Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@zkmusa @ummgood :
I just called RBFCU to request an approval letter so I can use that to get Lightstream to match the rate.
But what RBFCU sent me just has the loan amount and date requested, no term or rate. After speaking to them again, they said they don't have anything they can send me that would have that information, they can just tell me verbally.

So, what did you have to send Lightstream to show them the rate and term that you were approved for @RBFCU?

I do have an email stating the rate and term, but that has the following in bold (am afraid Lightstream will use this language to deny the match?):

Thank you for your loan request. Your application has been approved for $xx,000.00 with an Annual Percentage Rate of 1.95% for 66 months with the following stipulations:

- You must become a member of Randolph Brooks by opening an account online or at any of our branches before finalizing your loan. Please note that accounts opened online will take at least 2 business days from the opening date to be processed by our New Accounts Department before any lending products may be established.

Hi KGTES,

This is the exact approval email I used to ask Lightstream for the match. I printed out the email to PDF and sent it as an attachment to Lightstream's initial approval email. They approved the rate match within 5 minutes. I think Lightstream is aware that all credit unions require you to be a member to do business with the credit union, so this is not an issue for the match.

@zkmusa @ummgood :
I just called RBFCU to request an approval letter so I can use that to get Lightstream to match the rate.
But what RBFCU sent me just has the loan amount and date requested, no term or rate. After speaking to them again, they said they don't have anything they can send me that would have that information, they can just tell me verbally.

So, what did you have to send Lightstream to show them the rate and term that you were approved for @RBFCU?

I do have an email stating the rate and term, but that has the following in bold (am afraid Lightstream will use this language to deny the match?):

Thank you for your loan request. Your application has been approved for $xx,000.00 with an Annual Percentage Rate of 1.95% for 66 months with the following stipulations:

- You must become a member of Randolph Brooks by opening an account online or at any of our branches before finalizing your loan. Please note that accounts opened online will take at least 2 business days from the opening date to be processed by our New Accounts Department before any lending products may be established.

That's good to know. So technically it would be possible to apply and get approved without joining and then using that email to get lightstream to lend the money.

Good to see so many utilizing RBFCU after the initial wave of us as they have very competitive rates and their customer service was off the charts.

We should be getting some kind of Tesla kickback. :)

I make my first payment to them next week, not looking forward to that part though.

Reactions: zkmusa
I got my 14-50 installed today. I used The Electric Man to get it installed. The electrician was done within an hour of arrival and actually charged me less than I was quoted, but I'm not complaining. So I'm ready to charge! (but I've got nothing to charge yet)

I also reached out to the tinting company used by @Cnasty and @Boourns and got a quote. Since we're not sharing exact amounts here I'll refrain from doing so, but it was definitely reasonable given the complexity of the back windshield and not overly much more than tinting of a standard car. I was told it would take about 5 hours to install, so I wouldn't have to be without my fresh Model 3 for very long when the time comes.

Now I just need to wait for my VIN and delivery date to appear. I seem to have chosen the configuration that is the most behind on orders, so I can only hope they're attempting to catch up on that backlog. I've got my end of May deadline after all. I'm thinking I might need to reach out to Tesla somehow and request prioritization with delivery if I don't get a VIN and delivery date by the end of April. I hope it won't be an issue, but I won't be able to take any delivery for over 2 weeks if they can't get it in before the end of May.

I got my 14-50 installed today. I used The Electric Man to get it installed. The electrician was done within an hour of arrival and actually charged me less than I was quoted, but I'm not complaining. So I'm ready to charge! (but I've got nothing to charge yet)

I also reached out to the tinting company used by @Cnasty and @Boourns and got a quote. Since we're not sharing exact amounts here I'll refrain from doing so, but it was definitely reasonable given the complexity of the back windshield and not overly much more than tinting of a standard car. I was told it would take about 5 hours to install, so I wouldn't have to be without my fresh Model 3 for very long when the time comes.

Now I just need to wait for my VIN and delivery date to appear. I seem to have chosen the configuration that is the most behind on orders, so I can only hope they're attempting to catch up on that backlog. I've got my end of May deadline after all. I'm thinking I might need to reach out to Tesla somehow and request prioritization with delivery if I don't get a VIN and delivery date by the end of April. I hope it won't be an issue, but I won't be able to take any delivery for over 2 weeks if they can't get it in before the end of May.

Which tinting company was that? and is it ok to PM me the quote?

I talked to him last night and I believe he said he has done 4 Model 3s so far so he is definitely getting his practice in. It isnt the easiest tint job from my small understanding of the tinting world but mine looks flawless and I have gotten so many compliments on the car let alone the combo with the tint.

I am a big proponent of customer service and his is top notch and he has done all of my Teslas and other vehicles.

Glad he is working out for the group. He did mention to be patient with him as he is a perfectionist and the Model 3 has surely tested his patience in completing a job :D

Where did they wind up putting the rear camera? Did they find a always on 12V, or did they have to go through the firewall to the battery?

Pictures would be nice. ;)

Placed a female adapter to the rear 12v power source located in center console. Rear camera placed where I wanted it. Photo included, Front camera photo also included. Earmark once again did a great job running cables to the rear camera and to the 12v power source.

Rear dashcam 3 Front dashcam 3
dashcam rear 3.jpg Dashcam front 3.jpg

Now my question? When's Southlake Supercharger commissioning?. Went by on Saturday morning, no meter. Did Oncor finish running power under N. Carrol Ave to the transformer?

Reactions: bollar
Placed a female adapter to the rear 12v power source located in center console. Rear camera placed where I wanted it. Photo included, Front camera photo also included. Earmark once again did a great job running cables to the rear camera and to the 12v power source.

Rear dashcam 3 Front dashcam 3
View attachment 293120 View attachment 293121

Now my question? When's Southlake Supercharger commissioning?. Went by on Saturday morning, no meter. Did Oncor finish running power under N. Carrol Ave to the transformer?
Thanks! In another thread, the installer reported the interior 12V shut down after a few minutes. If Earmark has an found an always on, that's excellent!

Oncor's contractors are working today... #212

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I talked to him last night and I believe he said he has done 4 Model 3s so far so he is definitely getting his practice in. It isnt the easiest tint job from my small understanding of the tinting world but mine looks flawless and I have gotten so many compliments on the car let alone the combo with the tint.

I am a big proponent of customer service and his is top notch and he has done all of my Teslas and other vehicles.

Glad he is working out for the group. He did mention to be patient with him as he is a perfectionist and the Model 3 has surely tested his patience in completing a job :D

@Cnasty Would you PM me or reply with this tinting contact? TIA...