Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please explain what the "VIN" numbers in this speadsheet mean? I see 5-digit and 6-digit numbers with commas, which do not seem to align with conventional VIN numbers. They just look like numerical values & we remain confused (I've looked through the thread but cannot find a explanation.) Thanks in advance.

Could someone please explain what the "VIN" numbers in this spreadsheet mean? I see 5-digit & 6-digit numbers with commas. These do not look like conventional VIN numbers, at least as we understand them. Looked through the threads but could not find an explanation. Thanks in advance.
Waiting on our MYLR, white/black interior, ordered Jan 25th. Original EDD slipped to March 21 from original of Feb 28.

Vin numbers encode a bunch of info in them. The first few characters denote the make and model…this being a Model Y forum, those are the same for everyone so they are not included when posting. The last digits are almost treated as Personally identifiable information, and are not the best to share publicly. So what you see are important bits in the middle that encode the month of manufacture, the factory location (A for Austin, F for Fremont) and the significant bits that show how many thousands have been made so far at that factory.

Not sure if I did that justice, others are more knowledgeable here, but noticed no one else had responded yet, so gave it a go to give you the gist.
Could someone please explain what the "VIN" numbers in this spreadsheet mean? I see 5-digit & 6-digit numbers with commas. These do not look like conventional VIN numbers, at least as we understand them. Looked through the threads but could not find an explanation. Thanks in advance.
Waiting on our MYLR, white/black interior, ordered Jan 25th. Original EDD slipped to March 21 from original of Feb 28.

Reactions: Tickledblue
Vin numbers encode a bunch of info in them. The first few characters denote the make and model…this being a Model Y forum, those are the same for everyone so they are not included when posting. The last digits are almost treated as Personally identifiable information, and are not the best to share publicly. So what you see are important bits in the middle that encode the month of manufacture, the factory location (A for Austin, F for Fremont) and the significant bits that show how many thousands have been made so far at that factory.

Not sure if I did that justice, others are more knowledgeable here, but noticed no one else had responded yet, so gave it a go to give you the gist.
Thanks for the reply, Slyder. What you have explained is what we understand to be the conventional VIN number format. My question is about the "VIN" numbers listed in the Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet, which are formatted as either "12,345" or "123,456": All digits (some 5, some 6), no letters, plus a comma not typically found in a VIN. How do we understand these? (I realize that people to not want to input their full VIN's). TIA.

Ordered a white MYLR with black interior
OD 1/21
EDD1 Feb - Mar
EDD2 3/21 - 3/31
EDD3 4/10 - 5/15

Tesla must have been slammed after the price reduction. Kind of a nice problem to have. I spoke to a sales associate this week who said that while sales have slowed somewhat from mid January they are currently averaging four sales per day. That was just for a single rep. Multiply that by several more & it’s apparent that the backlog is growing even after the minor subsequent price changes.

Ordered a white MYLR with black interior
OD 1/21
EDD1 Feb - Mar
EDD2 3/21 - 3/31
EDD3 4/10 - 5/15

Tesla must have been slammed after the price reduction. Kind of a nice problem to have. I spoke to a sales associate this week who said that while sales have slowed somewhat from mid January they are currently averaging four sales per day. That was just for a single rep. Multiply that by several more & it’s apparent that the backlog is growing even after the minor subsequent price changes.
Order a MYLR (Deep Blue) and all default configuration -

OD - 1/27
EDD1 - Feb 20-Mar 31
EDD2 - Apr 13-May 25
EDD2 - Apr 15-May 20

I also see people in the same place that I live who ordered a similar configuration on 1/25 i.e. 2 days earlier to my order and got the actual vehicle by 1/31. Guess there were a ton of orders from 1/26! Anyways, I hope Tesla delivers before the end of April! :)

OD 1/23 red/black/mylr/hitch
Edd1: jan-mar
Edd2: 3/18-3/31
Edd3: 3/13-3/31 for a month
Edd4: 3/14-3/31 day before investor day
today!
Edd5: 3/13-3/27

no vin yet…
Lots of people getting push into 2nd quarter
Any luck I’ll get my mylr this month
Los Angeles

Finally got my EDD
ODD - 1/25
EDD - 3/28-3/31 (ugf - hopefully it doesn't go past 3/31 but not looking good)

My build is a long range, white exterior and white/black interior. No other additional options.
try changing the wheels to Induction. I got my vin as soon as I changed to induction from 19inch. Looks like they are making more of the 20inch. Mine is scheduled to be delivered on 3/18

I’m just trying to get a vin
OD 1/23
Edd1 Jan-mar
Edd2 3/18-3/31
Edd3 3/13-3/31 a whole month
Edd3 3/14-3/31 day before investor day

No vin yet
Los angeles
Mylr red/black 5 seat 19 with hitch
we should bet to see who gets a car first the guy who ordered the day before (order date 1/22/23), or the guy in CA... (Blue/black)still no vin and Friday they updated my EDD to 4/11-5/16

In happy news, our appointment for our MYLR, W/Bl, 19" ordered on 01/25/23 was moved up by a day. We picked it up yesterday afternoon in Dallas, and successfully completed our trade-in at the same time. Our worries about the trade-in documents (Texas rules) were assuaged when Tesla handled document signatures electronically, followed by UPS shipment of the signed originals after they accepted the scanned versions. Some confusion because the instructions for Texas in our account said "Do NOT sign title until you get to the Delivery ...", while the texted instructions said "Sign and ship original title....". Signed & shipped was what they ultimately wanted.

Only issue that we found on inspection was a couple of small paint chips that they will fix next week. We went in about 1 hour ahead of our appointment to do a thorough look of. Tons of employees on-site to answer questions. Camera calibration worked smoothly and finished in about 20 miles. Still learning the finer points, but so far, so good. Thanks to everyone for the very helpful feedback.

Hi all

Is this spreadsheet reliable at all for us folk in Australia? Or would the wait times be completely different? I guess its also hard to tell with the MYLR just coming to Aus recently. All I have is May-June. Tesla SA over the phone said they are generally delivering more on the "tail end" of that window.

@Troy do you have any information? I'm trying to find out as it affects my lease and other considerations in my circumstance.

I'm hoping I can comfortably expect something by end of June.

Cheers