Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, ordered 7/7, VIN 7/20 (email/txt) got tentative delivery 8/2. Funnily enough the VIN was not on my page until today.
The North Houston center said they’re inspecting the vehicle for damages and other misaligned items before the commit to a date.
Mine was tentative for 8/1. Just got a call an hour ago saying I could pick it up as early as 7/29 at North Houston.

My Tesla account still only has my RN number even thought I have received the VIN and made payment on the vehicle.

Anyone else encounter this?

I also spoke with my local gallery and they said to schedule my pickup through my Tesla account and they will reach out to me to confirm. However I still have the generic "We will reach out to you.." message. So confused, so impatient.

How did I miss this thread!!? I had a question on another thread about financing. Tesla told me I can only use Alliant Credit Union if I apply through their website. Is this true? Did you go to Pasadena FCU yourself or through tesla website?

I wasn't aware that you could use Tesla-provided financing in TX at all - I thought you always had to arrange your own (which I did with CUTX for my Model 3, and PFCU for the Y). Both were fairly responsive in my case.

My Tesla account still only has my RN number even thought I have received the VIN and made payment on the vehicle.

Anyone else encounter this?

I also spoke with my local gallery and they said to schedule my pickup through my Tesla account and they will reach out to me to confirm. However I still have the generic "We will reach out to you.." message. So confused, so impatient.

Yes, VIN was assigned on 7/20. Same date for the final MVPA. VIN didn’t show up on my page until 7/27. It now listed under the RN on the Overview page.

My experience (so far) was a lot faster than I expected:

MY MSM/Black LR AWD 20” Induction Wheels

7/17 – Insurance coverage provided to Tesla

7/17 – VIN assigned

How did you get insurance coverage proof without VIN? Afair Geico require VIN to make a proof of insurance. Or quote would be enough (it's not a proof though, you do not have insurance by just quoting)?

My account saying next step to upload insurance (or upload a CURRENT insurance?) but without VIN I do not see how that's possible,,,

I wasn't aware that you could use Tesla-provided financing in TX at all - I thought you always had to arrange your own (which I did with CUTX for my Model 3, and PFCU for the Y). Both were fairly responsive in my case.
You're probably right. When I go to my Tesla account and click on "tesla arranged loan", it directs me to Alliant website. And no other options are integrated with the website.

How did you get insurance coverage proof without VIN? Afair Geico require VIN to make a proof of insurance. Or quote would be enough (it's not a proof though, you do not have insurance by just quoting)?

My account saying next step to upload insurance (or upload a CURRENT insurance?) but without VIN I do not see how that's possible,,,
I also had Geico and had to have the VIN before they would give a quote or add the MY to policy. I just added my then current insurance to my Tesla account page, which did not have the MY. Once I received a VIN, I added it to the policy and sent a copy to the local delivery team.

I've been with Geico for years, but decided to switch to Progressive because it was substantially cheaper.

Both on the same day...obviously VIN before insurance.

My car is in off the train but looks like it’s just going to sit in Alabama for a week! Delivery pushed back the second time. First it was today (7/24), then 7/28 now 08/01.

@howlz did you finally get your ride?

Update on my delivery: I finally got it! And the fit and finish was way better than I was expecting it to be. I could not find any big alignment, gap or paint issues with the car at all and even the charge port is flush. My VIN is 22xxx. The only things I noticed were:

1) There is a lot of sticker goo on a few places in the interior and on one of the headlights. Also one of the doors has a sticker inside the door seal that is obvious from the outside of the vehicle that wasn't removed. Any tips on what would be good to remove that? I was gonna get some goo gone, but thinking there might be something better to use for the exterior. I do have 303 for the interior, could I also use that on the headlight since it's plastic?

2) I can fit a pinky finger in the hatch gap, but I think they'll say it's within spec, and it might be? It was the only real gap I noticed on the car, and I've been following the horror stories on this forum for the last two months so knew what to look for. The rear lights are all aligned really nicely.. better than the test drive car I drove in Houston lol.

3) There is some wind noise on the driver's side at highway speeds that I noticed on the way home. My friend say they couldn't hear it in the passenger's seat with the music off, so it's not very loud and not really a big issue.

Anyway, I'm definitely very happy with the car even if the delivery experience wasn't the best customer service experience I've had recently. I do think the fit and finish is getting way better! My car was had originally arrived on Saturday, so they may have fixed some factory issues before delivery, but didn't tell me of anything.

Hope everyone else here has a good delivery experience!

Update on my delivery: I finally got it! And the fit and finish was way better than I was expecting it to be. I could not find any big alignment, gap or paint issues with the car at all and even the charge port is flush. My VIN is 22xxx. The only things I noticed were:

1) There is a lot of sticker goo on a few places in the interior and on one of the headlights. Also one of the doors has a sticker inside the door seal that is obvious from the outside of the vehicle that wasn't removed. Any tips on what would be good to remove that? I was gonna get some goo gone, but thinking there might be something better to use for the exterior. I do have 303 for the interior, could I also use that on the headlight since it's plastic?

2) I can fit a pinky finger in the hatch gap, but I think they'll say it's within spec, and it might be? It was the only real gap I noticed on the car, and I've been following the horror stories on this forum for the last two months so knew what to look for. The rear lights are all aligned really nicely.. better than the test drive car I drove in Houston lol.

3) There is some wind noise on the driver's side at highway speeds that I noticed on the way home. My friend say they couldn't hear it in the passenger's seat with the music off, so it's not very loud and not really a big issue.

Anyway, I'm definitely very happy with the car even if the delivery experience wasn't the best customer service experience I've had recently. I do think the fit and finish is getting way better! My car was had originally arrived on Saturday, so they may have fixed some factory issues before delivery, but didn't tell me of anything.

Hope everyone else here has a good delivery experience!
Happy for you! Waiting for mine now in Austin as well... Who did you use for financing?

Happy for you! Waiting for mine now in Austin as well... Who did you use for financing?

I used UFCU. They've been great and handled everything with Tesla pretty seamlessly. My rate 2.5% for 60 months. Here's the info from my loan officer if you wanted to send him a message:

Evan Wayne | Consumer Loan Officer
University Federal Credit Union
PO Box 9350 | Austin, TX 78766
(512) 421-7376 | Fax (512) 421-7455
[email protected] | ufcu.org

Reactions: Mooroo
Since Texas is a two license plate state, does the MY come with a front license plate bracket? If not, any recommendations?
It does come with a bracket...stick-on application, I believe. There are other options available from 3rd party suppliers, you can search for front license plate bracket tesla and get some results. SnapPlate is one provider, but I have not ordered one yet....