Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Republicans formally support Tesla sales in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
This was the headline today in Harvey Kronberg's Quorum Report daily buzz:
http://www.quorumreport.com/buzz/buzz.cfm

From an SREC resolution approved overwhelmingly: "The Republican Party of Texas favors allowing consumers to purchase cars directly from manufacturers."

SREC stands for State Republican Executive Committee. I can't find anything about this yet on the Texas Republican Party website.

This was posted in a TMC general forum on energy and environment. Mods, sorry for the cross post but no one would have seen it there.

Anybody know what this means, if anything? Republican Senate, Republican House, Republican Governor, Republican Lt Governor, and the Republicans state they want manufacturers to be able to sell directly.

Sounds like a slam-dunk, but I doubt it.

Anybody know what this means, if anything? Republican Senate, Republican House, Republican Governor, Republican Lt Governor, and the Republicans state they want manufacturers to be able to sell directly.

Sounds like a slam-dunk, but I doubt it.

My guess is that the Republican Party includes everyone but the elected officials.

I found it interesting that the bill to legalize marijuana in Texas seemed to mirror what happened with the Tesla bill. Many legislators came out as supporting the bill (or at least not opposing it), but one legislator got blamed for killing the bill.

Is this a new political maneuver, allowing the majority of the legislators to be able to come out in favor of something to satisfy their constituents opinion of them, knowing full well that the bill will never see the light of day, so their special interest group funding them are still satisfied?

The powers-to-be that want to restrict sales and subvert a free-market economy has nothing to do conservatives. Far from it. The entrenched business interests who desire an unfair advantage go far beyond politics.

I did not ascribe anyone as being conservative or not.
Simply if you talk the talk, then walk the walk.

If the Republicans formally "Support" Tesla sales in Texas, then they should grow a spine and follow through.
And do something about it.
Note: this was the Republican Party, not the Conservative Party.

From the top down, Texas elected officials are primarily (almost exclusively) Republicans, so even if anyone (else) opposed them, they would be run over or out-flanked due to the sheer numbers of Republicans.
In essence, the Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for not acting on it.
Otherwise, don't go Grand Standing for free-market economy et al.

Do what you say you are going to do, because lip service does no one any good.