Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard that the next one to go up in TX will be in Corsicana...does anyone know any of the other locations that are said to be going up by 2015? I see a few more on the map here: http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Do they know for sure of are they just guesstimating the location? :)

I went to the SC opening in Bellmead (Waco) last Tuesday.
I spoke with the Mr. Bob McNutt, President of Collin Street Bakery and one of his former Associates who is facilitating/brokering the deals between CSB and TM.
It seemed that they have a deal worked out for Corsicana CSB location.

Due to the amount of current construction and big Tesla crates sitting there, Columbus will probably come on line and be operational before the other two: Corsicana and Huntsville/Madisonville (the remaining unknown location).

The Speaker from Tesla at Bellmead said that the "triangle" of Texas would be completed before the end of Fall 2013.
They are about half way there, with two OPEN, one under construction and two unknown (fully verified) start date.

Go look at the Supercharger Map on Tesla.com
Supercharger | Tesla Motors
3 more stations have been added BEFORE the ribbon cutting ceremonies (Now up to 25 Locations!!!).

It takes lots of planning, consistent effort and diligence to succeed at a task.
KUDOS to Tesla for completing what they have so far.

Got to Columbus today, looks about ready, not sure if they were energized, doubt it (in co-worker's car). I want a sign for my garage spot at work!
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1216.jpg

Went by Columbus yesterday around noon. Physically all pieces appeared in place (individual chargers, cables and the power platform built to comply w/ 100 yr flood plane). Photos above are great, thanks for taking the time to snap the photos.

Work crew was on site.

The work crew shared the units' would likely be powered late this week; with a formal ribbon cutting the following week around the ~9th. Very excited!

The work crew also mentioned work underway in earnest in Huntsville.

Per post today by John Floyd on the Austin/San Antonio Owners Group:

"Columbus is powered up. Ribbon cutting confirmed Tuesday.

Guys said Hunstville will be at the Holiday Inn Express on 45 (next to a couple restaurants and across the highway from a Starbucks)"

That would make the Huntsville SC about 170 miles from my house; should be doable.

Last edited: