TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesloop - The first sustainable transport network

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jsm, Sep 10, 2015.

1. jsm

jsm Member

just saw this -

Tesloop

JUST LAUNCHEDThe first sustainable transport network, Tesloop provides zero-emission, city-to-city transportation in fully electric Tesla Model S cars.

Tesloop | Gilt City Los Angeles

One way car ride in a Tesla Model S from Los Angeles to Las vegas for $59.

Interesting concept, wonder how many people will do this?

2. Troy

Troy Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  3. cmu5p

cmu5p Member

Did he really just say he is finishing up 10th Grade? AND bought an 85D with TSLA stock! More than 25 years of schooling and I'm nowhere near that smart.

4. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

His father is president and co-founder. Dad sold his digital video startup to Comcast for >$100m. I would guess that had something to do with Haydn's ability to acquire a Model S. :wink:

Larry

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

issues I see: the driver can do better driving for uber, the passenger can fly for a few bucks more.

6. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

I think the main issue is that without free electricity supplied by Tesla, the trip cost would increase by over $50. The driver would then make $8.75 an hour, hauling two passengers.

I mean as a TSLA stockholder those trips only cut into my ownership by 0.0000001 of a penny or so, but still the parasitic business model leaves a bad taste and it may come to pass that Tesla will ask for compensation if the existing taxi companies like Tesloop continue to grow, or there are more startups using the superchargers.

Or, it may be that the Taxis will be seen to offset that minimal electrical cost by advertising the cars with riders, and it's a better deal to let them go to it.

Personally if I lived in LA I'd fly it, that route sux. I saw some Tesloop passengers getting out at Barstow last weekend on our way to AZ, and they looked every bit as stiff and tired as I was from the demanding I-15. Add in the stop and go Sunday afternoons etc, and that is one cramped back seat.

7. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

Wouldn't you still have to stop at a supercharger?