Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mother F er. Just got a text, my car still isn't there. No delivery today. :| . That makes two failed deliveries and now a full month from when I paid for this car.

Damn that sucks, if you don’t mind me asking what location is your delivery supposed to be to? And did they give you a new date, that probably is jaded hope they are giving you but that’s all we have now.

Damn that sucks, if you don’t mind me asking what location is your delivery supposed to be to? And did they give you a new date, that probably is jaded hope they are giving you but that’s all we have now.
Austin. The text came from the delivery center and all it says is that my IDA will reach out to reschedule for early next week. I'm not holding my breath

Edit: web portal says 5pm on Tuesday. No worse time of day for me to get there. So much traffic between me and the service center.

Last edited:
Just got the call -- 10 minutes before my scheduled delivery time (good thing I was running late and hadn't left yet) -- as well, but this time from someone else, who was tremendously more helpful and actually told me some information rather than no reply or a generic response.

My car is still stuck at the Dallas rail location and has been there a week. The 4th scheduled delivery date of today won't happen. Pushed me back to Thursday. Problem mentioned was they don't have enough trucks lined up and have been trying to get more.

Thursday isn't confirmed, apparently trying to get a hold of the logistics manager to get this sorted out and should update me. I'm close to 1 month out from fully paid, about to make a car payment on both the model 3 and the trade-in. Woo.... Fun times in #railjail

Just got the call -- 10 minutes before my scheduled delivery time (good thing I was running late and hadn't left yet) -- as well, but this time from someone else, who was tremendously more helpful and actually told me some information rather than no reply or a generic response.

My car is still stuck at the Dallas rail location and has been there a week. The 4th scheduled delivery date of today won't happen. Pushed me back to Thursday. Problem mentioned was they don't have enough trucks lined up and have been trying to get more.

Thursday isn't confirmed, apparently trying to get a hold of the logistics manager to get this sorted out and should update me. I'm close to 1 month out from fully paid, about to make a car payment on both the model 3 and the trade-in. Woo.... Fun times in #railjail
What a terrible let down for everyone again. It seemed as though they had ironed it out and got things moving, but it's gone backward again. Seems trucks are the big issue - whether that is driver shortage or truck shortage, who knows for sure. I have a friend at Cedar Springs right now and his car isn't there. No notice ahead, and the real kicker is that he was scheduled on 9/22. His IDA called him on Thursday to ask if he wanted to come get the car today. Why in hell they are asking people to come in a week early if they can't even confirm that the cars are on site is beyond me.

Were you able to track your VIN via UnitedRoad? My delivery is set for the 25th - I have zero insight. IDA said it's enroute to Dallas and would possibly be ready sooner, which I doubt. Thanks in advance.

Were you able to track your VIN via UnitedRoad? My delivery is set for the 25th - I have zero insight. IDA said it's enroute to Dallas and would possibly be ready sooner, which I doubt. Thanks in advance.
No, hasn't shown up on United road. Although maybe that will change this week?
But I've heard in this thread some deliveries haven't shown up on United road, so who really knows...

What a terrible let down for everyone again. It seemed as though they had ironed it out and got things moving, but it's gone backward again. Seems trucks are the big issue - whether that is driver shortage or truck shortage, who knows for sure. I have a friend at Cedar Springs right now and his car isn't there. No notice ahead, and the real kicker is that he was scheduled on 9/22. His IDA called him on Thursday to ask if he wanted to come get the car today. Why in hell they are asking people to come in a week early if they can't even confirm that the cars are on site is beyond me.
Yeah... I mean the ida team needs some work still by quite a bit and their logistics team for Texas needs more work . It's crazy we have nowhere to confirm that delivery will still happen as many Idas are too overworked to even look in detail at accounts, I tried calling a few times. I get they are busy but tesla customer service 101 is failing still, especially for Texas.

I was walking out the door to make the trip to cedar springs from the house and got the call.

So good thing I guess, but who knows... Maybe I should have still went to try to get someone at the Dallas delivery centers attention. At least I didn't need to make the 45m each way trip out there.

I tried calling them a few times yesterday and today before I got the call from a different Ida today but no answer. I even left a voicemail to my ida, their supervisor, and cedar springs, no call back. Was just trying to figure out if delivery actually was going to happen .

No, hasn't shown up on United road. Although maybe that will change this week?
But I've heard in this thread some deliveries haven't shown up on United road, so who really knows...

Yeah... I mean the ida team needs some work still by quite a bit and their logistics team for Texas needs more work . It's crazy we have nowhere to confirm that delivery will still happen as many Idas are too overworked to even look in detail at accounts, I tried calling a few times. I get they are busy but tesla customer service 101 is failing still, especially for Texas.

I was walking out the door to make the trip to cedar springs from the house and got the call.

So good thing I guess, but who knows... Maybe I should have still went to try to get someone at the Dallas delivery centers attention. At least I didn't need to make the 45m each way trip out there.

I tried calling them a few times yesterday and today before I got the call from a different Ida today but no answer. I even left a voicemail to my ida, their supervisor, and cedar springs, no call back. Was just trying to figure out if delivery actually was going to happen .
Well, I just got a VM from my IDA (Brendon - been amazing) that my car has arrived and I'll be able to pick up as early as next week. Car is currently in Dallas. Fingers crossed.

Paid in full 9/5

Reactions: paco878
Well, I just got a VM from my IDA (Brendon - been amazing) that my car has arrived and I'll be able to pick up as early as next week. Car is currently in Dallas. Fingers crossed.

Paid in full 9/5
Brendon stepped in today for my account and has been amazing. Not sure if my original IDA is out or something else, but f*** man, Brendon is a million times better that what I've had to deal with so far. It's seriously no comparison.

Reactions: paco878
VIN 34296 finally delivered!

FYI The Dallas Cedar Springs Service Center is a mad house from a sheer volume perspective. There were so many irate customers coming through during the 4 hours I spent there. I had a 2:30pm appointment and didn't leave until 6:30pm. They informed me that my car wasn't one of the normally scheduled appointments as if I line jumped or something. A software based system of prioritization and workload management system that sends out notifications/alerts would serve them quite well. They lay out delivery packets on their small front desk and pull anyone's who complains and try to address them first. Purely reactive. If you are wondering why your car isn't getting any priority it is because they just aren't handling the higher volume well at all. I am a fan of replacing that particular service center manager Jared Orem. Their location isn't even answering the phones at all. They are literally reacting to whatever is directly in front of them as fast as they can, and Tesla owners anxiously waiting for the $50,000+ purchase deserve MUCH BETTER! I wish you all the best of luck! I'm off to post-delivery shake down of quality and defect issues with the service side.

Attachments

• Finally.Delivered9.14.2018.jpg
    Finally.Delivered9.14.2018.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 58
VIN 34296 finally delivered!

FYI The Dallas Cedar Springs Service Center is a mad house from a sheer volume perspective. There were so many irate customers coming through during the 4 hours I spent there. I had a 2:30pm appointment and didn't leave until 6:30pm. They informed me that my car wasn't one of the normally scheduled appointments as if I line jumped or something. A software based system of prioritization and workload management system that sends out notifications/alerts would serve them quite well. They lay out delivery packets on their small front desk and pull anyone's who complains and try to address them first. Purely reactive. If you are wondering why your car isn't getting any priority it is because they just aren't handling the higher volume well at all. I am a fan of replacing that particular service center manager Jared Orem. Their location isn't even answering the phones at all. They are literally reacting to whatever is directly in front of them as fast as they can, and Tesla owners anxiously waiting for the $50,000+ purchase deserve MUCH BETTER! I wish you all the best of luck! I'm off to post-delivery shake down of quality and defect issues with the service side.
Congrats on the delivery, finally... I've seen you in the thread for quite a bit. How is it?!

I don't get how this is OK. Sure they have issues with cars not making it to the DC, but lets compound the situation with this + whatever bad customer service the IDA experience is.

I would just expect delays. Texas is still rail jail central. The service center(Cedar Springs at least) has given up answering their phones and now their voice mailboxes are full. Your delivery advisor is also probably on non-stop back to back calls. I would like to say that those that have been waiting the longest are being served first, but I think they are just very reactive and chaotic. My wait time became quite long and I became quite the "squeaky wheel" emailing and calling everyone seeking escalation. I never did get specific answers as to the location and status of my car. I did ask on many occasions. I'd say if you have been paid in full for over 30 days it is time to start demanding prioritization. I would remain patient up to that point.

I ended up calling the service center and was told that I "got the service side" and they gave me a different toll-free number to call. I called that number and they said the car was "in transit" and expected to be delivered to the SC on the 17th. My IDA finally emailed me back last night saying that we are still looking good for the 22nd. I'm slightly more hopeful that I might actually get as scheduled.

FYI, I did manage to get my IDA on the phone the previous week and he said that they were told to be "as vague as possible" about the delivery updates.

I ended up calling the service center and was told that I "got the service side" and they gave me a different toll-free number to call. I called that number and they said the car was "in transit" and expected to be delivered to the SC on the 17th. My IDA finally emailed me back last night saying that we are still looking good for the 22nd. I'm slightly more hopeful that I might actually get as scheduled.

FYI, I did manage to get my IDA on the phone the previous week and he said that they were told to be "as vague as possible" about the delivery updates.

Internally at Tesla they use Skype and this is the primary method they use at the service center now. If you call the fully staffed HQ support number. You will get someone who will push you towards your delivery adviser and usually look them up to see if they are on skype. they can also check the service center employees as well, but they are typically customer facing and should be slanging cars out on the floor.

Sales and Existing Orders
(888) 518-3752

There is also this if you feel compelled to voice your concerns to someone that may or may not be able to assign special attention to your situation.
Contact the Board | Tesla, Inc.

Your delivery adviser is really your best friend in this whole process. Show them some understanding and win them over. Given the circumstances and the constant hostility many customers are spewing, your delivery advisor may be more inclined to help the people they "like" more. They are human after all. I sent my adviser a gift basket after he got my car to the service center and forced them to prioritize it. He went to bat for me and was very understanding through the delays. There are points in the process of getting your car to you where some advisers will lie to you or point to another group to take the blame. You are at their mercy for the most part. Accept the wait even if they give you a sh*tty answer or excuse. They really can't do much if your car is in rail jail. Tesla doesn't seem to have a prioritization mechanism in place. Some cars will sit and it will seem like everyone in the world is getting their car but you. Escalation does work to some degree. I filed complaints with BBB for both corporate and the service center location in Dallas. I went out to the OKC rail yard close to me and took pictures and shared them with everyone. Someone from the Tesla Discord channel (you can find this through the teslamotors subreddit sidebar: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers ) was sharing pictures from the Dallas overflow lot because they worked in a taller building pretty close to it. I put out my vin to see if they could share pictures of it if they came across it. (never did) Another guy on twitter was also posting different pictures of the dallas lot as well primarily capturing the wax pen notes on the windshields. @CarDudeTopanga

My car also never showed in United Road. I think because its primary transportation was BNSF rail then local transport from rail to service center.

It got bad. I feel stupid looking back and acting like some kind of private investigator or stalker or something. The internet gives us so much information and I'm sure Tesla will shift towards using it more to do delivery tracking and prioritization. If they implement a customer notification system for the delivery process I think it will solve 90% of the frustration customers are experiencing and cut their call volume.

Hope this helps....

Mother F er. Just got a text, my car still isn't there. No delivery today. :| . That makes two failed deliveries and now a full month from when I paid for this car.

That makes me feel sad, since my delivery went fairly well. The detailing was a rush job and there were a couple of scratches on the front passenger hood/wheel well area and some in buffed in wax, but other than that my car seemed perfect20180915_164046.jpg

Reactions: CrazyCoconut