Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just got this too. Maybe it's good news as these texts seem to have timed well with Glovis Prime docking. Assuming a few days in port, 3 weeks to get to the EU and a week to the UK would mean these cars (if EU bound) will be delivered late August or early September

I've just got this too. Maybe it's good news as these texts seem to have timed well with Glovis Prime docking. Assuming a few days in port, 3 weeks to get to the EU and a week to the UK would mean these cars (if EU bound) will be delivered late August or early September

That was my guess too. I just had a quick look at dates that people were reporting SMS and docking dates and it doesn't quite tally. Close enough for me though... (I just received the same message :) )

Tesla Update : Deliveries will continue through August and September. Once your car is in transit we will provide your estimated delivery week via Email. A confirmed delivery date and time will be provided within 3 days of your appointment. Please complete your Tesla profile to ensure we can expedite your delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Just had this TXT too.
Not sure what to make of it, just checked my source code and it is still showing a Model X in there for some strange reason!
Been the same for 2 weeks! I was hoping it was a free upgrade but then noticed it was a LHD 2016 one....

Pretty sure Glovis Prime will be headed to China. It's the size of ship normally sent to China, and Tesla tend to alternate EU/China ships, so it makes sense for Prime to be headed over to China, not the EU. It'd be surprising if they did back to back EU vessels especially with no time-gap in between.

Tesla tend to alternate EU/China ships, so it makes sense for Prime to be headed over to China, not the EU. It'd be surprising if they did back to back EU vessels especially with no time-gap in between.

Normally, I'd agree. But now we're in full-on RHD mode... I don't know a lot about how the line works, but I would have thought they'd get as many RHD cars out of the door as possible before switching back to LHD. Maybe I'm just being unrealistically hopeful?

Reactions: Rooster6655
Normally, I'd agree. But now we're in full-on RHD mode... I don't know a lot about how the line works, but I would have thought they'd get as many RHD cars out of the door as possible before switching back to LHD. Maybe I'm just being unrealistically hopeful?

The sales are there ready to be had so they will no doubt be taking advantage of it to secure at least 5k+

Another text through ...
“Tesla Update : Deliveries will continue through August and September. Once your car is in transit we will provide your estimated delivery week via Email. A confirmed delivery date and time will be provided within 3 days of your appointment. Please complete your Tesla profile to ensure we can expedite your delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

Yes, apparently we got this one too. No dates. No vin.

Just had this TXT too.
Not sure what to make of it, just checked my source code and it is still showing a Model X in there for some strange reason!
Been the same for 2 weeks! I was hoping it was a free upgrade but then noticed it was a LHD 2016 one....

Is it this VIN? 5YJXCAE4XGF006813

I think everyone has that one as it's a code comment. probably from testing the web page previously

i'd rather say it's been timed with the Glovis Champion departing. Glovis Champion is definitely going through the Panama Canal and then presumably to Europe.

i'd rather say it's been timed with the Glovis Champion departing. Glovis Champion is definitely going through the Panama Canal and then presumably to Europe.

I only ordered last week so I'd be amazed if it has already left San Francisco. However, looking at the weights of previous ships and the previous patterns I would be surprised if Prime isn't going to China.

I don't think there is a hidden message behind the text unfortunately. The car is somewhere and will be delivered at some point