Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with RBFCU. They're sending the money to Tesla overnight today! Thanks again to @ummgood and others who helped spell out the process.

One thing to note, when on the phone with RBFCU, they initially said that they don't overnight the check, and if I wanted to do so, I'd have to pay the ($40) fee. I said I would do that, but needed to add more money to my account. Before I could get over to the branch, the loan person called back and said that for Tesla, they do send overnight, and they pay the cost. Something to keep in mind. Also, in addition to their really competitive loan rate, their customer service so far has been top notch. I'd definitely recommend them.

Have you tried talking to your ISA? For me, as soon as they received proof the check was sent my ISA scheduled. But it took a call to him to actually schedule, otherwise he wouldn't have noticed the check was sent. The 10PM appointment was placed to get the car moving. It should be in Texas already and i wouldn't be surprised if it's just sitting in your delivery centers offsite lot.

Only would get voice messaging when calling him:-( He did call me this afternoon to schedule a pick up for Friday:)

Hi Cnasty, just returned from dropping off my 3 at Dallas SC for minor fit and finish correction. Tesla gave me S100D as a loaner and mentioned the Plano SC should be opening within the month.

4 MSM 3’s were sitting in the showroom waiting on new owners.

Wow, I’m at 510 miles and approaching 6 weeks driving.

Hi Cnasty, just returned from dropping off my 3 at Dallas SC for minor fit and finish correction. Tesla gave me S100D as a loaner and mentioned the Plano SC should be opening within the month.

4 MSM 3’s were sitting in the showroom waiting on new owners.

Wow, I’m at 510 miles and approaching 6 weeks driving.

Excellent! Will be so much more convenient than driving to Dallas. Thanks for the info.

I am interested to hear about this -- especially if it works while you're parked and how the power issues others reported were dealt with.

Unfortunately it does not. I park in my garage at home and a pretty secure parking garage at work, so I do not need to record while parked. The camera I have is not a blackvue, so it just plugs into the 12V outlet in the arm rest.

Anyone have a pearl white in Texas that has the mismatched bumper issue? I've got an appointment on 5/11 to show, just not sure what to expect them to do about it. It's highly dependent on lighting conditions.... but in some it's really bad.....

I'm getting my pearly white in a couple of weeks, and I'm worried about this issue, I'm just not sure there's much you can do about it. The back is my least favorite part of the car, so I guess I'll just have to only look at it from the front 3/4 view.

I'm getting my pearly white in a couple of weeks, and I'm worried about this issue, I'm just not sure there's much you can do about it. The back is my least favorite part of the car, so I guess I'll just have to only look at it from the front 3/4 view.

Yea definitely not alone with all the threads about this issue on Reddit. I hope your car is perfect!

Trying to decide if I should have them attempt to repaint the bumper or just live with it.....

Got my car back from @EVS Motors this week. They posted pictures of the tint in their thread on the Texas community here. Had photosync put on and clear bra on the front of the car only. Part of me regrets not doing whole car, but front is the most important for me. I’m extremely pleased with the work.

Related to recent posts, they did install the Blackvue in the car as well and so far so good. Very clean install.

Got my car back from @EVS Motors this week. They posted pictures of the tint in their thread on the Texas community here. Had photosync put on and clear bra on the front of the car only. Part of me regrets not doing whole car, but front is the most important for me. I’m extremely pleased with the work.

Related to recent posts, they did install the Blackvue in the car as well and so far so good. Very clean install.
How'd they wire it up? Directly to the battery, or through the 12V port in the arm rest?

Reactions: bollar
No mismatch issues with our Pearl White and the color has grown on me as it wasn't on my radar (wife picked it) and it looks fantastic with the dark tint.

It seems a certain batch of VINs is having this issue.

I dont see it on mine but you guys are making me paranoid now lol

Attachments

• IMG_0654 2.jpg
    IMG_0654 2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0653 2.jpg
    IMG_0653 2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 38
If it makes you guys feel any better, in certain light under just the right conditions I can see a slight variation in color on my Multi-Coat Pearl White Model S (built Dec. 2016) between the rear bumper cover and the aluminum rear quarter panel. I have heard (from Tesla employees) that the Multi-Coat White is one of the hardest colors to match if you have to repaint any panel or portion thereof. I just assume the slight variation is either caused by the bumper being painted in a separate process from the other panels or the bumper cover being plastic versus metal (as @Zaphod pointed out below).

Mike

Edited

Last edited:
Pearl white is notorious for mismatch potential between different materials; the plastic bumper and metal body. And it's just not a Tesla thing, I've come across almost all manufacturers who offer this color having this issue at some point. I wish they still offered just the plain solid white.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike