Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time slot was 12-2PM... Tesla guy called me right before he was leaving the SC I believe and got to my house around 1PM. Said that the company schedules their Ubers ahead of time so I had about 15-20 minutes with him before the car arrived.

We have 72 hours to spot anything wrong with the car and report it. Car looked great... drives great... nothing seems wrong with it so far! Hope everyone gets theirs delivered soon!

Attachments

• IMG_5892.JPG
    IMG_5892.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 70
Time slot was 12-2PM... Tesla guy called me right before he was leaving the SC I believe and got to my house around 1PM. Said that the company schedules their Ubers ahead of time so I had about 15-20 minutes with him before the car arrived.

We have 72 hours to spot anything wrong with the car and report it. Car looked great... drives great... nothing seems wrong with it so far! Hope everyone gets theirs delivered soon!

Looks really nice. My car is supposed to be in Houston on Sunday. Trying to get the delivery on Monday.

How do you guys find out where you car is located? The only person I’ve had any contact with is my inside devlivery advisor via email. She’s in Vegas.

After seeing a post or two of delivery date similar to mine moved up because the car arrived at the service center, I called the service center to see if mine had also arrived. The service center pinged the car and told me where is was. It has since arrived in Dallas and my date moved from the 26th to the 24th. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!
They were going to deliver on the 23rd but my home address in Keller/Fort Worth is too far for delivery so I have to go to the service center to pick up or find a spot closer to accept delivery. My unconfirmed thought is that the car has to be at the 50 miles or less on the odometer for them to deliver as new...I guess. So fellow Ft. Worthians, if your date is coming, keep that in mind.
Anyway, headed to the family get together in McKinney today and will take the long route through Dallas to stalk the lot for my blue beauty.

Jayb1 - what I saw a blue waiting for owner next to mine. They were several blues on the lot.

I picked up mine yesterday. It was certainly busy at the SC but they had car and paperwork ready.

Got shown to my car which was already waiting on the lot outside. Car was perfect! Looked great. Couldn’t find anything wrong. The did have version 42 on instead of the latest and I was told that Tesla pushes it to the car vins on their own. They said I’ll get it in few days.

I only got 10 minutes of introduction to the car. Mainly the advisor helped with pairing phone key, covering main points on touch screen (autopilot, navigation, music etc). He suggested that I explore screen menus to learn. After setting up the basics, I was on my way home. I was told to report any issues within 72hrs and they will take care of it.

Overall I love the car. This has to be the most expensive and nicest car I’ve ever owned. EAP is a game changer! Definitely hang in there for your delivery. It’s soo worth it.

By the way, I had about 10 miles on my car at pick up.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity and SMAlset
Jayb1 - what I saw a blue waiting for owner next to mine. They were several blues on the lot.

I picked up mine yesterday. It was certainly busy at the SC but they had car and paperwork ready.

Got shown to my car which was already waiting on the lot outside. Car was perfect! Looked great. Couldn’t find anything wrong. The did have version 42 on instead of the latest and I was told that Tesla pushes it to the car vins on their own. They said I’ll get it in few days.

I only got 10 minutes of introduction to the car. Mainly the advisor helped with pairing phone key, covering main points on touch screen (autopilot, navigation, music etc). He suggested that I explore screen menus to learn. After setting up the basics, I was on my way home. I was told to report any issues within 72hrs and they will take care of it.

Overall I love the car. This has to be the most expensive and nicest car I’ve ever owned. EAP is a game changer! Definitely hang in there for your delivery. It’s soo worth it.

By the way, I had about 10 miles on my car at pick up.

Thanks for all of the info. Just finished buying my last tank of gas as new blue will join our Leaf.

Reactions: SMAlset
Anyone tried to add EAP close to delivery date, after signing MVPA/funding? Assuming it is still $5k, how did you pay for the add?

I am holding out, wanting to try for 30 days before adding, but don't know if that means I have to pay $7k.

Anyone tried to add EAP close to delivery date, after signing MVPA/funding? Assuming it is still $5k, how did you pay for the add?

I am holding out, wanting to try for 30 days before adding, but don't know if that means I have to pay $7k.

If you have a regular commute, I suggest you definitely buy it! It’s amazing.. it really Makes drives so much easier. Specially in traffic.

Anyone familiar with the process to get our real license plates? I forgot to ask the delivery guy.

Do they mail it to us eventually or do they ship to the nearest service center and give us a call when it arrives?
I was told it would be mailed to us within 30 days and to call them if it does not show up.

If you run past 30 days, the temp tag can be flipped and it will give you another 30 days.

I did get a fed ex package that I had to sign some papers for Tesla to transfer title and register car under my name.

Reactions: Glockoma
There’s a bunch of Tesla’s in my area, literally almost all of them do NOT have the front license plate... after I started keeping track noticed the same with most Mercedes, BMW’s and Audi’s

I do not plan to run mine with one either. I don’t on my 911, but that’s not my daily. I’ll keep it in the frunk with some double-sided tape on the back of it, slightly dirty, and slap it on if pulled over with the story that it was falling off and I pulled it off to put it on with new tape.

Hey Texas folks,

I’m loving this car. Still can’t believe the car finally delivered. I have to check my drive way in the morning cause it still feels like a dream.

Quick question for Texas folks, did y’all get latest firmware version? Mine came with 42.9 and I still didn’t get the latest version download prompt yet.

Should I call service for this? I was told during delivery that the update gets sent randomly. I didn’t really ask if they could manually upgrade the firmware. Should I have?

Hey Texas folks,

I’m loving this car. Still can’t believe the car finally delivered. I have to check my drive way in the morning cause it still feels like a dream.

Quick question for Texas folks, did y’all get latest firmware version? Mine came with 42.9 and I still didn’t get the latest version download prompt yet.

Should I call service for this? I was told during delivery that the update gets sent randomly. I didn’t really ask if they could manually upgrade the firmware. Should I have?

Make sure you've connected the car to wifi. It took us about a day before the update arrived after we received the car.

Quick question for Texas folks, did y’all get latest firmware version? Mine came with 42.9 and I still didn’t get the latest version download prompt yet
I don't know if I am looking at the right place, but my app shows current version as 2018.48.12.1... is that the latest? Picked up at 2pm yesterday, and the app had the update option when I got home in the evening. Update took about 20 mins I think.

Reactions: rraghu78
I don't know if I am looking at the right place, but my app shows current version as 2018.48.12.1... is that the latest? Picked up at 2pm yesterday, and the app had the update option when I got home in the evening. Update took about 20 mins I think.
yea that is the current version.

Make sure you've connected the car to wifi. It took us about a day before the update arrived after we received the car.

Yea, I connected it first day... matter of fact immediately after delivery. No prompt for update and its 3 days almost....