Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drive events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This could seem like a silly question, but I will ask it anyways.

I really like the model S and if circumstances ever permit I would dearly love to have one. The question is - What level of potential customer does one have to be to get to test drive a Model S at one of the events dotted around the country?

Cheers n beers

Ian

Just phone up and book, I have had three test drives. The first was a hotel meet up, no questions about how serious at all. The last was a day or two before finalisation to let me think about some last min changes.

Circumstances... all I have to say is that if anyone is a company owner and currently drives a lot of miles in a privately owned car that is in the +£35-40k range from new then it's really worth looking at the potential ownership of the Model S as a company car.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I am not a company owner, my most likely scenario would be gen III when that arrives. I fell in love with the Model S when I first saw it last year. Probably because I am an engineer :smile: I used to do wedding videos, hence the user name. I just need a lottery win.....

The Tesla Rep I was with on my first test drive in Edinburgh said that they get all sorts of people.
People with no intention of getting one to the super rich who just fancied checking it out. Don't be shy about taking a test drive. They don't ask you what your finances are and they don't do the hard sell.

I mentioned I had a wedding coming up and that I would be looking to get one soon after, which is true. But didn't have to be.
I'm sure having more people screaming and shouting about their cars is worth it in the long run.

I am taking my second test drive in August in Glasgow. This time I'm not splitting the time with my Wife. 20ish mins was not enough.
Hopefully this time it is a RHD. Then just need to sort the deposit :)

That was my biggest frustration with the test drive, it just doesn't feel right with a LHD in the UK.

Yeah this is the main reason I have taken a second test drive.
I didn't want to overtake and it stops you feeling comfortable as soon as you get in.

I know I want one, but I want to know in advance exactly what it will be like once I get it.