Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesloop - The first sustainable transport network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did he really just say he is finishing up 10th Grade? AND bought an 85D with TSLA stock! More than 25 years of schooling and I'm nowhere near that smart.
His father is president and co-founder. Dad sold his digital video startup to Comcast for >$100m. I would guess that had something to do with Haydn's ability to acquire a Model S. :wink:

Larry

I think the main issue is that without free electricity supplied by Tesla, the trip cost would increase by over $50. The driver would then make $8.75 an hour, hauling two passengers.

I mean as a TSLA stockholder those trips only cut into my ownership by 0.0000001 of a penny or so, but still the parasitic business model leaves a bad taste and it may come to pass that Tesla will ask for compensation if the existing taxi companies like Tesloop continue to grow, or there are more startups using the superchargers.

Or, it may be that the Taxis will be seen to offset that minimal electrical cost by advertising the cars with riders, and it's a better deal to let them go to it.

Personally if I lived in LA I'd fly it, that route sux. I saw some Tesloop passengers getting out at Barstow last weekend on our way to AZ, and they looked every bit as stiff and tired as I was from the demanding I-15. Add in the stop and go Sunday afternoons etc, and that is one cramped back seat.

I think the main issue is that without free electricity supplied by Tesla, the trip cost would increase by over $50. The driver would then make $8.75 an hour, hauling two passengers.
According to the Tesloop drivers I chatted with at the Qualcomm SD supercharger yesterday, Tesloop does NOT get free supercharging. They have a special commercial agreement that costs them money to use. They didn’t say how much.
Note that the economics for commercial Ev’s are not what you might think given the very different way that utilities recover their costs from commercial customers (demand charges vs per kWh markups)