bit in the next few years so cargo space is important for us and our dogs. The RAV4 and RAV4 prime both have excellent storage close to 68 cu ft. We definitely would have considered the Prime if it had been available. My wife has very fond memories of RAV4 dating back to the peppy six cylinder 2010 model that she drove the Toyota guys crazy with repeated test drives.

10k dealer markup due to limited availability in North America ( before options). At least that's my experience

Rdvst below nailed it! We actually had a test drive of a RAV4 hybrid 2020 and it is very similar to the RAV4 prime. My wife and I are retired and looking to travel quite a bit in the next few years so cargo space is important for us and our dogs. The RAV4 and RAV4 prime both have excellent storage close to 68 cu ft. We definitely would have considered the Prime if it had been available. My wife has very fond memories of RAV4 dating back to the peppy six cylinder 2010 model that she drove the Toyota guys crazy with repeated test drives.

Ohhh, yeah my dealer promised no markup... just can’t get the premium trim in a reasonable time. But shoot waiting for the Tesla might push me the other way at this rate.

• Funny
Reactions: kylegbraund
East coast here. My advisor informed me this morning that he hasn't had any VIN assignments or scheduled deliveries since end of quarter. I guess it hasn't been looking hopeful for anyone he manages. He said they should start getting assigned soon but that is all the information I got.